Dear Believers, prove your god or gods is/aren't just fiction(s).

I strongly believe that angels of the LORD and demons can materialise and become human.
That's fine. Other people believe the Earth is flat, or that democrats control the weather and aim hurricanes at red states.

However, there is no proof for any of the above - which on a science forum is sort of a big deal.

I didn't want it to be a red herring but it is I guess. I wrote something about free will on here, and how I believe atheists are meant to be atheists in many cases maybe all cases, like teeth aren't perfect because God wanted dentists.
The part about dentists sure makes sense as a way to teech a young lad the power of fear... especially since it was this 12 year olds first esperience wit a dentist.!!!

The street level steps in the dimly lit stairwell up to the dentist office was steep an about 2 stories high... an when at eye level wit the upper landing a near overpowering sinse of dread crept in as the black leather chair an drill could be seen in his office.!!!

I had been thar a week earlier for a check-up an he found a cavity that needed to be filled.
So he began to drill... an I thank the drill might have been powered by a foot peddle sinse the speed would vary from slow to slower.!!!

I told him I need a shot... but he kept sayin hes about done... an after asking for a shot a couple a more times he finally did get done... thank God... an started poikin in the silver.!!!

That was one of my strongest memories at 12 years old... that... an quitting the nasty habit of self-gratification.!!!

I guess I passed Gods tests cause he has been very good to me ever since :)

This has just become little more than a bashing thread (if it was ever anything else).

I have put in a request to moderation that, if contributors don't start behaving themselves, the thread be closed.

Good point. If free will exists in the realm of this universe, then I think it's random, or maybe runs in your family. It acts like any other gene.

I don't think belief in God makes you any different from a non believer.
Do you thank thers any advantages for those who have a God gene.???

Last edited:
That's fine. Other people believe the Earth is flat, or that democrats control the weather and aim hurricanes at red states.

However, there is no proof for any of the above - which on a science forum is sort of a big deal.
This is a philosophy/religion sub forum, so it's no big deal.

This is a philosophy/religion sub forum, so it's no big deal.
Rules which you agreed to upon signing up:

"As the forum developed, our interests broadened to include Philosophy and Ethics, Religion, World Events and Politics and other topics. However, we retain in all areas of debate an ethos of respect for the scientific method, which demands critical analysis, clear thinking and evidence-based argument.

The part about dentists sure makes sense as a way to teech a young lad the power of fear... especially since it was this 12 year olds first esperience wit a dentist.!!!

The street level steps in the dimly lit stairwell up to the dentist office was steep an about 2 stories high... an when at eye level wit the upper landing a near overpowering sinse of dread crept in as the black leather chair an drill could be seen in his office.!!!

I had been thar a week earlier for a check-up an he found a cavity that needed to be filled.
So he began to drill... an I thank the drill might have been powered by a foot peddle sinse the speed would vary from slow to slower.!!!

I told him I need a shot... but he kept sayin hes about done... an after asking for a shot a couple a more times he finally did get done... thank God... an started poikin in the silver.!!!

That was one of my strongest memories at 12 years old... that... an quitting the nasty habit of self-gratification.!!!

I guess I passed Gods tests cause he has been very good to me ever since :)
I remember when I had dental work at about 10-12 years old. The dentist used gas. I found myself looking like Flash Gordon(80s movie Flash) flying up a dark tunnel trying to get to light, when I got to the light I woke up. Pretty intense for a 12 year old just getting a filling or a tooth out.

Rules which you agreed to upon signing up:

"As the forum developed, our interests broadened to include Philosophy and Ethics, Religion, World Events and Politics and other topics. However, we retain in all areas of debate an ethos of respect for the scientific method, which demands critical analysis, clear thinking and evidence-based argument.

I'll let James R tell me if I've broken any rules.

I'll let James R tell me if I've broken any rules.
He did. By posting the rules for all to see, abide by and agree to. And as you see, the rule is pretty clear.

Aren't you the one who is demanding everyone pay attention to rules set down 2000 years ago? ;)

Otherwise, "I'll let God tell me if I've broken any rules." - and we're all in the clear, no harm, no foul. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Trek:
I don't disbelieve God, all I ask for is evidence. That's the lot of we flawed humans; we can't know truth, all we can do is look at the world we see and decide the most practical way to move forward in it.
You are lying.
You don’t want to accept that there is God.
That is what lies behind your atheism. Not a lack of evidence
What led you to the conclusion that DaveC was lying?

How do you know what DaveC wants to accept or wants not to accept? Do you have a magical window into DaveC's mind? Did your God tell you what DaveC wants to accept? Please explain how you know what you claim to know.

To me, it sounds like you prefer to believe that DaveC doesn't accept that there is a God because, for reasons you imply you know but which you haven't specified, he doesn't want to accept there is a God, rather than to take DaveC's statement at face value - that he doesn't accept there is a God because he hasn't seen sufficient evidence that there is a God.

Why should an unbiased reader go with your unsupported assertions about DaveC's hidden motives and desires, rather than with DaveC's straightforward statement of his own reasons?

On the face of it, your clams that DaveC has hidden motivations that you say you know about, without specifying what they are or how you know he has them, are very weak. Don't you agree?

Please explain.

Back