Faith, and taking a chance

I'll put my last post in far simpler terms:

THREADJACK OVER. I have no intention of responding further to muscleman, except in insults.

There now, everybody else can come back and play.

Better? :)

ThatJerk,

That comment was directed at muscleman. Every thread that he posts in he asks for proof of God. Then we give him proof and he denies and says that we never gave him any.

Im just giving you fair warning. Besides I thought I put him on my ignore list.

Muscleman,

Jesus just cried a little because of what you said. He died for YOUR sins and now your calling me a loser!? YOu should apoligize and pray to jesus for forgiveness. Pray you lowly christian, pray.

Whats the matter? You guys are so used to hearing lies and proof without claim all those years, a claim God is a myth and a fairy tale, now that you confronted me and told you the truth, you cant handle the truth. So you cover your ears then say to yourself "There is no proof of god!!" then ignore me. You take comfort and pleasure in proofless claim. Bunch of losers, and cowards. If u want to prove u aint a loser, then show me the so-called bible contradictions and show me proof that God is a myth ad both of those are your pathetic claims, BUT IF YOU CANNOT PROVE YOUR CLAIM, THEN SHUT YOUR HOLE AND GO BACK TO BEING AGNOSTIC AND START FROM SCRATCH ALL OVER AGAIN, RE-THINK YOUR LIFE AND WHAT HAPPENED, WHY ARE YOU AN ATHEIST...OK?

Muscleman jesus called he said for you to stop it. Your making him so sad. He told me to tell you that he died for YOUR sins. His tears are turning to blood.

Please pray for forgivness now.

That Jerk:
P.S. to Xev: make fun of him more. He royally pissed me off.

Who, Chosen? Meh, it's no real challenge. He's so insecure about women that having someone with a "feminine" nic insulting him probably makes him cry for hours each night. If you don't respond to him, he'll probably go back to www.mephisto-subliminal.com and try to learn how to get more girls by pretending NOT to be a pathetic loser.

Aah, that felt good. I need a real fight though.

Pray you lowly christian, pray.

Yes! Pray, fundie, pray! Pray for your salvation and our amusement!

Pray harder! Harder!

Yes! Pray, fundie, pray! Pray for your salvation and our amusement!

Pray harder! Harder!

And thats why I love grilled cheese.

I believe in satan because she is damn sexy... Those firm ample breasts... that nice round ass that you could just smack all night... I should of been a erotic fiction writer.:bugeye:

DAMN RIGHT! AVE SATANIS! Tears of blood - from your fallen domination
Tears of blood - see your creation burn down
Churches and crosses destroyed by fire
Fire that one day will embrace the earth
Crying and begging for help from your god
Your god does not exist!

Religious demise, extinction of lies
When you burn on the cross as my servant
I can't describe the sight I saw, the sight of mighty fire
No thing is more beautiful than fire

Firestorms embrace the holy earth
Christ burn! Make my deed complete
Heaven lost, this battle we have won
We have won!

Fire glow into his blessed creation
Make them blind by your beauty
Blind by the light

Heaven burn, ashes to the ground
The cross of Christ denied

Churches and crosses destroyed by fire
Fire that one day will embrace the earth
Crying and begging for help from your god
Your god does not exist!

Shotgun blast from my pipe is ripping the war-filled air
With tanks by my side we grind their empty skulls
In my target I can see tears from their eyes
Let the bullets caress the holy race

I spit on the cross...holy holocaust
I piss on your priest...Jesus is the holy target

Taking their lives, Jesus will die
As I'm pulling the trigger

Missiles toward the house of god, the house which soon is gone
The cross above is crushed and your god he wept
No time for blessings, run for your lives
And we will hunt you down

To the cross you are stuck!

My sight was landscapes filled with crossed holy ones...fire!

