Empirical Evidence of God

Film School. Special Effects.

Bit low tech I think for his potential

Another option I thought would be gene technology to counter disease

I am in two minds about his dream to prove gods existence

Don't think he will succeed, so I am sad about such. But also I am NOT pleased because he failed

But it is his intelligence to use as he wishes and what I DO hope that he is not pestered to go into something simply to divert him from looking for god

:)

While looking for God he might find something worthwhile.

Agree

I doubt he will find as I mentioned a point where a marker can be placed with the tag line "Beyond this marker science has NO explanation and THE only answer is god AND why god is THE explanation is
1/.......2/....." for as many reasons as he finds

Also I doubt he will find science has a answer as to why god CANNOT exist

So while his work will undoubtedly produce offshoot results we will still be at the same place as we are now

Like I said before, you wouldn't be so desperate for closure.
Oh the matter is closed Jan I am only here to help you reach enlightenment and assist you manage the only conclusion you can arrive at which is its all made up by folk from the bronze age who did not know whwere the Sun went at night.
One day you will awake from your dream and realise you have been the victim of a con job and although you may find that initially difficult you will be proud that you have abandoned your unecessary indulgence in superstition.
You need to be convinced there is no God, because you cannot, like some other atheists, truly accept deep down, that is your position.
That alone should give some meaning of what is meant by God Is, as opposed to an atheist understanding of God exists, or not.
Yes we know Jan.
You have nothing but unsupported claims and that wont change soon I expect.
Anyways Jan have a great day I hope you are well.
Alex

To my knowledge no one has satisfactorily answered what created us. The individual partials that make up our bodies. If you can't answer that don't you dare say there is no God

To my knowledge no one has satisfactorily answered what created us. The individual partials that make up our bodies. If you can't answer that don't you dare say there is no God
Rational people don't say 'there is no God'; rational people know you can't prove a negative.
Rational people say 'I believe there is no God, but I can't know it.'
They also say 'It is very unlikely that there is a God - and no reason to suppose it, since it raises more questions than it answers.'

They also say 'It is very unlikely that there is a God - and no reason to suppose it, since it raises more questions than it answers.'
what is the reason for this conclusion? Because it seems to me that since we exist, since the universe exist there must be someone, something that created what exists. You would have to believe that if you believe in cause and effect

Because it seems to me that since we exist, since the universe exist there must be someone, something that created what exists. You would have to believe that if you believe in cause and effect
To logically conclude that things are the result of preexisting conditions, one would then have to ask what were the conditions that preceeded a proposed god? And why such conditions could not have excluded a god and resulted in our present universe?

To logically conclude that things are the result of preexisting conditions, one would then have to ask what were the conditions that preceeded a proposed god? And why such conditions could not have excluded a god and resulted in our present universe?
That is irrelevant. It does not matter what proceeded God. The point is that there is God

If you are arguing that the universe needed a creator, then to be logically consistent you also have to argue that a god needs a creator. What could have created such a god?
Are you saying the universe does not need a creator? That it sprang out by itself?

what is the reason for this conclusion? Because it seems to me that since we exist, since the universe exist there must be someone, something that created what exists. You would have to believe that if you believe in cause and effect

So why do so many religious people maintain god has no cause and has always existed?

And I would contend atheist and scientists DO have problems with pinning the Big Bang as a start marker and are open about not knowing what preceded the Big Bang

My problem with god is the one of such a god being sentient???

How does that work?

From where did this omnipitent being obtain any knowledge?

Knowledge, which if you buy the god idea, includes
  • How to create matter
  • Looking at itself to
  • Produce a living copy of itself and
  • (I am really stretching my thoughts here) having created a copy of itself Adam
  • then went on to create a new version so
  • the two can combine to
  • make further copies with minor differences
I was going to put minor upgrades but we know that is not always the case

Back