Exodus International apologizes to gays and then shuts down

No idea why you guys still respond to arauca. He's just looking for excuses to dump on homosexuality.

Maybe one day, with enough valid discussion, he will have a change of heart/mind.
Never know. :eek:

Patience and forgiveness? How very un-Jesuslike of you.

Har har

Many Christians are pacifists.
Matthew 5:44
Matthew 5:39

I don't care to spar over this as I have issues as well, with how the bible depicts a number of things, but I'm just saying...many identify themselves as Christian pacifists.

Har har

Many Christians are pacifists.
Matthew 5:44
Matthew 5:39

I don't care to spar over this as I have issues as well, with how the bible depicts a number of things, but I'm just saying...many identify themselves as Christian pacifists.

You don't care to spar because you can't defend your assertion that Jesus was meek and humble and good to everyone. I never questioned the notion that many Christians are pacifists.

Oh. that is very natural, proton attracts to electron Proton repels an other proton. It would be something wrong , if I would not like female, don't you think so ?
Lots of things are "wrong" with humans. People are born autistic like me, who don't like to be social. That isn't natural for a social ape. Why can't homosexuality simply be a natural variation? People are born asexual who aren't attracted to either sex. In any case, the Bible isn't a guide to what is good or natural. Was your wife a virgin when you married her?

No idea why you guys still respond to arauca. He's just looking for excuses to dump on homosexuality.

That means to me you are promoting homosexuality, you way of life . Don't i have the right to oppose your promotion ? Does you lifestyle promotion ads something beneficial to upbringing for future moral generation ?

That means to me you are promoting homosexuality, you way of life . Don't i have the right to oppose your promotion ? Does you lifestyle promotion ads something beneficial to upbringing for future moral generation ?
No one is promoting homosexuality here. We are promoting acceptance of homosexual people, because it's not a choice, and it doesn't hurt anyone. You are the one promoting immorality, since Biblical prohibitions mean that you must murder innocent gay people. Are you willing to do that, or are you a hypocrite?

You don't care to spar because you can't defend your assertion that Jesus was meek and humble and good to everyone. I never questioned the notion that many Christians are pacifists.

Then there is no disagreement; we agree that many identify themselves as Christian pacifists.
I didn't say he was good to everyone; perhaps a better statement would be that I feel Jesus was more of a pacifist, than not.
Your examples a few posts up, were too vague and for someone unaware of the NT, he/she might actually think Jesus said for example that the rich wont "go" to heaven. No, he said it would be difficult. And you need to put the whole thing in context, not prune out parts of passages to spin a viewpoint. :/

Just saying.

That means to me you are promoting homosexuality, you way of life .

No, just acceptance that not everyone is the same.

Don't i have the right to oppose your promotion ?

Only if there actually is a promotion. You can't oppose something that doesn't exist. (Well I guess you can try but it wouldn't make much sense.)

Does you lifestyle promotion ads something beneficial to upbringing for future moral generation ?

Tolerance of others is indeed something beneficial to future moral generations.

Hey arauca;

The main point of the OP is more that imagine taking your mindset and building an organization out of it. That's the problem. We are all human beings deserving of being treated with dignity and respect. There are numerous organizations that promote hatred and it all starts with just a seed of intolerance.

One question, arauca;

Often, people who aren't tolerant of homosexuality, feel that way because they fear that homosexuality will ...cause some grave adversity to society?

What do you think it might cause if "everyone" became suddenly tolerant of it?

I beg of you to not use the gay marriage card, as a reason. :eek:
Personally, that's a straw man to me.

One question, arauca;

Often, people who aren't tolerant of homosexuality, feel that way because they fear that homosexuality will ...cause some grave adversity to society?

Haven't you heard? Gays are the cause of ALL major disasters and tragedies these days. Here's a list of the top 10 Christians blame on us in one way or another:

http://www.advocate.com/politics/2012/10/31/10-disasters-gays-were-blamed-causing?page=full

John_Martin_-_Sodom_and_Gomorrah.jpg

Sodom and Gomorrah

Small steps indeed. When I was an avid christian teen wasting away my golden years highlighting my bible in map colors and repenting nightly of my sinful thoughts and deeds I was quite sure I was supposed to be just like Jesus. Humble, authorative, zealous, and grandiose about being the chosen son of God. Then I went to college and my world opened up. So much more to know and be interested in. And no longer this warped ideal of being something that no human was ever meant to be. I don't blame christians for being human. I blame christianity for putting into their heads that they are somehow superior and better than nonchristians. That they are "saved" and others are doomed to an eternity in hell simply for not believing like them. That is an insidious idea to put inside one's head. It's the source of alot of hate and prejudice in christians, especially the hatred and mistreatment of gay people. I'm glad the world is waking up to the reality of the sham that christianity is. With any luck such religions will be quaint artifacts of history by the year 2050.

