Feminism and Islam

Can any law be fully implemented? No. Does that make pointless the existence of laws?

That's not the point. At least Islamic societies are not pretending to tolerate emancipation of women and gays. What use is the law if women and gays are discriminated on a daily basis? It is just pretense.

What truly matters is the severity.

The severity is not what matters. What matters is that these issues are of great importance in both societies. What matters is that sexism is rampant in western society, the great upholder of democracy. People shouldn't have to use the law as a recourse. They should be fully able to enjoy their rights. What is of concern is that men still constantly subjugate women in western society. And that is definitely a complicated issue to analyze, but you cannot dumb it down.

Thats her opinion

Have you read it?

Just one more thing. I am interested to know if you even believe that women are discriminated against in western society? It is easy to point fingers at islamic societies because injustice is blatantly visible.

DoctorNO said:
Well, bells, I didn’t see anything in that article that supports any of your wild assertions above….with regards to choosing abortion, being branded a bitch, interview questions, job refusals for being more qualified, women shelters, etc.

The purpose of the links I gave you were to provide you with a list of readings on the matter. If you expected me to give you a breakdown of each article or book, then you're sadly mistaken.

In marriages women tend to do more work because of the woman’s maternal instincts in taking care of the family, and because of sexist expectations that men refuses to cook & do the laundry because its unmanly. I myself don’t like to cook but I never forced my wife to cook, in fact I told her she could stop cooking anytime and let me worry about dinner so long as she doesn’t complain of can foods & fried stuff. But she couldn’t stand can foods so she chooses to cook. See? Hehehe.
Oh you must be kidding. Maternal instincts? Lordy you have no idea about society's labelling do you? You do realise that claiming women to be maternal and have such instincts is sexist don't you?

About limited options in the labor market, that is more biological in nature than anything else. For women by nature are physically weaker than men, have boobs that get in the way of work, have thinner skin, etc. Thus it is the women who shy away from jobs in the army, contact sports, fire & rescue, mining, etc. Right?
I actually pity your wife. It's not biological, it's society who deems women as being weak, thinned skin, boobs in way of work and such. It's not even worth discussing this with you, because from that reply it is obvious you have absolutely NO idea. That would have to be one of the most sexists things I've heard in a long time. I cannot believe you actually said that. You bitch about Muslim ideas of women but you can actually come out with that comment. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Bells said:
The purpose of the links I gave you were to provide you with a list of readings on the matter. If you expected me to give you a breakdown of each article or book, then you're sadly mistaken.
Then your arguments are still bull. Anyway thanks for the readings. :D

Bells said:
Oh you must be kidding. Maternal instincts? Lordy you have no idea about society's labelling do you? You do realise that claiming women to be maternal and have such instincts is sexist don't you?
Sexist? Says who? Just you? Big deal. You and your wild assertions.

Take it easy my dear. Don’t get emotional here. Don’t be too pessimistic of our not-too-perfect culture. At least it’s a way lot better than Islamic culture. And it is able to change for the best. Count your blessings.

Bells said:
I actually pity your wife. It's not biological, it's society who deems women as being weak, thinned skin, boobs in way of work and such. It's not even worth discussing this with you, because from that reply it is obvious you have absolutely NO idea. That would have to be one of the most sexists things I've heard in a long time. I cannot believe you actually said that. You bitch about Muslim ideas of women but you can actually come out with that comment. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
You just keep ranting. Why don’t you just point what I said that makes you pity my wife? Because she loves to cook & I don’t? For your information I clean the house. I take care of my daughter, waking up at night, changing diaphers, etc. I do the dishes half the time. I massage my wife every night. I hug and kiss her every day. I love her as much as I love myself. And Im so happy that I know shes happy with me. And im also a good provider. I strive to always please her in bed. So you see I have a life to envy.

What about you & your love life? You seem so depressed that you blame everybody else. You always look for something to blame in our society. Why cant you see how fortunate we are? Why cant you see we are fortunate to be non-muslims?

DoctorNO said:
What about you & your love life? You seem so depressed that you blame everybody else. You always look for something to blame in our society. Why cant you see how fortunate we are? Why cant you see we are fortunate to be non-muslims?
My love life concerns only myself and my other half. It's not really any of your business. No offence.:)

And as for my ermmm depression? LOL! Contrary to what you may believe, I'm not depressed.

And as for laying the blame? Ummm you're confusing my views with yours. You're the one blaming Islam here, not me.

Also I said “PHYSICALLY” weak. But women are just as strong, or even stronger, in everything else. They are equally intelligent, emotionally more stable, more sociable, and they make better fighter jet pilots.

Back