Death to Apostates (?)

Death to apostates?

• I am Christian or Jewish. Apostates should be killed.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I am Christian or Jewish. Apostates should not be killed.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • I am Muslim. Apostates should be killed.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I am Muslim. Apostates should not be killed.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I am a member of some other religion. Apostates from my religion should be killed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a member of some other religion. Apostates should not be killed.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I am non-religious. People who become religious should be killed.

• I am non-religious. People who become religious should not be killed.

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No opinion / don't want to vote / other (explained below)

• Total voters
If Dawkins was raised in an Anglican school, he is not a "real" atheist?

As a communist, Sam has a point here: yes, Stalin killed 20 million people (Or more probably a lot more). True. This is a huge failing of my system; and, as a communist, I understand that. Now, whether that's more or less people in "adjusted lives" is another question: could the religious holocausts of the past have been larger with access to industrialisation? Certainly. Bigger than Stalin's? Possibly. But on the absolute scale, political atheism has done more damage.

That does not, however mean that religious politics are any better. They haven't yet been given their chance at industrialized murder, unless one includes the Jewish Holocaust, the Armenian Holocaust and possibly the invasion of Bangladesh.

So Russia in the 1930s was the most advanced industrialised country? What about Italy (about 800,000) China (50 million)? Cambodia (2000000 )?

In fact, apart from the partition problems of Pakistan its mostly an atheist list

61,911,000 Murdered: The Soviet Gulag State
35,236,000 Murdered: The Communist Chinese Ant Hill
20,946,000 Murdered: The Nazi Genocide State
10,214,000 Murdered: The Depraved Nationalist Regime
5,964,000 Murdered: Japan's Savage Military
2,035,000 Murdered: The Khmer Rouge Hell State
1,883,000 Murdered: Turkey's Genocidal Purges
1,670,000 Murdered: The Vietnamese War State
1,585,000 Murdered: Poland's Ethnic Cleansing
1,503,000 Murdered: The Pakistani Cutthroat State
1,072,000 Murdered: Tito's Slaughterhouse

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE1.HTM

No, but they had access to the tools of industrialization. Firearms, fuel, factories and food redistribution.

And this is relevant because? I don't think it matters why, since he killed 20 million of them and holds the world record. Followed closely by Mao, Mussolini and Pol Pot. All atheists. Unless your argument is that its alright to kill people for non-religious reasons.

You're missing one vital point. Stalin did not kill 20 million people because he was an atheist and they, the victims, may or may not have been theists.

This is also true.

And...thankyou for the Hillary link. It was very funny.

So Russia in the 1930s was the most advanced industrialised country? What about Italy (about 800,000) China (50 million)? Cambodia (2000000 )?

In fact, apart from the partition problems of Pakistan its mostly an atheist list

61,911,000 Murdered: The Soviet Gulag State
35,236,000 Murdered: The Communist Chinese Ant Hill
20,946,000 Murdered: The Nazi Genocide State
10,214,000 Murdered: The Depraved Nationalist Regime
5,964,000 Murdered: Japan's Savage Military
2,035,000 Murdered: The Khmer Rouge Hell State
1,883,000 Murdered: Turkey's Genocidal Purges
1,670,000 Murdered: The Vietnamese War State
1,585,000 Murdered: Poland's Ethnic Cleansing
1,503,000 Murdered: The Pakistani Cutthroat State
1,072,000 Murdered: Tito's Slaughterhouse

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE1.HTM

The Armenian genocide was not "atheist". Nor was the Nazi genocide of the Jews.. Hitler was not an atheist but a believer in God.

I'm not a member of any organized religion but rather simply a disciple of Christ.

Yes, that is the cult of Christianity, which you are a cult member.

I abhor those atrocities as they never did have anything to do with God or Christ. Christ commanded us to *love* one another, not torture and murder one another.

After reading your posts, it's clear you don't know much about your own religion other than what's been included in your indoctrination. Most Christians are in the same boat as you.

The Bible does not teach 'Eternal damnation.' As I have explained several times, hell is the common grave of all mankind and not some torture chamber. In Hebrew the word for hell is Sheol and in Greek it is Hades. The contention that Jews 'don't believe in hell' as some here appear to think is erroneous. They simply know the correct meaning of the word, as I've just explained it. What they *don't* believe in is a place of eternal torture and neither do I.

That would be the King James Version. The New Testament (and Christian beliefs) describes hell as the place in which one suffers the consequences of sin and IS eternal.

The Bible does speak of an everlasting destruction in the 'Lake of Fire' and goes on to tell us that the 'Lake of Fire MEANS THE SECOND DEATH.' It's what happens to people who don't *wish* to live in God's Kingdom - they undergo a second death, an everlasting separation from God, and their state is oblivion since they simply cease to exist.

See Gehenna: 1 Kings 11:7, and 2 Kings 23:10

It's worthy of note that when this judgment is handed down, none of us will possess physical bodies but spiritual ones. All the fear-inspiring, gruesome depictions of people with physical bodies suffering in a place of eternal torment are tools that organized religion uses to keep people in line, so to speak. They are *not* Biblical representations but human tools intended to control the masses.

That is part and parcel with the Abrahamic religions, control of the masses, made by men.

