Does an avatar has big impact on how a person is perceived over the internet?

waits patiently for av to load... And it just happens to be the last graphic on the page ... :rolleyes: :p

So, just coincidence that it's blue then (in relation to your nick)?

Oh, right, the flash kind of takes a long time to load...but from my dial-up perspective, everything is slow. :D

Yup :) That's about as close as I can get to my favourite shade of blue, a casting of rich, powerful luminescent glow that shows up after sunset but before total darkness. :) It was one of the better pictures...the others were kind of boring, average, "meet-the-band" types. :rolleyes: :D

Well I think its unanimous, everyone likes their own avatar, how exciting.

Well, I'd think people would want to put something they liked/were proud of underneath their screennames... :)

Originally posted by %BlueSoulRobot%
That's about as close as I can get to my favourite shade of blue, a casting of rich, powerful luminescent glow that shows up after sunset but before total darkness. :)
There's a lot of (cool) shades of blue in that lil av, al;l packed in, but it's generally nice colours, I like it. :)

Originally posted by Firefly

There's a lot of (cool) shades of blue in that lil av, al;l packed in, but it's generally nice colours, I like it. :)

Thanks, Firefly! :) I like your avatar too! Very fiery, and it reminds me of either a tapestry, all those Celtic legends I used to read, or a swirling pool of magma. Or maybe I just like to say the word "magma". :D

Say, did you know a TV show's coming out in autumn, which has exactly the same title as your nickname? :) (I tend to notice these things, :D )

I stand before you completely naked.

Yikes.

Last edited:
ROTFL, think magma might be going a bit far, but thanks, makes me fell all the better. :p :)

And yeah, I heard about that show (though probably won't get it in the UK for ages) but that's not why I chose my nick, just ... thought it would fit in here (I lurked quite a bit before joining). :eek:

Hey, Bluesoul. That looks familiar. Is it Rammstein:D

It looks like Paul the monk dude

Anyway, I've decided I'm gonna have a new avatar every single day. So enjoy

ROTFL, think magma might be going a bit far, but thanks, makes me fell all the better. :p :)

No problem-o :)

Hey, Bluesoul. That looks familiar. Is it Rammstein:D

Unfortunately, no :( I've never listened to Rammstein before...The dude in my picture is Shavo Odadjian, bassist from System Of A Down. Perhaps you've heard of their songs? :) (Chop Suey!, Toxicity, Aerials)

It looks like Paul the monk dude

Yeah, probably because SOAD music has a heavy religious sound to it...It's scary the first time, because it sounds cultish, but it's an acquired taste. :D

And good luck with the "change-avatars-daily" endeavour! :D

It looks like Paul, ah, never mind

Not a big SOTD fan. Don't like 'em

I'm changing my Avatar now :p

You should start a thread, and say what you av is, otherwise I'm gonna have to pm you daily. :p

A thread about me....ummmmm

THATS SO CRAZY THAT IT MIGHT WORK:D

Originally posted by nroweatherman

I stand before you completely naked. I feel no need for such -- boushwah facades. In risk of being branded a revolutionary, I need to tell you I once thought like you guys & then saw the error of my ways.
All the avatar & signature do is establish a status of pecking order. After I realized I needed no such ornaments, I did away with it.
example: Say you are talking about an important topic like should crap be tolerated, and your signature says something entirely counter to your post. You are posting against yourself!
Not only that, people can't read your post because of the distractions of avatars & signatures. This subject has been studied in every possible way by me. For yours & your fellow members peace of mind go naked into the brave cool world of sciforum & procreate. :eek:

I don't think too many people are buying into your argument. I got some people to use avatars after reading this thread :D

Maybe after you get a cool avatar, your arguments will be more convincing.

you are bounded by your obsession to be free.

I like avatars, you don't. I don't write long posts about them, you do.

OK, it is not THAT long, but admit how you can go on and on about the importance of not having an avatar, having a thread where crap will be tolerated and...

But you are really fun to read and I don't mean to offend you at all.

nroweatherman,

Everyone is judged by their appearnces. It maybe shallow, but that is human nature. Avatars and style of writings are part of that internet appearnce. You do have an avatar no matter if you like it or not. In your case, it is blank.

If I could do that I'd be dangerous

Originally posted by A4Ever
Nroweatherman did it, and I think he did it on purpose.

What I meant to say was my scene was

CONTENT
OVER
STYLE

& if I am doing my job right there will be style in the content.:eek:

Back