I spit on the cross...holy holocaust
I piss on your priest...Jesus is the holy target

Taking their lives, Jesus will die
As I'm pulling the trigger

You are down, down on your knees
For your believes of his fucking lies
Your existence will end
With your worthless comprehension

You blame us for being sinners
But the truth is that you are just too weak
To understand that you are

Too weak to make own rules
Too weak to follow your lust
Too weak to live by yourselves
Too weak to kill!

You live by the light of goodness in heaven
But we'll never follow you
We will show you the truth
You are just a legion of creeps

You are down, down on your knees
For your believes of his fucking lies
Your existence will end
With your worthless comprehension

You live by the light of goodness in heaven
But we'll never follow you
We will show you the truth
You are the biggest sinners of all!

Weak fucking sinners!

Enjoy, and beware the mackrel!

If Satan were Liz Hurley I'd sure as hell join her church; even the remotest chance of getting some of that booty is more than worth the, er, intellectual honesty thingy... yeah.

Losers...

Sorry boy-O, but we're tired of playing your retarded game.

Im just giving you fair warning. Besides I thought I put him on my ignore list.

Thanks for the warning, coffee, but I've already discovered that the hard way. That's why I gave up while I was still ahead here. :)

wow

Originally posted by ThatJerk
The Chosen.

Are you a flid, or just dropped? When the hell did I deny the Israelites EVERY EXISTED? When did I deny the Canaanites existed? Where, pray tell, do you draw these conclusions from?

Are you sure you understand literature? or, for that case, can you even READ?

I'm sorry, but your inept reading skills are egregious.

1) I asked you a question, "are you denying the Israelites ever existed?"
2) I did not explicitly make a statement (not question) about you, in other words, I did not assume at all.

I merely said there was little evidence that they had ever been in Egypt. There's a difference, friend.

I'm your friend now? Scroll down and look at those insults.

Evidently we have different literary standards. I'm not overcome with awe by the message they convey; ergo, this isn't terribly moving literature.

It's not just the message, it is the structure, organization, emphases, etc.

Save your pity for those who need it; I arrive at my conclusions through careful thought rather than pre-suppositions and knee-jerk responses.

Pity? What about it?

You have a prototypical brain. This puts you far ahead of many other Christians, congratulations.

Now you speak down on others. *Wow*

So Peter had delusions of grandeur about what Christ was supposed to be, what with God and the Divine Cavalry saving the day? Whoop-dee-shit. Ooh look, he saw the error of his ways. Sounds like any number of movies I've seen where somebody gets a reality check and changes their ways. It doesn't take a genius to write a story like that.

I never said the authors were geniuses, but I did say they are intelligent.

Um, ok. So how does that change the content of Deuteronomy?

I never said it did.

How many years of college did it take you to learn terms like 'structure' and 'emphasis'? The point of this post is to emphasise how silly the bible is; that doesn't make it a pretty bit of verse by any stretch. Granted there IS some nice poetry found in the bible, that often being a common feature in religious text, but it hardly has the monopoly on nice prose; neither is it the best nor the first. Run a google search for 'ancient greek authors' for an example of great literature from before the bible's time.

The Bible is silly at times, there is no denying that. And yes, Greek authors write great literature.

Chosen, the ability to use tried and true literary techniques does NOT make an author a genius.

You are assuming here. I never said any author was a genius.

Many authors these days write passably well using these same rules, even if they have no especial gift for writing, and many more really follow no such rules at all and create far better stuff. Don't mistake techincal prowess for genius; you're merely caught up in the whirl-wind of 'divine revelation'.

How do you know I am caught up in the "whirl-wind of divine revelation"?

or

are you just assuming?

You believe these texts to contain holy and beautiful truths so you instantly ascribe genius to the authors of said texts.

I ascribe genius to these authors? Your religious prejudice and hate blinds you, I pity you. All i have said was the Bible contains beautiful literature, so why don't you quote me saying "these texts contain holy and beautiful truths."?

Again with the assumptions.

