Empirical Evidence of God

I don’t think there’s anything obvious about the ultimate nature or preconditions of our universe or gods. For all we know our universe could be a god’s left testicle or ovary.
Then you are arguing against what IS known about the universe. It is 13.7 billion years old and started as a rapid inflation. Thus the universe has not existed forever and was preceded by a causal condition which is the one distinctive property given to God, the sentient creator.
I don’t see the point in making a distinction between that which may become reality and reality itself. Reality is that which exists, regardless of its conditional form.
Your are missing the point. Potential is "That which MAY become reality". A latent ability, not yet reality.

IOW , while not all potential becomes reality, all reality was/is/will be preceded by potential......difference.

The word and it's implications is really underrated. Think about it.

Last edited:
Are you saying things only exist if you have hard evidence of there existence, and failing that they don't exist?
Failing hard evidence, there's no reason to think they exist. It's certainly possible for something to exist before hard evidence is found but until hard evidence is found, there's no excuse for believing.

To my knowledge no one has satisfactorily answered what created us. The individual partials that make up our bodies. If you can't answer that don't you dare say there is no God
Lack of support for a naturalistic theory doesn't support a supernatural one.

Also, atheists seldom say there is no God, just that there is no good reason to believe there is one.

Back