Dear Believers, prove your god or gods is/aren't just fiction(s).

Said like a totally blind from both person who think everybody is like him. He thinks this way purely in the basis that he can’t see therefore nobody else can see.
Uncanny. I was thinking the exact same thing about you.

The very reason you resort to calling everyone liars is exactly because you are incapable of imagining views that differ from your own. That's what makes you a cultie.

I'm perfectly happy living alongside believers. (Some of my closest and most respected loved ones are Theologians.)
Did you mean "theologian" or "theist"? There are atheist theologians, as being a believer is not a prerequisite for studying religion.

Trek:
You’re talking nonsense.
You have no idea of what would constitute evidence for God. That comes with being a real atheist.
It sounds like you, Trek, have an idea of what constitutes evidence for God. Maybe that comes with being a "real theist" (?)

Are you going to share your greater knowledge with us poor, floundering atheists, or not? And if not, why not?
The fact you are atheist means that for you there is no God.
No. This is a common mistake. While some atheists say there is no God, I think they are a small minority of all atheists. Most atheists - including most of the atheists on sciforums - say only that, so far, they have seen no evidence sufficient to convince them that there is a God.

That puts you in a great position. As somebody who clearly thinks he has seen sufficient evidence to convince himself that there is a God, who could be in a better position to share his experience and knowledge with the less fortunate?

Are you willing to share, Trek?
So no amount of evidence will convince you.
That doesn't follow at all, Trek.

To give you another example, I'm not currently convinced that there is a teapot in orbit around the planet Mars. But that doesn't imply that no amount of evidence could possibility convince me that there is, in fact, a teapot around Mars.

It's the same with God.

What puzzles me is why you, a devout theist who has the goods on God, wouldn't want to share his evidence with the rest of us.
But to use “there is no evidence” is just dishonest...
Only if the speaker is aware that there is evidence.

Is there evidence, Trek? If so, what is it?
Q Why don’t you believe in God
A There’s no evidence
Q How do you know there is no evidence
A Errrmmm!!!
For somebody who keeps accusing others of lying, you're not being entirely honest yourself, Trek. Either that or you don't really understand atheism very well. Now that I have explained it a bit more, is it making more sense to you?

It's not so much a matter of "there is no evidence". It's more a matter of "I haven't personally seen any evidence, so far."

If you've got the goods, I, for one, would like to see them, Trek. Will you share your evidence with me?

Let me have a wild guess. Does your evidence amount to "look at the trees!" ?

You are an unbeliever..
What do you know?
All you know is that there is no God.
Not know there is no God. Suspect, maybe. But we atheists have open minds (most of us). You can convince us with your evidence. Can't you?

Hint: most of us do know about more than just gods. How about you? Have you ever learned some science, or is yours more a solid diet of religious texts?

Because you’re an atheist
That’s all you can ever know
Is it possible for an atheist to become a theist, Trek?

Seem to me that people report "converting" from atheism to theism. That sort of goes against your thesis that atheists can't ever know there is a God, wouldn't you say? (You're not going to go all No True Scotsman on this, I hope.)
I call you a liar because you lied about wanting evidence. You can’t want evidence because you don’t know what evidence is required when asked.
You're not making much sense with that, I'm afraid, Trek. "You don't know what evidence is required when asked" does not, in any way, imply "You can't want evidence". Can you see that?

Maybe all the poor unfortunate atheists need is for you to tell us what evidence is required. Why not give it a try?

If I am wrong correct me
It’s that simple
I'm not so sure. Over a period of several years on this forum, I had discussions with another guy called Jan Ardena, a self-described "theist" who used to visit this forum regularly for quite a while. Like you, he was very insistent about being able to read the minds of atheists, but he invariably got things wrong even after repeated and careful correction. In the end, he sort of self-destructed and rage-quit the forum. I think that, in the end, he started questioning his own faith. Rather than trying to seek out the truth, he ran away from the challenges the atheists had put in his head. I think he probably went back to banging his drums and chanting near train stations, trying to encourage other people to join the Hari Krishnas. Which is all fine, if a little lacking in intellectual courage.

It's good to hear that you're open to being corrected when your wrong. I expect we won't see any more repeats of silly statements from you along the lines of "No amount of evidence will convince you" or "All you can ever know is that there is no God". Right?

Back