Do atheists object to Halloween?

Why?

Registered Senior Member
It seems that Halloween has a pagan origin. Do non-believers object to the celebration?

Well, being a Christian, I can see why. Halloween is all about demons, ghosts, evil and other worldly beings. It's about the other side - not God's.

Well, doesn't celebrating Halloween seems inconsistent with the atheist's view that there are no supernatural forces?

No, Atheists shouldn't object to Halloween.
Even so, I still don't enjoy Halloween that much.
:wtf:

But they should object. If there are no demons, ghosts and other scary things, then isn't Halloween just a big farce?

Well, doesn't celebrating Halloween seems inconsistent with the atheist's view that there are no supernatural forces?
Well, To an atheist its all just fun and games. Celebrating Halloween doesn't mean you believe supernatural forces exist. Its just a celebration, a festival, perhaps one of fear, wonder, our mastery over such things. We have control over the things that go bump in the night, we control (or try to) our fears.

They allow Christians to celebrate their God so why not allow the witches their celebrations as well.

No.
Why on earth would a non-believer object to a religious fest ? Unless the fest includes burning witches of course :bugeye:

The witches should enjoy being burned. Afterall, it's just like where they're going.

But they should object. If there are no demons, ghosts and other scary things, then isn't Halloween just a big farce?

You are quite correct, and I am reluctant to celebrate Halloween for that reason. On the other hand, I like that it pisses off Christians, so I'm torn.

I thought your God was a tolarant one that preaces love, understanding and peace?

This is a common misunderstanding. God doesn't give a rats ass what you do to unbelievers, except convert them. If you don't because they wont listen, you can do whatever you want to them. Peace and love is reserved for believers.

Back