You know, you should share your ideals more on here...this is powerful.
There are no apologies, or actions that will ever make up for the horrors done to groups of people that many christians have dubbed as not as worthy as them.
Growing up similar to you, but in a pretty conservative Catholic household...how can it be that I was not affected (infected) in this way? I remember the ''messages'' just not resonating with me...I didn't attend Catholic school, thankfully. But, I remember not hearing much in the way of a 'loving' message during Sunday's sermons, although it wasn't consistently that way. Somehow, this God of the Bible, whom everyone feared...also was the epitome of love? It seemed confusing as a kid. But, I knew how I liked being treated, and I knew that it seemed right to treat others that way. It seems simple, anyway...right?

How are so many convinced of thinking so poorly of their fellow men and women? It should be instinctive to treat others with kindness and dignity. I remember the Catholic Church teaching / preaching fear. The Bible, all the way through it...beginning to end...is all about fear. Fear always breeds contempt...and so on.

But, to that end, Jesus is the first person to be seen in the Bible, teaching the concept of love. You do read about love in the OT, but it's a mixed message cloaked in fear. Love of one's fellow man, was something that took root in the Gospels. It's such a striking shift from the OT. But, Jesus spoke about things that seemed to contradict the message of love, as well. But, at the risk of going off on a tangent, I'll leave that there.

I don't know, Magical. I think you might have to wait a bit beyond 2050...that's right around the corner. lol ;)

Last edited:
Hey arauca;

The main point of the OP is more that imagine taking your mindset and building an organization out of it. That's the problem. We are all human beings deserving of being treated with dignity and respect. There are numerous organizations that promote hatred and it all starts with just a seed of intolerance.

In the past I pointed about my brother in law , As a human I support him even he is homosexual , so please look at action of mine

One question, arauca;

I beg of you to not use the gay marriage card, as a reason. :eek:
Personally, that's a straw man to me.

Look you are LADY. My experience is bad I had a school friend for wile , until the guy reached for my testicles . I am not tolerant to that . I feel you cam mot be to friendly with them , because they have a desire . and the pray usually on young boys , and that is a corruption on future generation .

In the past I pointed about my brother in law , As a human I support him even he is homosexual , so please look at action of mine

I just went back to your original post in the thread about this, and interesting he is gay and has been ordained a priest. A 'dogma' of the Catechism of the Catholic Church is that homosexuality is 'intrinsically disordered,' but they also preach about tolerance and acceptance. How discrimination and treating homosexuals unjustly should be avoided, and shouldn't be tolerated. Even though the RCC seems to still believe that being gay is somehow a 'disorder,' the fact that they are 'coming around' as it relates to tolerance and acceptance for all indivduals, is a milestone. It honestly is. Not that they should be given a medal, but ...baby steps. It's progress, and that's a good thing. I haven't read the CCC in AGES...I just looked that up for the sake of this discussion, and can't believe it's wording homosexuality as 'intrinsically disordered.' Intrinsically disordered?

Are you Catholic, arauca?

Then there is no disagreement; we agree that many identify themselves as Christian pacifists.
I didn't say he was good to everyone; perhaps a better statement would be that I feel Jesus was more of a pacifist, than not.
Your examples a few posts up, were too vague and for someone unaware of the NT, he/she might actually think Jesus said for example that the rich wont "go" to heaven. No, he said it would be difficult. And you need to put the whole thing in context, not prune out parts of passages to spin a viewpoint. :/

Just saying.

No, he said they wouldn't go. When asked how difficult it would be, his answer was "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Which is the biblical equivalent of "when pigs fly," or, (though perhaps this is a bit on the nose) "when Hell freezes over." In other words, he's saying it's impossible. The full context of the parable is that Jesus implores the man to give his riches away and follow him.

For someone claiming to be "aware" of the NT, you don't seem to be very aware of it.

Just saying.

No, he said they wouldn't go. When asked how difficult it would be, his answer was "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Which is the biblical equivalent of "when pigs fly," or, (though perhaps this is a bit on the nose) "when Hell freezes over." In other words, he's saying it's impossible. The full context of the parable is that Jesus implores the man to give his riches away and follow him.

For someone claiming to be "aware" of the NT, you don't seem to be very aware of it.

Just saying.

He spoke often times in parables, and metaphors...perhaps, to encourage people to become less attached to worldly things. That passage deals with the man's heart, more than it does with the mere fact that he is wealthy. It was his heart that needed to change, and if that meant needing to sell his 'riches,' then that's what Jesus was encouraging.

I've read the NT, but it's not uncommon for people to derive different interpretations of virtually the same readings, from one another.

Back