Do atheists have a God complex?

Do you wish other people shared your beliefs?

• Yes and I am an atheist

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No and I am an atheist

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Yes and I am a theist

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No and I am a theist

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Some other opinion (explain in post)

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
That is actually the kind of website I'd never click on.

Atheists are at animal level. Okay..okay..it's not a mystery that humans are part of the animal kingdom. Phew...and there I almost thought that I misread your post, alfa1.

Nope.

I notice how you shifted it from the insanity of a person, in these cases other posters you ad hommed, and the insanity of the belief. You are quite incorrect. There is no significant group of psychiatrists chomping at the bit to diagnose religious believers as insane.

Yet, religious believers are diagnosed to be insane. And, the insane are found to have a high degree of religious belief.

I am quite sure a significant number of psychiatrists consider religious belief delusional. But calling someone insane is quite different from saying that a belief of theirs is delusional.

Check the definition of insane if you're unsure of yourself.

Found an atheistic scientific institution older than a hundred years yet?

I addressed this ridiculous request in another thread, Sam. It really does only demonstrate your intellectual dishonesty.

Why just political talk? Why not ban all stimulation since we don't know which one will "fuck up" the minds of children? Let them grow up and decide which stimulation they prefer. Keep them isolated till they are 10 perhaps. Minus any potential brainwashing like language, school, learning, culture, religion, discipline, art, drama, dance or play. Lets leave it all to the children to pick and choose when they are old enought o decide for themselves. Lets not impose our choices on them.

It would appear the deluded haven't the concept of teaching and learning clearly understood and seem to believe indoctrination is teaching and learning.

Sam believes, like religion, children should be taught to believe there is only one culture, one discipline, one form of art, one form of drama, one form of dance or play, and that any other forms are to be treated as inferior and are to be rejected.

OFFERING children choices is very different than IMPOSING ones ideals, Sam. But, I doubt you'll ever understand that.

I calculated that 98% of population(people who are at the level of one of the first 3 chakras) are at animal level.

Here is somebody else who said almost the same thing(but he didn't said how many are at that level):

Joseph Campbell the wise American said about people at animal level:

Live on these three levels? Animals live on these three levels. Those are the levels of holding onto life, reproducing life, and winning. And this is what popular religions are concerned with: health, wealth and progeny. Winning the war, god send us rain for our crops, and all that sort of thing.

OFFERING children choices is very different than IMPOSING ones ideals

I agree. Don't teach them anything. Let them decide for themselves which language culture belief and society they want. Complete freedom of choice. No imposing your own biases.

I agree... babies should be left nude until they choose their own clothes :p

Peace be unto you ;)

A lie, that.

Lying to others does not promote peace. Hence, that would be another lie. :)

Wow... not only you can't follow a thread, you can't even comprehend a post!

Let me try again:

I quoted phlogistician who said this

"No I'm not. People who believe in God are insane. It's really that simple."

To which I responded that both Einstein and Newton were insane if what he said was true- that was sarcasm

I must say, you being an atheist doesn't automatically make you smart- I have a feeling that you are amongst the group of people who think their smart just because their atheist.:D

Peace be unto you ;)

Much of what you post is gibberish and I don't do gibberish well.

Let me try again:

I quoted phlogistician who said this

"No I'm not. People who believe in God are insane. It's really that simple."

To which I responded that both Einstein and Newton were insane if what he said was true- that was sarcasm

You're so clever. The problem is that when you end every post with 'peace be unto you' one can't tell when you're lying, when you're insulting or when you're just being ignorant.

Peace be unto you ;)

Up yours.

I must say, you being an atheist doesn't automatically make you smart- I have a feeling that you are amongst the group of people who think their smart just because their atheist.:D

Peace be unto you ;)

what makes her think she is smart is cause she can point out what is wrong with everyone elses posts...(and if your not a girl..man up!)

what makes her think she is smart is cause she can point out what is wrong with everyone elses posts...(and if your not a girl..man up!)

That is if she can understand what is 'wrong' about a post- that is if she can understand what the post say, which she clearly doesn't.

BTW (Q) is a girl?

Peace be unto you ;)

Back