Do atheists believe in survival of the fittest?

Survival of the fittest

• Big fish feed the little fish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh you don't have to go by any hardcore theist definitions.

Hence the open question: what does it mean to them?

Oh you don't have to go by any hardcore theist definitions.

Hence the open question: what does it mean to them?

You should avoid the bs and ask "what does the survival of the fittest mean to people", the answer to which is that it depends on their understanding of evolutionary theory.

You have no reason to assume that atheists and theists differ in some respect on this issue.

I have often wondered what sugar tastes like to a theist. Perhaps you could answer my question.

You should avoid the bs and ask "what does the survival of the fittest mean to people", the answer to which is that it depends on their understanding of evolutionary theory.

You have no reason to assume that atheists and theists differ in some respect on this issue.

I have often wondered what sugar tastes like to a theist. Perhaps you could answer my question.

The assumption is that most theists are creationists and not believers in evolution or evolution-related stuff anyway.

While most atheists with their massive forebrains automatically accept all scientific theories as fact. Hence, one can only hope to learn from the way they interpret ambiguous terms.

The assumption is that most theists are creationists and not believers in evolution or evolution-related stuff anyway.

While most atheists with their massive forebrains automatically accept all scientific theories as fact. Hence, one can only hope to learn from the way they interpret ambiguous terms.

Rather big assumptions on your part there..

Is that your assumption?

I was under the impression that creationists are a pretty small (but noisy and politically well connected) section of theists - confined mainly to those parts of the united sates where marrying your cousin is commonplace

Is that your assumption?

I was under the impression that creationists are a pretty small (but noisy and politically well connected) section of theists - confined mainly to those parts of the united sates where marrying your cousin is commonplace

You mean better advertised. Its legal to marry your cousin across Europe, Africa and Asia. The US is virtually alone in outlawing such marriages in some states. In fact, it was the Catholic church war against cousin marriages (sometimes upto the fourth cousin) which made it less common in European societies.

Last edited:

You do write some nonsense. You have no interest in learnig. You simply wish to have your bigotry re-inforced.

Again. you are making wild assumptions. The plain fact is that most people, whatever their religious persuasion, do not understand evolutionary theory. It is a subject which continues to be misunderstood despite the wealth of scholarly material available.

Your question still makes no sense.

You mean better advertised. Its legal to marry your cousin across Europe, Africa and Asia. The US is virtually alone in outlawing such marriages in some states. In fact, it was the Catholic church war against cousin marriages (sometimes upto the fourth cousin) which made it less common in European societies.

Dont care

I am interested to find out why you assume all theists are creationists

You do write some nonsense. You have no interest in learnig. You simply wish to have your bigotry re-inforced.

Again. you are making wild assumptions. The plain fact is that most people, whatever their religious persuasion, do not understand evolutionary theory. It is a subject which continues to be misunderstood despite the wealth of scholarly material available.

Your question still makes no sense.

Dont care

I am interested to find out why you assume all theists are creationists

Like I said I'm testing the theory. One needs assumptions to test any theory.

The question is pretty straightforward:what do atheists (assuming they do not believe in creationism or ID) think of the concept survival of the fittest? What does it mean to them?

Since most people are dogding the question, its hard to arrive at any conclusions.

The question is pretty straightforward:what do atheists (assuming they do not believe in creationism or ID) think of the concept survival of the fittest? What does it mean to them?

What it means to lots of other people as I have said. There is no distinction o be made except in terms of your agenda.

If I remember correctly, at one stage on this thread it was being suggested that the survival of the fittest had somethging to do with animals eating each other. I pointed out that this view is wrong.

However, if you continue to believe we are talking about animals eating each other, what do theists think about it ?

It has been answered many times over SAM.

What is this theory of yours ?
If you mean what I think you mean, it's barely an hypothesis.

If I remember correctly, at one stage on this thread it was being suggested that the survival of the fittest had somethging to do with animals eating each other. I pointed out that this view is wrong.

Okay, lets start with this.

Why can't survival of the fittest mean a stronger animal vs a weaker one?

Okay, lets start with this.

Why can't survival of the fittest mean a stronger animal vs a weaker one?

If we are discussing the phrase in the context of biological evolution, there is no reason to beleive that physical strength could not be the primary selection criteria for an individual species - however natural selection is more usually complex that this and it is equally likely that a multitude of other survival factors are at play.

If we are discussing the phrase in terms of human society, I don't think it applies at all, as even the most brutish and laissez faire of societies have at least some capacity to care for the weak/sick/poor/disabled members.

ps - I think you missed my questions to you from a previous post - please enlighten me:

what are your assumptions exactly?

Have they been proven to be correct?

How have they proven to be correct?

Back