Ah, the hypocrites are amusing. Just beautiful.

Hebrews 11:17 "By faith Abraham when he was tried, offered up Isaac, ... his only begotten son."

Did he have one son or two?

Galatians 4:22 "Abraham had two sons; the one by a bond-woman, and the other by a free woman."

It could be different authors. If you analyze Job, it was done by more than one author.

Micah 7:18 "He retaineth not his anger forever, because he delighteth in mercy."

God forgives and loves to show mercy. Or maybe not.

Matthew 25:46 "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment."

Once again, you cannot look at the Bible as done by one author, it is a conglomeration of different author's works.

Your opinion is different, but I consider certain stories in the Bible as "art." I don't let any prejudice overlook the value and beauty anything has.

:mad:
And why don't you read what I bloody write, rather than put words in my mouth for me? Deny that the Israelites existed, did I? You ignorant fool. You dare to lecture me about literature, and you can't even read a f*cking FORUM POST without missing a critical piece of f*cking information like that?

Wow, now the direct insults come rolling in. Beautiful :cool:

Get your goddamned head out of your f*cking ass next time you try responding to me, at least long enough to wipe the shit off your lashes so you can bloody see what I've f*cking WRITTEN. Repugnant and pathetic; talk about desperation, having to outright LIE about what I've f*cking said to make a point. I only have one thing to say:

DANCE FUNDIE, DANCE!

P.S. to Xev: make fun of him more. He royally pissed me off.

Amazing.

I have nothing else to say.

That's right, Chosen, squeal like a little bitch for our amusement. SQEEEEEAAAAL!

Xev, nice to see you again

Originally posted by Xev
That Jerk:

Who, Chosen? Meh, it's no real challenge. He's so insecure about women that having someone with a "feminine" nic insulting him probably makes him cry for hours each night. If you don't respond to him, he'll probably go back to www.mephisto-subliminal.com and try to learn how to get more girls by pretending NOT to be a pathetic loser.

Aah, that felt good. I need a real fight though.

It must feel good for you right? Since you have nothing else to do but insult the person, instead of the idea.

Talk about insecure, I don't need to insult others to make myself feel better. :)

Remember, essential here.

It must feel good for you right? Since you have nothing else to do but insult the person, instead of the idea.

Chosen, luv, you have no ideas and you're barely a person as it is. You're just a slave to the values you've been force-fed (like those geese that they make foi gras out of - no choice but to swallow the sweet, fattening stuff) and thus I have carte blanche to amuse myself watching you squeal.

So again:

SQEEEEAAAAAALLLL!

Peace

Originally posted by ThatJerk
UltiTruth:

I've never read a singular post by you; hell I didn't even know that there WAS an 'UltiTruth' on this board until now. Everything I wrote there was nothing more than what I've puzzled out in my mind.

ThatJerk:
Er... I thought you said "Why, I know the Truth"
Anyway, now you know the truth! :D

Shit, I thought I had a near monopoly on having a real macroscopic perspective. Guess I was wrong. :)

:eek: Two is company!

Chosen:
I appreciate the content in your posts but guess the depth goes to almost saying "I am right"! Fine with the structure, emphases and organization but we need to accept that the holes in the holy book are pretty glaring. We might overlook them (arguments of various authors etc.) but did you ever look at the depth, peace or beauty of say, Eastern or Greek philosophy? Do let us have a comparison if you have! Each has its merits. Calling somebody 'ignorant' may be harsh.
Nevertheless, I do see logic in what you say, only a bit off the orbit at times.
P.S.: I believe in God, the way I perceive

Well, did I cool some nerves? :)

So are you denying the Israelites ever existed? What about the Canaanites? If you live by such an ignorant standard, what meaning does "history" have for you?

Following this gem came this, after I called him for placing words in my mouth...

Are you sure you understand literature? or, for that case, can you even READ?

I'm sorry, but your inept reading skills are egregious.

