Do Aliens Exist?

The term "alien" would suggest that the subject would be found removed from the place of it's origin. As to say it's "not from here".

The issue of life on other planets would be a separate discussion perhaps.

*Do aliens exist?*

I happen to know for a fact that they do..

In my line of work, I deal with them on a daily basis..

I believe they do.

I strongly believe there is microbial life in many places. I am sure we will find evidence of this fairly soon.

However, if the question is, is there advanced alien/ET capable of interstellar travel, I would say probably but that is a much bigger bet to make.

Thanks for sharing. I believe they do exist. I would even go as far as to say there are advanced beings too.

The Universe is a BIG place.

But of course, it is just a belief. Nothing more.

Aliens do not exist.

We are the only life forms in the Universe.

But of course, it is just a belief. Nothing more.

I use evidence rather than belief.

as a man of science you know and it has been scientifically proven that if something happens one time its has happend again. so by scientific fact there is other life out there right?

but to the OP. I personally Do believe for a fact there is other life out there for this reason alone.. we recently put out a telescope satellite and scanned a 1cm 1foot or 1 meter portion of our sky we have found over 200 planets in that section alone..

the human race and all that we have seen is about equivalent to a single grain of sand on the 7mile beach and of that we have explored an area of about .000001% of that that being said if there is no other life out there. the universe in its vastness is a complete waste..

but i still stand by if it has happned once it will happen agian.. and in the universe our plannet is a baby. the universe is hundredreds of billions of years old so other life might be way more advanced/ older than us

I believe they do.

I strongly believe there is microbial life in many places. I am sure we will find evidence of this fairly soon.

However, if the question is, is there advanced alien/ET capable of interstellar travel, I would say probably but that is a much bigger bet to make.

i do believe they found the skeletons of microbial life on a rock somewhere in the recent past years

as a man of science you know and it has been scientifically proven that if something happens one time its has happend again. so by scientific fact there is other life out there right?

but to the OP. I personally Do believe for a fact there is other life out there for this reason alone.. we recently put out a telescope satellite and scanned a 1cm 1foot or 1 meter portion of our sky we have found over 200 planets in that section alone..

the human race and all that we have seen is about equivalent to a single grain of sand on the 7mile beach and of that we have explored an area of about .000001% of that that being said if there is no other life out there. the universe in its vastness is a complete waste..

but i still stand by if it has happned once it will happen agian.. and in the universe our plannet is a baby. the universe is hundredreds of billions of years old so other life might be way more advanced/ older than us
There is no credible evidence of advanced aliens (equivalent or superior) to us. If extraterrestial microbial life had been found(NASA has looked on Mars) , it would have made world-wide headlines. We have no idea how probable or improbable life is. There may be millions of inhabited planets. We may be alone. At the moment, there is no way to know. Here's a Wikipedia link (look at recent history):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life

Last edited:
Yes, here's one of them ...

cat2.jpg

*Do aliens exist?*

I happen to know for a fact that they do..

In my line of work, I deal with them on a daily basis..

Now you should remember to mention border patrol, or people might think you are a little off your rocker.

Just to save time (and repeating myself) here's some potential gems reposted:

A Manmade Universe
I'm pretty sure that we hold the answer to if alien civilizations exist and even where they would be in the universe, but my reasoning is down to the decision that we will have to make about our own universe. I guess you could say that I have a hypothesis that mankind could reach a point where it branches one of two directions, One direction is to add to the creation of the universe (Which would incidentally be becoming apart of creating a Singularity with some parallel universes) or we fob off the idea as being too star trek, ignore the possibilities that we could govern our own existence and be reduced to living out a "flat system" tangent.

Now you are probably wondering where this above hypothesis fits in with knowing if Alien Civilizations exist or where they are. Well that's down to the decisions we'd have to make if we are to truly play a role in the creation of our universe. I mean we could bring an alien race up to speed and bring them into the creation of the universe, this would secure their existence and make them equals with us, Or we could go with the absence of any aliens, making an entire universe devoid of life apart from this little blue-green planet we call home, or further still we could place "chaos" into the framework, a random potential for life to exist elsewhere in the universe. (This of course would be like playing a Sid Meiers game on "Deity", after all would we assume an Alien to be equal, would we fall to the foul stench of earth's history in regards to slavery, would we assume to be their superiors or indeed would they assume to be ours?)

