Did Jesus really exist?

Originally posted by HonChi
(i say this without having read all posts... i dont have time tonight im still in high school and its nearing my bed time)

M*W, theres your problem right there! YOU WERE RAISED CATHOLIC! catholics invented lies (and manipulation, what you call "peaceful persuasion"...).

No, HonChi, I wasn't raised Catholic. I was raised agnostic. In fact, my parents didn't particularly like Catholics for some reason. Perhaps, being the rebel I was, I was rebelling against their agnosticism. I CONVERTED to Catholicism when I was 22 with young children. Catholicism was like a hobby to me. I was into the ritual thing. I totally agree with you, HonChi, that the RCC lied, manipulated, etc., but I put the true blame on Saul of Tarsus and HIS followers and not on Jesus.

(i say this without having read all posts... i dont have time tonight im still in high school and its nearing my bed time)
I found high school to be a very biased place. Be prepared to find that many things they teach you are wrong.

M*W, theres your problem right there! YOU WERE RAISED CATHOLIC! catholics invented lies (and manipulation, what you call "peaceful persuasion"...).
No, not really. The Inquisition in full swing began after a long bloody war with the <a href="http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/gui-cathars.html">albigensians</a> Of course they taught ritual suicide by starving to death, killing of the unborn, and all sorts of corruptions. Now unless if you want to prove how the catholic church lied or invented lies, your allegations are lies.

When you mentioned corruptions, for a moment I thought you were referring to the church there ;)
The obvious contrast between the rich, decayed church at the time and these poor peple living quiet, ascetic lives was the real reason behind their extermination.

The Cathars promoted ritual suicide and murder of unborn babies? According to whom (besides their butchers, of course)?

People still argue on who Shakespeare was, but his past existance is a surety. So many religions and wars have been started because they knew of his existance. If people centuries ago would do such things in the name of a being that wasn't so far away from their era, I see no reason why we should doubt him.

Back