Do Aliens Exist?

Do you have some evidence to support any of these hypotheses?

Well they all come from the same root, the notion of an Emulation. In essence I had been researching quantum theory originally as a hobby, I'd already considered building a physic's emulator so as to better understand physics, it wasn't until I posed something similar to John Wheeler in regards to the Universe being made from one element, a proverbial singularity that I started pulling certain hypothesises together.

Now don't get me wrong, I know some will be far fetch, it's not that it would never be technologically achievable, it's just that for given outcomes comes cost, since I can't finance anyone and no-one would bother financing me in regards to it for the lack of peer support, it's something that would risk dropping by the wayside.

I guess, If I could pull the evidence together, then yes there would be some evidence to support hypothesises however it would be rather difficult to write up.

Well they all come from the same root, the notion of an Emulation. In essence I had been researching quantum theory originally as a hobby, I'd already considered building a physic's emulator so as to better understand physics, it wasn't until I posed something similar to John Wheeler in regards to the Universe being made from one element, a proverbial singularity that I started pulling certain hypothesises together.

Now don't get me wrong, I know some will be far fetch, it's not that it would never be technologically achievable, it's just that for given outcomes comes cost, since I can't finance anyone and no-one would bother financing me in regards to it for the lack of peer support, it's something that would risk dropping by the wayside.

I guess, If I could pull the evidence together, then yes there would be some evidence to support hypothesises however it would be rather difficult to write up.

I have read the description (of Emulation) a few times, and I don't think I am getting it. If you don't mind, could you try re-wording it?

Perhaps provide some background for how you arrived at this hypothesis. It's possible of course, that I just don't have the candle-power to grasp it.

Because I don't understand, I also don't understand how it relates to 'aliens'.

I have thought about this, as so many of my generation have, and have always treated it as a very serious subject. It often seems as if we, as a species, are oblivious to the evidence in front of our faces.

My conclusions regarding alien life are based on the 'example of one'. And yes, I realize this contradicts the thinking of most people.

Observation tells me that when a species finds it's niche, evolution slows to a crawl. I use the example of sharks frequently. Essentially unchanged in 350 million years. All that time, and zero technology. Give them a few billion years more and they still won't have any.

They are one of the most successful species on the planet, as far as longevity goes, but they will likely never develop radio.

Homosapiens managed it in 200,000 years. Look at the millions of species that have existed in the last 3.5 billion years. Once again, many have been extremely successful. But they never got close to technology. This is no accident. They were lacking the right combination of brains and dexterity. Even species very close to ours never got to first base.

Why? Was it climate change? Food supply? Disease? Asteroids? Comets? No. All those things happened to homosapiens, too. Were the raw materials of earth any different? Again, no. They all had the same planet to work with as we did.

199,500 +/- years passed since we arrived. And only in the last 500 years, and only because of a tiny percentage of humans have we achieved the technological feats of today.

We have had philosophy for who knows how long. Some incredibly smart humans existed thousands and thousands of years ago. But they were not smart enough.

Clearly, just being homsapiens was not enough either. Otherwise, why didn't we accomplish radio in the first 2 or 3 or even 50 thousand years?

Logic, and observation tell me SETI has remained silent for good reason. Radio-capable species are few and far between in the Hubble volume. Millions of 'designs' may be great at living, and there are probably billions, if not trillions of different life forms in 'our' local universe. But they are incapable of advanced technology, and they will most likely always be incapable of it.

The evidence strongly suggests that we, our particular design, are likely the pinnacle of technologically advanced life in the Hubble volume. And if we happened once, we can happen again. Given all the real-estate that is known to exist, I don't doubt we have been repeated many times in the past, and will be repeated in the future.

I'm fairly confident that we have technologically advanced, radio-capable 'cousins' sprinkled around the Hv. And they look just like us.

Nobody on Jupiter has radio, do they? Or anywhere else in the solar system? Pretty broad range of conditions right here orbiting our sun. Everybody has had billions of years to evolve, right?

Yes, maybe there are some super-duper aliens out there. But I think it is very very unlikely.

Last edited:
Back