eternal hell awaits anyone who questions gods infinite love

Originally posted by Mr.Ant
well i believe that many people like you are being awaited down below by infinite pain, peace be with you
_____

This is such a perfect statement of the Christian arrogance that really ticks me off, I had to reply.

So, in YOUR religion, there's a place of "infinite pain" in my future?

And your idea of God is an all-powerful supernatural being who is going to inflict infinite pain on me?

And you're trying to sell me on the idea of becoming a Christian so I can avoid having God torture me? Hmm.

In the Old Testament,Isaiah 66:22-24, gives us a graphic description of this "world down below". (Yes, I noticed that you visualize hell as being a place below our feet. Very traditional view, but why?) Isaiah states:

“For their worm will not die and their fire will not be quenched; and they will be an abhorrence to all mankind”

Lesson #1: This imagery recalls a battlefield where

dead bodies were

left unburied to be consumed by worms (you can quibble, are they worms or maggots? Maybe William Peterson's character on CSI would know, but I don't)

or were burned.

To have one’s body be left unburied or burned was a great disgrace to any ancient culture, as it is to this day. (That's why the Romans left criminals on the cross to rot.)

To say that "the worm will not die and the fire will not be quenched" indicates the unrighteous will also exist in this state forever. The unbeliever’s body will never be extinguished by decay or fire in this hell, and they will forever be disgraced and loathsome to righteous.

Daniel 12:2 Daniel gives us further evidence as to the duration of the state of the wicked. Daniel uses the same Hebrew word (olam) to describe the future of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

“Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting (olam) life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting (olam) contempt.”

This creates a dilemma for many Christians: it means they won't go to heaven as soon as they die. They have to wait for Christ to return. Until then, they will sleep in the dust of the ground, even good Christians who will eventually receive a reward of eternal life.

While the word olam does not always have to mean eternal (Exodus 21:6), when used to describe God it always means eternal, everlasting, forever, etc. Olam is used in Ps. 90:2 to refer to the infinite duration of God, “even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.” (See also Ex. 3:15, Gen 21:33, 1 Kings 10:9, Ps. 104:31, 117:2, 119:142, 89:53, 135:13, Ex. 15:18, Isaiah 51:6, 8, 40:8.)32

In Matthew 25:46, the same word is used to describe the alternate destinies of the believer and unbeliever.

Matthew 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in His Glory, and all the holy angels with him, then He will sit on the throne of His Glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them...."

OK, can we agree this never happened? That all the nations of the world are gathered before the Son of Man sitting on a throne?

25:41 Then he will say to those on the left, "Depart from me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels..."

25:46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

So, that's the threat of Christianity,

Jesus will separate the righteous from the rest, and the rest will go away into everlasting punishment.

If olam refers to the eternality of God’s future being and glory, and olam describes the length of time we will spend with God after the resurrection, then the unbeliever will therefore also be resurrected to an eternal state of disgrace and contempt.

And the reason I think an End of the World cult in 60 Ad got all of these answers exactly right is... ????

Last edited:
well i beleive that many people like you are being awaited down below by infinet pain, peace be with you

You can scare people into religion, but can you convince them with logic? Please stop trying to scare me, it is already scary enough. All I am asking for is a good argument that is pro God. Not scare tactics. Be mature.

Originally posted by RileyWins
_____

(Yes, I noticed that you visualize hell as being a place below our feet. Very traditional view, but why?)

There is no why man. I think we should give asking why. No one seems to have an answere for that. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Myriad360
There is no why man. I think we should give up asking why. No one seems to have an answer for that. :rolleyes:

_______

Actually, the answers to the question "Why?" in religion are usually more interesting than the Theology.

Why do we think hell is below our feet?

Because we bury our dead in the ground?

Because Greek mythology had an Underworld?

Because the Underworld would be a dark place, cut off from the sun? We picture being dead as being in the dark.

Why?

Because our eyes don't work any more. The transmission of images from our eyes to our brains is a complex process and when we die, it stops.

So we know, instinctively, that when we die we'll be in the dark.

Exactly, Riley. I'd love to hop in a time machine and see what they were really talking about back then, becuase whomever wrote the bible really, really misunderstood what he was hearing.

Why is it, also, that in the Bible, the woman is formed from the man, when in real life, it's the other way around?

What about this "Kingdom of Heaven" is implied to be in outter space? The supernatural does not require direction, why would God? Why does he have to come from outter space? Hmm...Maybe the Railiens are right...

JD

well i beleive that many people like you are being awaited down below by infinet pain, peace be with you

You're kidding, right?

How on earth would you justify that?

Originally posted by okinrus
Hell is not on earth.

OK, that was almost funny. But not quite. Sorry.

I see no reason to believe that your "main" religions are any more credible than that of the prepubescent boy across the street practicing his own horny Satanic cult.

Nice try.

Holy Crap

Wow! A lot of people responded to this stupid post. Anyway, I just wanted to make it clear that I did not post this. It was by the user soundsystim01. he just posted it under my name...

Holy Crap

Wow! A lot of people responded to this stupid post. Anyway, I just wanted to make it clear that I did not post this. It was by the user soundsystim01. he just posted it under my name...

Originally posted by JDawg
Exactly, Riley. I'd love to hop in a time machine and see what they were really talking about back then, becuase whomever wrote the bible really, really misunderstood what he was hearing.

Why is it, also, that in the Bible, the woman is formed from the man, when in real life, it's the other way around?

JD

_____

Because they didn't know how sexual reproduction worked, at a molecular level, and how could they?

The Greeks thought that tiny human beings were present inside a man's sperm, and a woman only served as a vessel for feeding it, allowing it to grow.

No idea that DNA from both parents fused together to form a unique individual.

From Greek mythology:

Epimetheus
Epimetheus was a stupid Titan, whose name means "afterthought".

Metis
Metis was seduced by Zeus and became pregnant with Athena. Zeus became concerned over prophecies that her second child would replace Zeus. To avoid this Zeus ate her. It is said that she is the source for Zeus wisdom and that she still advises Zeus from his belly. It may seem odd for Metis to have been pregnant with Athena but, never mentioned as her mother. This is because the classic Greeks believed that children were generated solely from the fathers sperm. The women was thought to be nothing more than a vessel for the fetus to grow in. Since Metis was killed well before Athena's birth her role doesn't count.

How this impacts on the idea of a virgin birth:

If Augustus Caesar said God was his father, implied that he was a God, not half a God.

Many Biblical passages make more sense when read with this footnote.

Genesis 2:21
And Jehovah God causeth a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he sleepeth, and He taketh one of his ribs, and closeth up flesh in its stead.

Genesis 2:22
And Jehovah God buildeth up the rib which He hath taken out of the man into a woman, and bringeth her in unto the man;

Genesis 2:23
and the man saith, 'This [is] the [proper] step! bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh!' for this it is called Woman, for from a man hath this been taken;

In this (second) account, God didn't make the woman in the same way he made the man.

The woman was a by-product of the man's flesh.

What does that mean?

unbound.biola.edu

Last edited:
infinite???

if god's love is finite then HE has a possibility of maybe damning someone is someway someday.
But if god's love is INFINITE, there is by definition NO WAY that SHE can possibly damn anybody.
Of course Logical facilicy is what makes religion possible.

Back