Evidence that God is real

I would disagree there. Many people believe both creationism and evolution. They say things like "well, I believe in small scale evolution, of course. But not monkeys that evolve into people." Others believe that God created the Earth and "watched over" the creation of life but didn't get directly involved. Others believe that the theory of evolution is 100% correct, but abiogenesis (which evolution does not describe) was done by God. Others believe in intelligent design, which has its own wide range of interpretations.

If you said "young Earth creationism" vs "RNA-world abiogenesis" and "evolution" - then those might be close to being diametrically opposed. But there are few young Earth creationists, so it's not that inclusive of an approach.

I agree. For the argument I was just comparing two diametrically opposing views.

Well, with some gum-shoe investigation one could get to the truth. I wholeheartly agree, we may never find the truth but the truth is still there. That’s all I want established.
No. You are pursuing a philosophical argument. It won't get you anywhere on a science forum.

Show us evidence. Something we can scrutinize independently of your say-so.

No. You are pursuing a philosophical argument. It won't get you anywhere on a science forum.

Why is there so many people who refuse to accept that they are in a philosophy forum?

Stop making yourselves look fools.

Why is there so many people who refuse to accept that they are in a philosophy forum?

We all want to know what evidence there is that supports that we were created by God vs some other means. Yes? This quest can cut through science and philosophy. Both can be used to get to the bottom of the issue. Both are evidence streams that can be examined to reveal the most likely reason. We have concrete evidence and we have philosophy that can point in the direction.

We all want to know what evidence there is that supports that we were created by God vs some other means. Yes? This quest can cut through science and philosophy. Both can be used to get to the bottom of the issue. Both are evidence streams that can be examined to reveal the most likely reason. We have concrete evidence and we have philosophy that can point in the direction.
Evidence for which God/god(s)?

Evidence for which God/god(s)?

Well, so see which one, if any, are true.

Something
is responsible for our our creation. Some force, series of accidents, whatever is responsible. Whether we can know or not is not important at this point.

Is it a God, gods, seeded by aliens, undirected abiogenesis, or something completly different?

But something is behind it. No?

Whatever it is, it’s the truth for us.

But if we can’t agree on this there is no point discussing so called “evidence”.

We are not in a philosophy forum.

Regardless of your personal beliefs about the site, I am not obliged to abide by your judgement. It is my privilege to discuss - and require - evidence-based arguments.

This statement does not mean anything.

"Blue cheese" meet the criteria as well as anything else.

How so? Whatever “force” is behind life, it’s the truth for us all. Reality does not bend to every person whim and belief that flys around. Yes?

You are trying to control the process of analysis.
Present the evidence, then defend it.

No, I am trying to establish terms of reference, a framework, or foundation on which to view the evidence. Apples to apples and all that.

Last edited:
How so? Whatever “force” is behind life, it’s the truth for us. Reality does not bend to every person whim and belief that flys around. Yes?

No, I am trying to establish terms of reference, a framework, or foundation on which to view the evidence. Apples to apples and all that.
If you expect intelligence you've come to the wrong forum.

We are not in a philosophy forum.

Regardless of your personal beliefs about the site, I am not obliged to abide by your judgement. It is my privilege to discuss - and require - evidence-based arguments.

This site looks like a great space. You do have a philosophy and religion sub forum? If I am in the wrong spot, I will happily oblige and change rooms. Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
This statement does not mean anything.

"Blue cheese" meet the criteria as well as anything else.

You are trying to control the process of analysis.
Present the evidence, then defend it.

What are the chances of having two Jan's?

What are the chances of getting evidence?

What are the chances of the same wacky discussion going round and round in circles?

:)

Back