Death penalty for child rape, in the US!

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
Oh, anti-CP people will have a seizure!:

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN1128546220080413

" The U.S. Supreme Court this week hears arguments about whether the death penalty can be imposed for child rape, taking up for the first time in more than 30 years whether a crime OTHER THAN murder can be punished by execution.
The nation's highest court has set arguments on Wednesday on whether the death penalty for the crime of raping a child represents unconstitutionally cruel and unusual punishment."
"The case involved an appeal by Patrick Kennedy of Louisiana, who was convicted of raping his 8-year-old stepdaughter and sentenced to death.
Of the more than 3,300 inmates on death row in America, Kennedy and another man convicted of child rape in Louisiana are the only two who did not commit murder."

"In 1977, the Supreme Court banned executions for rape in a case in which the victim was an adult woman but left open whether child rapists can be sentenced to death.
The Louisiana law was adopted in 1995. In its current version, rape can be punished by death when the victim was under 13 years of age.
At least four other states -- Montana, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas -- have similar laws."

Last edited:
Interesting, but more than a dozen states agree with me on:

".... 14 states and the federal government authorize the death penalty for various offenses other than murder, such as treason, espionage, kidnapping and aircraft hijacking."

Anti-CP though I am in principle, the thought of anyone raping a child puts me in such rage I feel they deserve to die...

If you can get the death penalty for kidnapping, you should get the death penalty for child rape.

I agree. IMO,They can't be reformed and fall in the "sick puppy" category. Sick puppies get put down. We need to send a message to these warped cowards. Touch our children and die.

What about the people saying "oh no! If they get death for hurting the child, they will kill the child. That way they won't have a witness to testify against them"

Who said it has to be or it was the topic of this thread?

P.S.: But since you asked: me sez....

Last edited:
If it became a death penalty offense, does that mean it can finally not have a statute of limitations on it?

Hm, that is a good question. Since it is already in the book in 5 states, I assume the answer is yes....

I'd be happy with the limitation being removed on it. I think some cases of child rape should be ruled attempted murder and given harsher punishments. I also think if the child is under a certain age, there can be no plea bargaining what so ever.
I flip flop on whether or not it should be a death penalty crime.

The implications of broadening the death penalty are very serious, we already dont have a perfect system (at all) and broadening the death penalty into other categories would mean more dead assholes yes, but also more dead non assholes.

Why is there a statute of limitations on rape?

I think there is on almost everything but murder and treason...

Maybe because back in the old times evidence was mostly by the raped and after a few years the testimony (memory) can not be trusted. (Although this doesn't stand if the raped knew the rapist...

Here is a list state by state:

http://blog.laborlawtalk.com/category/criminal-laws/criminal-statue-of-limitations-laws/

Wyoming has no statue of limitations for ANY crime. Wisconsin has no SOL for class A crimes. etc.

The implications of broadening the death penalty

We are not broadening. It was already in the books, it just hasn't been used often (enough)...

Last edited:
Ok, now these people have a perverse incentive to murder after they are done raping. I don't know about you, but if I had a child, and they were to have an encounter with someone like this, I'd rather my kid emerged as a live victim of sexual assault (as horrible as that would be), rather than a murder victim. Just my personal preference.

Bloodlust and myopia

Just another fit of bloodlust for the homicide advocates. Of course, one of the things this will do is thrust pedophilia into the psychological spotlight. Accused child rapists facing the death penalty will simply engage an insanity defense. Pretty soon, the bloodthirsty will have to decide whether or not raping a child is a sane act.

Interesting. Driving them out of the prisons and into the mental hospitals. All because you want to kill them.

This could get interesting.

Back