1) I asked you a question, "are you denying the Israelites ever existed?"
2) I did not explicitly make a statement (not question) about you, in other words, I did not assume at all.

My 'inept reading skills' aren't being helped by your sub-par intelligence and tact. Why on earth would you ask such a thunderingly stupid question as "Do you deny the Israelites ever existed?"? Does anybody else find it pathetically amusing how he tries to backpedal after doing everything BUT accusing me of being thoroughly ignorant of history? Again I ask: are you a flid or did your mother drop you?

I'm your friend now? Scroll down and look at those insults.

It's called sarcasm. I find it useful when dealing with twits such as yourself. Dumbass.

It's not just the message, it is the structure, organization, emphases, etc.

And that means jackshit when discussing great literature. Why do you insist on calling the bible great literature for following these rules when any fool could do so?

Now you speak down on others. *Wow*

Yes, that means you aren't alone. Go cry on muscleman's shoulder.

I never said the authors were geniuses, but I did say they are intelligent.

Semantics. I used the word genius, you used the word intelligent. I meant exactly what you meant.

I never said it did.

You said:
Read, Job, the author(s) of Job speak out against Deuteronomy (orthodoxy).

So then, what WAS the point of that? That the bible is self-contradicting?

How do you know I am caught up in the "whirl-wind of divine revelation"?

or

are you just assuming?

Do you take the contents of the Gospels at face value? You seem quite enamoured with the WAY in which they were presented by their authors, and you evidently seem to like the messages they convey, so yeah I think it's safe to assume that you are programmed to believe in their divinity.

I ascribe genius to these authors? Your religious prejudice and hate blinds you, I pity you. All i have said was the Bible contains beautiful literature, so why don't you quote me saying "these texts contain holy and beautiful truths."?

(See above for semantic quibbling)
I alread told you, save your pity. You've been indoctrinated to believe that people who denounce the bible are hate-filled and prejudiced, which I find amusing since the bible seems to advocate hate and prejudice. Talk about a skillful spin-doctoring job.

So all you've said is "the bible contains beautiful literature", eh? You're right, you never actually said "these texts contain holy and beautiful truths"; that's evident enough. So do you then deny that you believe in the bible? How can you believe in the bible and NOT believe that it contains "holy and beautiful truths"? Do you see how I can come to that conclusion, knowing that you believe in the bible?

Ah, the hypocrites are amusing. Just beautiful.

My 'assumptions' were based on statements you made about the bible while taking into consideration the fact that you obviously believe in the bible as well as liking it as a literary piece. Deduction is different from assumption. Here's an assumption: you haven't been laid in a number of years, because you're certainly morally masturbating yourself a whole hell of a lot over here.

It could be different authors. If you analyze Job, it was done by more than one author.

But if the bible is God's revealed truth... then shouldn't they be getting the SAME truth from God? Or is it... *gasp*... that the bible was conceived by man alone, and these discrepancies are the result of different MEN with different takes on events?

Your opinion is different, but I consider certain stories in the Bible as "art." I don't let any prejudice overlook the value and beauty anything has.

I consider them as "art" as well. That doesn't mean they're GOOD art by any means, and that opinion has nothing to do with prejudice; I actually have read significant portions of the bible and have drawn conclusions from that, rather than from simply saying "God is a poop-head" like a rebelling 14 year old.

Wow, now the direct insults come rolling in. Beautiful

You really like it? You'll excuse me for reacting rather negatively for being accused of ignorance on the basis of you twisting my own words.

Backpedalling does nothing but make you look even worse, Chosen. Go back to praying that God will finally make girls like you; you'll certainly need all the help you can get if you have any of the same charm and originality you show here.

Sorry, notme. I know this is a heinous threadjack, but Chosen needs a grade-A moon-rock spanking.

Now squeel, Chosen... squeel like the bitch you are. I still need today's dose of funny.

Back