Do we taste death when we die?

It is.
I once fell sleep lying on my back (in bed) with my arms over my head. I woke up and both my arms were asleep. It was all I could do to lift them, but I couldn't feel them.
When I got them vertical, I felt that I had accomplished enough; I could let gravity do the rest of the work. So when I let them go they fell like dead weights.
And I managed to sledge hammer myself right in the junk, my body folding up like a pro wrestler on the mat.
Ouch. When I wake up with dead arms it's usually just one, cut off blood flow. I have a friend who passed away a few years back, and he fell asleep on his arm drunk. His arm remained mainly numb, it never recovered.

"Saturday night Palsy"
is explained here

https://www.vox.com/2016/6/6/11854588/numb-arm-sleep

"
Someone who falls asleep on a limb is unlikely to do major damage to the nerves, Dyck says. But there are some cases when compressed nerves can become a greater problem.

One such case is called "Saturday night palsy," when a person falls asleep compressing a nerve while drunk. The alcohol impairs your body's ability to wake you up and protect your nerves."

Thanks for sharing.

I didn't "wake up", I was awake experiencing my house while this experience was happening.

The problem here is trying to explain a super natural event using natural explanations.

Yours is interesting none the less. Seeing Jesus? The Devil? sounds very disturbing. How losing your faith helped is interesting.

I'm glad you've seemingly overcame it.

EDIT: Actually do you still get it?
Yes I still get it. Twitching my toes and trying to move like a dolphin is how I get out of it.
It is not instant, I have to be patient.
Sometimes I feel a rush, adrenaline possibly, vagus nerve is in involved.
The exact mechanism I would have to look up.

Thanks for sharing.

I didn't "wake up"

EDIT: Actually do you still get it?

You can do both, your brain wakes up or it doesn't. Feeling like something is wrong and you need to get out OR you just need to wake up from wherever you are, which is not necessary in your home/bed.

Yes I still get it. Twitching my toes and trying to move like a dolphin is how I get out of it.
It is not instant, I have to be patient.
Sometimes I feel a rush, adrenaline possibly, vagus nerve is in involved.
The exact mechanism I would have to look up.
It could be a side effect of medication perhaps?

Doesn't sound healthy.

You can do both, your brain wakes up or it doesn't. Feeling like something is wrong and you need to get out OR you just need to wake up from wherever you are, which is not necessary in your home/bed.
Your experience sounds similar to my discomfort. But there were two of me. My unresponsive lump of meat and bones body, and my soul. They acted independently.

I had no way of twitching my toes, nothing.

After my left arm started to respond, the rest of my body started to respond, sounds identical to your experience in a way, but have you left your body during any of these experiences? What part of you is not frozen? You know the bit that inspires you to move your toes?

Anything unexplained was given a supernatural cause if you go back far enough.

This painting is from 1781.

The inability to take a proper breath was put down to devils sitting on your chest.

Nice!

I would of preferred if you had a stab at my questions to you.

My comment to James was more flippant, as there seems to be a distinct lack of original thought on sciforums these days.

I left my body, I could breath easily, I walked(or floated, in one experience) easily.

I'm still not sure if you even left your body?

I would of preferred if you had a stab at my questions to you.

My comment to James was more flippant, as there seems to be a distinct lack of original thought on sciforums these days.

I left my body, I could breath easily, I walked(or floated, in one experience) easily.

I'm still not sure if you even left your body?
What questions? You asked about medications? It is not that.
I have never seen myself lying there but I cannot remember every time it happened.

What questions? You asked about medications? It is not that.
I have never seen myself lying there but I cannot remember every time it happened.
I wondered if you left your body is all.

Doesn't seem like you did.

Good luck with this sleep paralysis condition.

Dave, what about the out of body experience whilst driving?
"I was down the South coast of England, driving at night. With no warning or reason I can think of, I was 200 ft above my car watching myself drive".

"I was down the South coast of England, driving at night. With no warning or reason I can think of, I was 200 ft above my car watching myself drive".
Very different foghorn. I had no discomfort re-entering my body.

Weird. If it starts to happen a lot I would get your Mrs to drive.
Science cannot explain a lot of things right now.
However, history has taught us that they do an ok job.
What questions are unanswered compared to 500 years ago? 200?
What explanations were offered prior to a scientific treatment?

Let's go basic. Disease is caused by? First century?
1600s?
1900s?
2023?

Back