Do You Believe in Science?

What is responsible for discoveries about nature and new technologies?

• God

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Science

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Both

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Don't know/don't want to answer

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Like you decided Mohammed is not a real person? :rolleyes:

You like to roll your eyes a lot, but you don't both to read posts before you do it. You are the epitome of ignorance.

The truth is, as is plain to anyone who had read my posts, that I don't know if Mohammed was real or not. The only assertion I've made is that Mohammed did not need to be real.

JDawg, if you look back on my postings, you'll find that I'm all for evolution, pick your epithets more carefully in the future, JDawg-san.

Q-I just don't believe it. There's no talking to you. How am I supposed to have a conversation with you when you deliberatly take a statement out of context. Scroll up, you imbecile.

Too bad you have to resort to lying to make your point, though.

Wah! He's lyin!

kettle, meet pot. pot, why are you calling him black?

Point out exactly where I lied. If not, tafftard.

I apologize Q. I'm just too lazy to do that kind of homework. I would like to point out you like to use absolutes in your statements. Never, and always make quick liars out of their users. Is a tafftard some kind of pie?

Then, how are we supposed to take you seriously when you make claims of your religion without knowing a damn thing about it?

Interesting. Q-if you go back a page, you'll find these word for word. Taking someone deliberately out of context is not lying?

As for my religion, I am intimately aware of my religion, it guides what I do, sometimes I fail to do what I imagine Jesus would have had me do, but he has forgiven my transgressions. I apologize for not being a better witness, but sometimes your desperate attempts at refutation annoy me.

You're still not listening. If the people in question do not take the Bible as the direct word of God and as the literal truth then they are not bound in the way you are saying.

Of course they are bound, it states so in the bible:

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

You are saying that a Christian must take the Bible literally and in no way can they decide that any portion was unduly influenced by the writers culture or personality or failure to understand.

That is irrelevant. The bible is the word of god, and you are commanded to obey by your god. This is incontrovertible.

You, an atheist, are taking the position that only fundamentalists/literalists are Christians.

You can call them whatever you want, but it is only those who follow the bible to the letter who will be granted salvation and a place beside their god, the rest will fry. This is written in the bible, blasphemer! :D

As for my religion, I am intimately aware of my religion, it guides what I do, sometimes I fail to do what I imagine Jesus would have had me do, but he has forgiven my transgressions.

Ah yes, the hypocrisy of forgiveness. What a farce. You do whatever you want and are "forgiven" for your transgressions. All a mass murdering despot has to do is recant on his deathbed, and all is forgiven. Forgiven, indeed.

I apologize for not being a better witness, but sometimes your desperate attempts at refutation annoy me.

They annoy you because you find yourself constantly having to contradict yourself.

Q,
OK. You do not have integrity.
You use the same foolish tautology the fundamentalists do because it suits your purposes.
This is neither rational nor valid.
You accuse me of lying about you and I find direct obvious quotes backing up what I claimed. No admission on your part.
You are like the fundamentalists you claim to fear.
You are transparent.
You cannot back up your claim.
You are on my ignore list.

Q,
OK. You do not have integrity.
You use the same foolish tautology the fundamentalists do because it suits your purposes.
This is neither rational nor valid.
You accuse me of lying about you and I find direct obvious quotes backing up what I claimed. No admission on your part.
You are like the fundamentalists you claim to fear.
You are transparent.
You cannot back up your claim.
You are on my ignore list.

:runaway:

Q, I wonder. Do you believe the things you say, or are you just trying to "stir the pot". I have never used ignore before, but you are under scrutiny. The things you say do not even attempt to be accurate anymore. Are you on some kind of sadly mentally incapacitating medication? To irritate Simon because of your obvious dishonesty to that point takes alot. I was thinking dude wouldn't say piss if you pissed on him. I guess you managed though. I'm not sure if there's a 'way to go' to be had. This is kind of like being around someone that has obviously shit themselves, but no one is close enough relation wise to point it out. Let me point it out, Q. You are really found wanting. It's a chore to talk to you because of your infantile capacity. Your arguments today have been exactly what I'd expect of a derisive preteen with a lexicon handy. You've lost your edge, maybe it's time to step back and rehone it, man.

Q, I wonder. Do you believe the things you say, or are you just trying to "stir the pot". I have never used ignore before, but you are under scrutiny. The things you say do not even attempt to be accurate anymore. Are you on some kind of sadly mentally incapacitating medication? To irritate Simon because of your obvious dishonesty to that point takes alot. I was thinking dude wouldn't say piss if you pissed on him. I guess you managed though. I'm not sure if there's a 'way to go' to be had. This is kind of like being around someone that has obviously shit themselves, but no one is close enough relation wise to point it out. Let me point it out, Q. You are really found wanting. It's a chore to talk to you because of your infantile capacity. Your arguments today have been exactly what I'd expect of a derisive preteen with a lexicon handy. You've lost your edge, maybe it's time to step back and rehone it, man.

Coming from someone who is mentally unstable, deluded by their cults doctrines and sits around all day doing fuck all, I would accept that as a compliment. :)

Get back on your meds, ham.

(Q) thats unbelievably low. wtf is the matter with you? :mad:

Don't worry Sam, I mean Ham, I shall defend you

/trips

wow, that button is tough to find.

<hugs Q> I know, I must have really struck a nerve buddy. I didn't mean to upset you so much. Once I find this button, maybe you should ignore me for a while, too, eh? A little cooling off period for us might be a good thing.

Do you believe that science is responsible for discoveries in nature and the development of technologies?

Or, do you believe gods are guiding people to make discoveries and develop technologies?

Science according to it's definition in the broadest sense, refers to any systematic knowledge or practice

Therefor it's not responsible for for anything. Humans are resposible for the discoveries and technological developments.

Secondly, belief is weakness of confidence in knowledge. It propperly describes the lack of information that manifest it'self in so many people in a supposedly knowledgeable societies.

Saquist-science def-I agree-humans are responsible for science-I agree belief is weakness of confidence in knowledge? hold on there Jethro. Before I leap to conclusions, could you expand on this some?

Back