There is also the prospect that if we build our universe, it's governed by our own observations. Physics itself is applied to the universe because of these observations. This means if there was an Alien Civilisation that build a universe too, they wouldn't necessarily build the same universe in which we exist, in fact their physics could follow completely different rules. (Mathematics could be somewhat different in another universe)...[link]

A Chaotic "Fluke" (or three)
For Aliens to exist you'd have to define that the whole universe came into being as a complete fluke, that the Energy to Matter conversion was also a fluke and the creation of life from what was originally inanimate materials was also a fluke. You've then got to apply that the latter fluke then has a flukey doppelgänger (or three) somewhere else in the universe to create an "alien race".

I'm pretty sure that the universe is going to be designed by man, for mankind, which will likely mean Aliens aren't part of the design. At least not in this universe, it doesn't mean that a completely flukey universe couldn't run in parallel to allow the generation of aliens, however you'd end up with the problem that their universe might be governed by completely different physics.[link]

Inhospitable Space
I doubt there is much life in the universe. To be honest there are many reasons for my argument:

Firstly, The universe is a COLD inhospitable place, in fact the universe has more space at absolute zero than it has stars output heating. While some might claim "but life can evolve to live in freezing conditions" you should take note that cellular operations slowdown when frozen or even suffer damage through ice crystals. If you suggest that life itself has a food-cycle in which plants and animals feature, you could imply that if the food-cycle itself is broken through the food not being sustainable due to freezing temperatures; life can not support itself.

Secondly, I'd class myself a futurist and have a reasoning that this whole universe that you see before you can actually be made by mankind over time. This means we'd get to decide what mathematics or algorithms were used for populating the universe and there would be very real discussion on how to handle "A potential Alien threat". You see if we make the universe we can decide on if aliens exist, and what technological level they are at compared to us, however this generates problems as it could create conflicts between them and us because there would be some that might attempt to apply classism or treat an alien race as slaves, or us for that matter that way.

Ideally creating a giant universe "Sandbox" without fear of having another "top of the food-chain predator" to contend with would give a number of countries military's peace of mind, however it would obviously completely undermine all the fruitcakes out there that think they are in contact with aliens.

And this is before pulling the "if they are out there why haven't we noticed them" arguments which I'm not going to bother with because they are old.[link]

Obviously, my conclusion is tainted with my own reasoning as to the What the Universe is and How it came about. By far though the most compelling point for me is the Chaotic "Fluke" (or three) quotation. After all for life to occur on planet earth based upon the current cosmological model (not my futurist brand) it took many different elements together to generate the right climate for life to form, it then had to survive and evolve, which is a feat in itself.

For life to exist elsewhere it too would have to undergo the same elemental conditioning, the same climate and the same "survival", which we might of only survived due to a fluke.

Now you should remember to mention border patrol, or people might think you are a little off your rocker.

I thought I did mention it...I obviously didn't..

Yeah, I'm with the Border Patrol.. I deal with terrestrial type aliens..

I'm probably still a bit off my rocker though.:D

I thought I did mention it...I obviously didn't..

Yeah, I'm with the Border Patrol.. I deal with terrestrial type aliens..

I'm probably still a bit off my rocker though.:D

To be honest, I'm actually pretty glad you guy's have moved on from probing all aliens and just hand out orange clipboards to "suspect aliens". The one problem with being apart of an alien herd when leaving your (aero)space craft, is when you get one of these clipboards and you don't know your way around. You lose your fellow alien herd heading towards the exit as you are redirected through a door that immediately locks behind you. You are then processed with a number of questions that try to pertain the nature of your visit (Are you here on holiday or business? Is all the information correct on your visa? Do you mutilate cattle?... Alright, they didn't ask that one or "Do you probe hillbillies?")

To be honest I think future trips to the USA, I'll make sure my hair is cut tidier rather than having near enough dreadlocks (I'm not sure if it was that or the invisibility cloaking device that got their attention.)

Again, the cloaking device is a joke, I wouldn't want one it would make me look a predator.

In seriousness, I did get "Orange boarded", it's not quiet the same as water-boarding and technically doesn't use oranges at all. Luckily for me they actually let me in to visit my father and have a holiday, for most of the other "aliens" trapped in limbo though, they were getting the turn around.

Back