Does this happen a lot at your schools?

Cops say student attacked because of color
Police say alleged attacker called himself a racist
Rob McDonald
Staff writer
November 19, 2005

The alleged hate crime attack on a Lewis and Clark High School student came after his attacker said, "I want to beat up one of these white boys," according to the affidavit of probable cause filed by Spokane police.
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/local/story.asp?ID=102265

Warrant Issued For Mom Charged In Bus Attack

POSTED: 12:15 pm EST November 21, 2005
UPDATED: 3:03 pm EST November 21, 2005

A warrant was issued for the arrest of a Central Florida mom caught on tape beating a student on a school bus when she did not show up for court Monday, according to Local 6 News.

Rita Gooden, 39, was originally charged with felony attempted murder last year after investigators said she attacked and choked a 13-year-old girl on a Lake County school bus earlier this year.

Police said Rita Gooden (pictured, left) entered a bus out of Oak Park Middle School in March after her 12-year-old daughter and another girl got into a fight with another student.

Watch the video:
http://www.local6.com/news/5374155/detail.html

Another Sandalwood High School student has been arrested, and this boy was charged with a hate crime.

According to the arrest report, Jean Belizaire, 18, struck a 17-year-old girl in the back of the head with a rolled up package of papers with such force that she became dizzy and nauseous.

When questioned by police, Belizaire, who is black, admitted striking the girl because she was white.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/5006757/detail.html

J.B said:
When questioned by police, Belizaire, who is black, admitted striking the girl because she was white.

If a white boy had struck a black girl like that, we'd have race riots all over the country, with black leaders screaming "RACISM!" and demanding "justice".

As it is, the black man will get a light slap on the wrist and sent home ....because they authorities won't want to cause a race riot or screams of racism within the city/county government!

Baron Max

Baron Max:
But the way our laws are written and prosecuted, anyone who defended that girl would probably have been arrested. And if he/she were actually successful, he/she might well have been the ONLY one arrested! We, as a society, have created rules and laws which make it virtually criminal to help anyone or to actually defend oneself.
That sort of attitude is especially popular in schools. The schoolteachers and principal love to ingrain an 'attitude of submission' into their students' minds. "It's always wrong to fight, even in defense of yourself", and "If you're getting the shit beaten out of you, either ignore it or tell the teacher."

Maybe in middle school, but not at the high school I go to. This is evidenced by the fact that she was not given any severe punishment, as it was understood that she said it entirely out of immediate anger and stupidity, and that the kids who beat her were suspended until the end of the school year or expelled. The justice system at Ballard is more fair than wherever the fuck you went to, apparently.

Hapsburg:
This is evidenced by the fact that she was not given any severe punishment, as it was understood that she said it entirely out of immediate anger and stupidity, and that the kids who beat her were suspended until the end of the school year or expelled. The justice system at Ballard is more fair than wherever the fuck you went to, apparently.
Did the white girl fight back and cause injury? It doesn't sound like it. What she was involved in wasn't a FIGHT, it was a complete and utter beat up. Even at my school, you wouldn't get punished if you received an unprovoked ass beating. However, if you dared to punch back and actually GET INTO A FIGHT, and the teachers catch you FIGHTING (not getting an ass beating), then you are immediately suspended.

In fact, I remember one time very clearly. A bully picked a fight with me, and I gave him the smack down. He was on the ground bawling his eyes out. So 'naturally', I'm blamed for the fight, since I came out unscathed. Everyone knew what an aggressive little shit he was, but they punished me.

The answer to why teachers discourage standing up to bullies is quite obvious. They don't want students to get the idea that 'standing up to authority' is good. Stand up to child bullies one day, and the next you will stand up to adult bullies.

Last edited:
mountainhare said:
Did the white girl fight back and cause injury? It doesn't sound like it. What she was involved in wasn't a FIGHT, it was a complete and utter beat up. Even at my school, you wouldn't get punished if you received an unprovoked ass beating. However, if you dared to punch back and actually GET INTO A FIGHT, and the teachers catch you FIGHTING (not getting an ass beating), then you are immediately suspended.
She didn't really have a chance to fight back, and even if she did, do you think she would've been stupid enough to attempt to fight 10 kids? She may have blurted something stupid out of anger, but she wasn't that stupid.
Dunno what high school go to/went to. In here, we a different rule: those who provoke and start the fight are suspened or expelled. Those who are mere involved in a fight or just fight back are given detention or a 2-5 day suspension.

In fact, I remember one time very clearly. A bully picked a fight with me, and I gave him the smack down. He was on the ground bawling his eyes out. So 'naturally', I'm blamed for the fight, since I came out unscathed. Everyone knew what an aggressive little shit he was, but they punished me.
Well, I'm quite sorry for you, but you live in a different place, and thus the school and county rules are somewhat different.

The answer to why teachers discourage standing up to bullies is quite obvious. They don't want students to get the idea that 'standing up to authority' is good. Stand up to child bullies one day, and the next you will stand up to adult bullies.
Well, no shit, the schools are a subdivision of country, state, and national education boards, and thus an extention of the Northern Government. And, well, we all remember what happened when 11 states stood up against the greatest bully of them all, and got smacked down. The Billy Yank government doesn't want a repeat of that, and thus discourage standing up to oppression and tyranny.

Back