Filming Sex

mad how would you feel if you found yourself on the net?
or even worse your PARENTS found yourself on the net?
or your children?

How would you actually feel?
violated?
I'd feel embarrassed. Probably pissed off. But, I'd probably just say, "Hmmm. That guy does kinda look like me. Good looking guy."
how is that different from waking up and finding someone has had sex with you without your concent?
It's completely and utterly different. There's no comparison whatsoever.
Its NOT concentual if you dont know your being filmed, you havent concented to "sex which will be filmed"
Sure, you haven't consented to being filmed during sex, but it's not rape.

no mad, its not "you havent concented to be filmed during sex" its "you havent concented to FILMED SEX" its as simple as that. Read tiassa's post

Is it ethical for a person to film themselves having sex with their spouse and not tell them?

hm I personally don't think so, it's not like it would seep onto the internet some how, and I always get camera shy so I'm probably better off knowing after the act.
I think it's fine as long as it's only you and your spouse that enjoys it. :D

for masturbatory purposes. Spouse not told because it would make the spouse self-conscious and not natural.

it is strange for one thing but then that tape can also be used maliciously. I know that i would not my gf or wife sneaking around filming me.

As Asguard has said there are laws that protect people from this and especially in a private location.

This borders on stalking or at least can be a precursor to it.

hm I personally don't think so, it's not like it would seep onto the internet some how, and I always get camera shy so I'm probably better off knowing after the act.
I think it's fine as long as it's only you and your spouse that enjoys it. :D

No way it's a bad idea. What if you break up or get mad each other. That's why so many movie stars have sex tapes that magically surface. I wouldn't want someone to have that kind of power over me. Something like that getting out even accidentally could ruin your ambitions and your life. But perhaps I'm the only person so uptight about it. :shrug:

cutsie celbs make them for publicity and releace them themselves. As for normal people though? put it this way, if you want to make one make sure its on non transferable media and that you lock it in a box that has 2 keys which need to be used together and each keep one. Thats for people who WANT to make them. people like orleander who make them without concent deserve to rot in jail

No way it's a bad idea. What if you break up or get mad each other. That's why so many movie stars have sex tapes that magically surface. I wouldn't want someone to have that kind of power over me. Something like that getting out even accidentally could ruin your ambitions and your life. But perhaps I'm the only person so uptight about it. :shrug:

No I completely get what you are saying. I guess from my own experience, my boyfriend wouldn't ever do that to me, even if we were to breakup which I don't see possible at this time he wouldn't show the whole world.

cutsie celbs make them for publicity and releace them themselves. As for normal people though? put it this way, if you want to make one make sure its on non transferable media and that you lock it in a box that has 2 keys which need to be used together and each keep one. Thats for people who WANT to make them. people like orleander who make them without concent deserve to rot in jail

I love how you speak for everyone. She should not rot in jail if you have sex with someone you should be able to empathize with them. rot in jail!?! seriously...

...people like orleander who make them without concent deserve to rot in jail

:itold: well its a good thing you're studying to be a nurse's aide and not a lawyer then huh?
and what makes you think I did the filming you whiny ass bawl baby?

no mad, its not "you havent concented to be filmed during sex" its "you havent concented to FILMED SEX" its as simple as that. Read tiassa's post

....Additionally, there is some blurring of law and social processes. Speaking in terms of psychology, for instance, one can reasonably assert that the voyeur in the park, or filming in your windows, or whatever, is, indeed, a participant in a sex act that at least one partner did not consent to. In terms of the law, it generally falls under a different purview than rape....

LOL, yeah, why don't you do that Asguard.

...However, if the filming is part of the sex act, what are the implications? To take Orleander's point, for instance: If you consent to sex, does that mean your husband can flip you over and plow your ass?

If you consent to give oral sex, does that mean you have inherently consented to vaginal or anal sex?....

What, exactly, is the purpose of the covert filming?

well, he can try it. I can say no and he would have to stop.

and the purpose of the film was for masturbatory purposes.

...As Asguard has said there are laws that protect people from this and especially in a private location....

what laws?? You both keep bring up the law but WHAT LAW?! Its illegal to film in your own home? Its illegal to film yourself? Which one of those is illegal?

and what makes you think I did the filming you whiny ass bawl baby?
I have been puzzled by how several posters have all assumed that a) filming actually took place, b) this filming was conducted by Orleander.
I can see nothing in the posts that justifies these assumptions.
Your question could well have been hypothetical. It could have been real, but by another party.

Why don't people learn to read?

When people consensually punch each other it's called boxing, and is legal. When you punch someone who doesn't consent, it's called assault and is illegal. But if I film my boxing match with someone without their consent, that doesn't magically change my boxing match into assault, even if the other boxer wouldn't have agreed to box had he known he was being recorded. Similarly, the fact that the person wouldn't have consented to be filmed doesn't mean it's rape. "Filmed sex" is not a particular type of sex, much like "filmed boxing" is not a particular type of boxing, and "filmed knitting" isn't a particular type of knitting.

Last edited:
what if its filmed for mastabatory use later?

The problem is that there is no guarantee, that the film is not going to get into the wrong hands or seen by others for whom it is not intended.

Let's say hubby leave the tape in the VCR and friends come over to watch the ballgame and voila! there is an interesting surprise.
Now let's throw in one of the friends stealing the tape and there you are, on the internet in no time....

Or perhaps you're the only person who frequents these forums with an actual life to be ruined? :p

As far as I'm aware, rape is ith regard to the non-consentual physical act of sex.

Since filming is a non-physical process, it can not turn a consentual physical act into a non-consentual physical act.

However, non-consentual filming is probably an invasion of privacy.

And as for whether it is ethical or not... I would say it is generally considered not ethical, but it would depend on the relationship (emotionally and physically etc) between the parties involved and their own views.

Filming someone having sex obviously isn't rape, but I do believe you can get arrested for being a "peeping Tom" can't you? Which is basically violating someone's privacy and I think filming someone without their permission is a violation of their privacy, consent, and trust. Hidden camera shows film people without their permission, but must obtain consent after the fact otherwise it's illegal to show the footage. I still thinks it's wrong, but if you are crazy enough to let a tape like that exist and do consent to it after the filiming then, hey whatever, it's your life. :shrug:

Back