Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you out of your mind, NO WAY!!!

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lucifers angel

same shit, differant day!!
Registered Senior Member
I still can't belive they are going to make these compulsary, i dont know anyone who will carry one, i know i wont, the goverment say its for our safety but its not, it has already been prooven that illegal aliens can get a card if they really wanted, so why bother?

===============================

The first UK identity card for more than 60 years will start to be issued in November, the Government announced today.

Jacqui Smith unveiled the card which is to be issued to people outside the European economic area renewing their permission to stay in the UK as students or on the basis of marriage.

Up to 60,000 cards will be handed out between November and March in the first large scale production of the 4.7bn identity card scheme.

The red and blue card bears the royal crest plus the shamrock, daffodil, thistle and rose as symbols representing the four countries making up the United Kingdom.

It bears the person’s picture, name, date of birth, their status in the UK and whether they have a right to work. On the back the card gives the person’s town and country of birth, gender and whether they have the right to UK state benefits.

The biometric details are the person’s two fingerprints.

Ms Smith, the Home Secretary, said the card, which will cost £30, will replace up to 50 paper documents. “ID cards for foreign nationals will replace old fashioned paper documents; make it easier for employers and sponsors to check entitlement to work and study and for the UK border agency to verify someone’s identity."

The card, which is compulsory for foreign nationals, will start to be issued on November 25 at offices in Croydon, Glasgow, Sheffield, Liverpool, Birmingham and Cardiff. Over the next three years up to one million will be issued to foreign nationals in Britain.

Ms Smith added: “Foreign nationals living and working here and studying here legally will be able to prove that easily and we will be able to prevent those here illegally from benefiting.”

Ms Smith said that next year identity cards will start to be issued to UK citizens working in sensitive areas including those employed airside at airports.

It is understood the issuing of these cards will be trialled first at a handful of airports and they will only be issued to new applicants for jobs rather than existing staff.

Under current plans identity cards will start to be issued on a voluntary basis to UK citizens from 2010 with the Government initially targeting youngsters over 16 who may wish to have them to help prove their identity and age.

From 2011/12 ministers hope to start rolling out the scheme throughout the UK with people able to apply for an identity card, passport or both at a cost of just under £100.

The card issued to UK citizens will differ in the information displayed from that given to foreign nationals.

It will include a picture, name, gender, place and date of birth, issue an expiry date of the card, national identity register number, nationality and two fingerprints but does not have details of a person’s right to work or access to benefits.

Although identity cards issued to foreign nationals are compulsory, UK citizens will not have to apply, or carry one. It will require further legislation to make it compulsory for every UK citizen aged 16 or over to have an ID card and require them to produce it when seeking employment or accessing public services.

==================================

will you carry one? what can they do if you refuse, put you in prison, they are already over crowded and with the ammount of people refusing to carry one, they wont have any space!! Or will they fine us? they can't get blood out of a stone!!

380_Image_ID_card_design.jpg

So what's the big deal? I carry my passport around any way. This would be more portable.

So what's the big deal? I carry my passport around any way. This would be more portable.

the big deal is, the police will be able to stop us and ask to see the cards, if they dont like the look of you, they can/will stop you and bother you, and they ahve to much power has it is

And? So ok, a policeman asks you to show the card, you do it, then go. I still don't understand the problem.

And? So ok, a policeman asks you to show the card, you do it, then go. I still don't understand the problem.

it goes against human rights, i will personally go to jail before i carry one, i wont even be forced to pay the £200 per card, i dont carry ID with me now, so why should i be FORCED to start, because the goverment dont know who they are letting into the country?

What human rights are those? I'm a lawyer, please enlighten me of something I've missed.
The police have duty to check out suspicious individuals and have the right to find out the identity of said persons. If anything, this will be quicker, because they won't need to call up the station in order to ask for a checkup in computer databases.

But I agree that the price tag of those cards sucks big way, there's no way a card can cost so much. I recently replaced passport and it cost me just 15 quid, and it had all that information incoded in it the same as these cards do.

But I agree that the price tag of those cards sucks big way, there's no way a card can cost so much. I recently replaced passport and it cost me just 15 quid, and it had all that information incoded in it the same as these cards do.

it might be a processing fee as well. Perhaps the ID has some digital information coded on it or maybe the price tag comes from processing information about the person to adequate sources of government (police, post offices, travel department...etc)

I don't care for that, if the government needs it then the government should pay for it most of the cost.

I don't care for that, if the government needs it then the government should pay for it most of the cost.

But the government will have to allocate money for such a grandeur project, and were will the money come from? taxpayers, I am sure. So the choice is clear, pay cash or pay by tax-money. Usually everyone notices taxes increase more than some nifty card costing cash.

What grandeur project? It's just a database and information encoded in a card.
UK has a population of 61 million. 200 quid per face amounts to 12,200,000,000 GBP!!!
Don't tell me shitty slippers a simple database can cost that much! UK citizens are being milked on this.

I have all that information encoded in my passport, including biometric data, and it cost 15 quid.

What human rights are those? I'm a lawyer, please enlighten me of something I've missed.
The police have duty to check out suspicious individuals and have the right to find out the identity of said persons. If anything, this will be quicker, because they won't need to call up the station in order to ask for a checkup in computer databases.

so we're living in a policestate now are we? where the police can tell us what to do?

why dont they just tattoo us and have it over with

No, but they can check your ID. I truly don't understand your worries.
If you're not a criminal hiding from law, what's wrong if they know your name?

because its my civil right not to carry ID, i ahve never carried ID and i wont start now!

The police have duty to check out suspicious individuals and have the right to find out the identity of said persons.

One could ask why someone who has not committed a crime should be required to carry a number. Much less, forced to buy it. You're passport is a different issue as it isn't required for everyday interactions in your own country.

One could ask why someone who has not committed a crime should be required to carry a number.
Don't you have personal id numbers given at birth in the UK? We have, it's how to recognize one John Smith from another John Smith.
If you do, you already have a number.

Having a number doesn't mean you are a number.

dna strip as means of identification should be more prevalent deal. Take dna from body tissue cells and immedeately analyze it. This way we can know were everyone is and control unwanted situation or spread of diseases or people who are ill.

gbr4.JPG

after all, UK voted for him, and he will have everyone safely secure.

DNA won't show if you have contracted ebola virus, besides it can't be analysed in seconds or minutes.

DNA won't show if you have contracted ebola virus, besides it can't be analysed in seconds or minutes.

well than that is what we should strive for, for a fast immedeate dna analysis in mobile instrument.

What I meant was that a person who is diagnosed with X sort of syndrom/disease will not be let to access certain parameters of the city.

well than that is what we should strive for, for a fast immedeate dna analysis in mobile instrument.

What I meant was that a person who is diagnosed with X sort of syndrom/disease will not be let to access certain parameters of the city.

Agreed. Let's start with those whose genetic make-up points to Russian origin.
For what if the stated ideology states that Russians are the cancer of the planet?

Back