Filming Sex

Yeah that's unethical. I would be very angry if my fiance did that to me. No matter what the reason. And I would destroy it right away, I have a government job I can't have tapes like that. And even if I didn't if someone wants to film me having sex they need to have my permission end of story.

um james, i gather you havent read the changes to the concent laws for NSW have you?
They are ALOT tougher and basically state that if you dont concent to EXACTLY what happens then they can be charged. Now if someone ELSE filmed you then you have an issue, i guess you could use the upskirt laws but after a whole heep of these cases where people were filmed without there concent and then had it distributed the state goverments toughened the laws

Is it ethical for a person to film themselves having sex with their spouse and not tell them?
What with the sound technicians, the lighting man and the fluffers walking around, how would you keep it a secret? (There has to an opportunity here for a reference to the Key Grip, but I just can't get a handle on it.)

ophiolite said:
(There has to an opportunity here for a reference to the Key Grip, but I just can't get a handle on it.)
The Key Grip and the Best Boy assist Continuity.

It would be a breach of trust; even if the spouse was a raving exhibitionist it would still be grossly unfair to them if done without their knowledge. Besides, as Fraggle said, the tape could very easily get lost, stolen or mislaid and end up in unscrupulous hands; the embarrassment would then be double.

Best Boy

Ophiolite said:

(There has to an opportunity here for a reference to the Key Grip, but I just can't get a handle on it.)

Don't forget the Best Boy.

um james, i gather you havent read the changes to the concent laws for NSW have you?
They are ALOT tougher and basically state that if you dont concent to EXACTLY what happens then they can be charged. Now if someone ELSE filmed you then you have an issue, i guess you could use the upskirt laws but after a whole heep of these cases where people were filmed without there concent and then had it distributed the state goverments toughened the laws

New law highlights consent for sex

The New South Wales Government has drafted a legal definition of what constitutes consent to have sex....

..The proposed bill spells out that a person cannot be judged to have consented to sex if they lacked the capacity or freedom to choose....

Mr Hatzistergos says it also includes an objective fault test, making it harder for an accused person to argue that they mistakenly thought the victim had consented to sex.

"For example, who is under the intoxication of drugs or alcohol clearly does not have the capacity to be able to agree to sexual intercourse," he said....

Asguard, its the sex that makes it rape. Not the filming of the sex. Not the location of where the sex took place. Not the time of day the sex took place. Not the clothing the person was wearing. Not the perfume the person was wearing. Its not consenting to have sex that makes it rape.

I can just imagine you in an ambulance talking to 2 women who were attacked by a man. One got her butt pinched and the other got sodomized. Imagine the reaction of the woman who was really raped to you telling the one who got her butt pinched that she was raped as well.

It depends on the circumstances and the damages claimed. Unless you add some more information, such as location and what was done with the video

In the U.S. it varies greatly from state to state. In some places it would be legal, in others illegal, and in still others it would be legal if there's no sound but illegal if you include sound (I kid you not).

As for ethics, I would think most spouses could probably be reasonably sure about whether or not it would bother their significant other. If you think it would bother them, then you shouldn't do it. If it wouldn't bother them, it's probably ethical.

Ewwwww! I just had a very enlightening thought, what if you grow old together then one divorces the other, who wants the tape then? Especially if you both dislike each other. The things someone could to to annoy each other with a tape like that if the relationship ever ended...egads.:(

filming sex is a shady issue, some people dont mind it while others find it a total turn of, however it is immoral and degrading to film yourself having sex while the other person has no idea what you are doing, it is bext to get they're concent first and then let them see the tape and then delete it if nessecary

mad how would you feel if you found yourself on the net?
or even worse your PARENTS found yourself on the net?
or your children?

How would you actually feel?
violated?

how is that different from waking up and finding someone has had sex with you without your concent?

Its NOT concentual if you dont know your being filmed, you havent concented to "sex which will be filmed"

Basically if your to cowardly to ask your partner orleander then you already know the answer. If your worried he would say no then your chosing to violate his right to decide what happens to himself

...Its NOT concentual if you dont know your being filmed, you havent concented to "sex which will be filmed"...

That's not rape though is it. You've consented to sex, but not being filmed. If you and your whatever have sex in the park and someone films it, are they raping you? no

The purpose of the filming?

Part of me wonders how people regard the filming. Is it part of the sex act? While there is merit to the argument that no, it isn't, what is the covert filming actually for?

Additionally, there is some blurring of law and social processes. Speaking in terms of psychology, for instance, one can reasonably assert that the voyeur in the park, or filming in your windows, or whatever, is, indeed, a participant in a sex act that at least one partner did not consent to. In terms of the law, it generally falls under a different purview than rape.

However, if the filming is part of the sex act, what are the implications? To take Orleander's point, for instance: If you consent to sex, does that mean your husband can flip you over and plow your ass?

If you consent to give oral sex, does that mean you have inherently consented to vaginal or anal sex? If you kiss a guy on New Year's, does that mean he can knock you down and have sex with you?

What, exactly, is the purpose of the covert filming?

Back