We are to revere God, certainly, but the Bible itself says 'Perfect love casts out fear' and 'God *is* Love.' Fear-based worship isn't worship at all. If allegiance isn't based on love then it means nothing.

Regardless of the expression of one's faith, I believe that *all* actions (towards others) engaged in out of anything other than love mean nothing. YMMV - Jesse.

The Abrahamic god can be summed up thusly:

"a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sado-masochistic, capriciously malevolent bully".

In your opinion, Q. We interpret events differently, and have no desire to inflict harm on anyone else.

No it was the risen Jesus in Jerusalem

Acts 1
6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

The risen jesus was a trick. The disciples stuffed yeast up his arse. The heat of the sun did the rest.

How convenient that it is not for us to know...

Didn't Jesus/ god know the earth has no end ?

Evening Q!

You said 'Unfortunately, you were indoctrinated into one of the very same organized religions that caused many of those atrocities resulting in the deaths of millions of people. And you sit here now, promoting it. And all you can offer is a single choice, eternal damnation.

Surely, you can't be serious.'

I'm not a member of any organized religion but rather simply a disciple of Christ. I abhor those atrocities as they never did have anything to do with God or Christ. Christ commanded us to *love* one another, not torture and murder one another.

The Bible does not teach 'Eternal damnation.' As I have explained several times, hell is the common grave of all mankind and not some torture chamber. In Hebrew the word for hell is Sheol and in Greek it is Hades. The contention that Jews 'don't believe in hell' as some here appear to think is erroneous. They simply know the correct meaning of the word, as I've just explained it. What they *don't* believe in is a place of eternal torture and neither do I.

The Bible does speak of an everlasting destruction in the 'Lake of Fire' and goes on to tell us that the 'Lake of Fire MEANS THE SECOND DEATH.' It's what happens to people who don't *wish* to live in God's Kingdom - they undergo a second death, an everlasting separation from God, and their state is oblivion since they simply cease to exist.

It's worthy of note that when this judgment is handed down, none of us will possess physical bodies but spiritual ones. All the fear-inspiring, gruesome depictions of people with physical bodies suffering in a place of eternal torment are tools that organized religion uses to keep people in line, so to speak. They are *not* Biblical representations but human tools intended to control the masses.

We are to revere God, certainly, but the Bible itself says 'Perfect love casts out fear' and 'God *is* Love.' Fear-based worship isn't worship at all. If allegiance isn't based on love then it means nothing.

Regardless of the expression of one's faith, I believe that *all* actions (towards others) engaged in out of anything other than love mean nothing. YMMV - Jesse.

Why don't you get together with Adstar and have a chat about sin , the Lake of Fire and other such topics. I'm sure you'll get on like a house (or should that be Lake ) of fire.

If Dawkins was raised in an Anglican school, he is not a "real" atheist?

That's tangential, and proves your desperation Sam.

Stop beating the dead horse. Stalin did not kill anybody in the name of atheism.

Keep bleating on about it shows how few angles you have. Why you feel the need to try and prove something against atheism speak volumes however. It's the usual 'with us or against us' hate filled bile associated with religion.

Keep it up Sam, you are a glowing example of how religion poisons a mind.

You're missing one vital point. Stalin did not kill 20 million people because he was an atheist and they, the victims, may or may not have been theists.

Do you know that for sure?
And even if he did, what does that have to do with you and your
atheism, why seem compelled to defend it?

Jan.

Do you know that for sure?
And even if he did, what does that have to do with you and your
atheism, why seem compelled to defend it?

Jan.

Where have you been ? Stalin was an evil dictator who killed millions for political reasons. He was not interested in his victims' religious beliefs, if any.There is not a scrap of evidence to suggest otherwise.

Sam brings this up repeatedly ( see some of her other posts ) in a futile attempt to discredit atheism.

Where have you been ? Stalin was an evil dictator who killed millions for political reasons. He was not interested in his victims' religious beliefs, if any.There is not a scrap of evidence to suggest otherwise.

Sam brings this up repeatedly ( see some of her other posts ) in a futile attempt to discredit atheism.

What evidence is there to suggest that he didn't kill people because of his atheism, or that his motives were purely political?

Jan.

Medicine*Woman,

M*W: Actually, he killed some 50 million people but not because he was an atheist that made him do it. He killed people, because he was an
insane political despot. There's a difference.

How do you know what was going off in his head?
He could have just got the hump, and thought, f--k it, them theist mother f-----s, are gonna know who is god. How do you know that wasn't the case, expecially if, as you say, he was insane?

How is an atheist motivated to kill anyone?

Is that a trick question?

I can't imagine Stalin thinking, "I'm going to kill a bunch of people, because there is no god!" However, I can imagine him thinking, "I have the absolute power and control to kill anyone I don't like."

But yet you can imagine someone killing a bunch of people, because there is a god?

Jan.

That's tangential, and proves your desperation Sam.

Stop beating the dead horse. Stalin did not kill anybody in the name of atheism.

Keep bleating on about it shows how few angles you have. Why you feel the need to try and prove something against atheism speak volumes however. It's the usual 'with us or against us' hate filled bile associated with religion.

Keep it up Sam, you are a glowing example of how religion poisons a mind.

As Stalin was not a theist, he would kill for nonreligious reasons. Which he did. To an extent unsurpassed in modern times.

Back