Did the One True God Ever Talk to Polytheists

ultimate cause means what is the cause of the array of gods
for instance in the theogeny the cause of the greek pantheon is the "chos" (or void)
by ruminating on the nature of the chos, plato paved the way for the rejection of the greek pantheon and providing a philosophical system that in many ways is agreeable to monotheism
and on a further point, it was the lack of philosophy in the theogeny that inspired plato to move on to other things (if you ever go over it, you can see that the gods behave like teenagers with a host of unresolved anger issues)

(BTW - what makes you so sure that polytheism is the forerunner of monotheism and not the default position of monotheism that falls to the wayside?)

because that doesn't explain the cause of such gods

You have come up with this nonsense before. Plato was and remained a pantheist. I gave you references to his works but you seem to have ignored them. You have no respect for the truth.You will say anything to prove the existence of your non-existent god. Putting it politely, you are disingenuous.

Last edited:
If I say this world is caused by several gods, that has issues with logic

And God mentioning other gods is logical? If it is logical then according to your god there are more gods. God makes no distinction between the other gods, as to who possesses this power or that.

ultimate cause means what is the cause of the array of gods
for instance in the theogeny the cause of the greek pantheon is the "chos" (or void)
by ruminating on the nature of the chos, plato paved the way for the rejection of the greek pantheon and providing a philosophical system that in many ways is agreeable to monotheism
and on a further point, it was the lack of philosophy in the theogeny that inspired plato to move on to other things (if you ever go over it, you can see that the gods behave like teenagers with a host of unresolved anger issues)

(BTW - what makes you so sure that polytheism is the forerunner of monotheism and not the default position of monotheism that falls to the wayside?)

because that doesn't explain the cause of such gods

You have come up with this nonsense before. Plato was and remained a pantheist. I gave you references to his works but you seem to have ignored them. You have no respect for the truth.You will say anything to prove the existence of your non-existent god. Putting it politely, you are disingenuous.

careful
you might bust a vein
:splat:

And God mentioning other gods is logical? If it is logical then according to your god there are more gods. God makes no distinction between the other gods, as to who possesses this power or that.
as already mentioned that can be cleared up by linguistics
for instance if one ruler says there are other rulers, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are all on par in terms of potency

as already mentioned that can be cleared up by linguistics
for instance if one ruler says there are other rulers, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are all on par in terms of potency

Well. if your god was the most powerful what did he have to fear from other gods. ?

Good night all Before turning in , remember to check under the bed for malevolent gods,

some rulers are subjects of other rulers
some rulers are in contention with other rulers
some rulers have an absolute position that no other ruler can be equal or above
etc etc

But they are all rulers. Hate to repeat myself. I see you're still referring to them as rulers.

So all gods including #1 are gods? Does that include U.S. cargo? God is lumped in with U.S. cargo?
not necessarily
since we have had incredible tough going so far I have purposely kept the scenario simple
as I mentioned earlier in the piece, there is also the possibility of mistaken perception (eg - cargo cult and USA WW2 vehicles) as well as proper perception (something underneath god but above humans eg angels, etc)

Back