Filming Sex

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
Is it ethical for a person to film themselves having sex with their spouse and not tell them?

Ethic's aren't objectively real so it really only matters if "you" think it's ethical or not. It does however show a trust issue.

Yes.
If you're selling it. Then its morally wrong. Nothing Illegal with it as far as I can tell, but morally and ethically (As a spouse), it's wrong.

orleander i think you will find its grounds for filing a rape charge in that both partners didnt give informed concent

But what is your opinion?

I would consider the filming without knowledge a breach of trust with the exception of the video being something like a birthday gift later on. I would consider the external distribution of the film without knowledge a second breach of trust.

what if its filmed for mastabatory use later?

lmao. If you had the right intentions then yes (masturbatory reasons later) - you won't get sued or arrested by the police if your husband finds out that you were just masturbating- if you give it to your friends as innocent as it is- as asguard says I would still suspect that that is a bit on edge :D

I would consider the filming without knowledge a breach of trust with the exception of the video being something like a birthday gift later on. I would consider the external distribution of the film without knowledge a second breach of trust.

Not a present, not to be seen by anyone but the filmer.

Is it ethical for a person to film themselves having sex with their spouse and not tell them?

Depends how low the persons standards are to start with. Some people tape their girlfriends/boyfriends having sex with them without their knowledge. There's already so much free sex videos online nowadays that I don't understand why people just don't watch online stuff rather than taping themselves. :shrug:

rape? Lord love a duck. Do you have a clue as to what rape is?

well apparently over in oz(from what ive seen with asgard and jamesR anyway) any sexual act for which a person does not give 100% fully informed written consent, is just as bad as sexually violating a person.

invasion of privacy i would grant you, but to call that rape is just plain disgusting in the way that it demeans all those who have been victims of actual rape.

Every marriage is unique and the couple makes its own rules. If you have a reasonable assumption that your spouse would not mind, then I suppose it's not unethical in the most pedantic sense of the word. But if it turns out you were wrong, it will certainly qualify as "really stupid."

I would not want such an image of me to exist. These days you just never know where it might show up and the bizarre way it got there.
rape? Lord love a duck. Do you have a clue as to what rape is?
Yeah, leave it to the People's Republic of Down Under to find a way to make us laugh about a topic involving rape. In the USA I don't think it would be called "rape" even if the couple were not married, so long as they were adults and the sex was consensual. But it could surely run afoul of a dozen other laws.

I don't think it would be easy to get someone interested in prosecuting that offense unless they could smell a deep-pockets award.

orleander i think you will find its grounds for filing a rape charge in that both partners didnt give informed concent

No. If they consent to the intercourse, it can't be rape.

However, there may be an infringement of privacy laws - not that they are likely to come into play unless the tape becomes public.

Back