Darwin's Theory is False

Sarkus said:
That's not quite true - everything would still work - we would just all believe in magic, in miracles, in God, in fairies, elves, pixies, brownies etc as being the causes of everything.
By "it" I meant the products of science, like lightbulbs. There are people who seriously believe that the output of science is, so far from being objective, is entirely culturally biased. When a friend of mine would argue in this way, I would reach for the nearest light switch, flick it on and off and say, "I refute you thus."

Last edited:
Copy from the Internet;

Darwin deliberated about the Christian meaning of mortality and came to think that the religious instinct had evolved with society. With the death of his daughter Annie, Darwin lost all faith in a beneficent God and saw Christianity as futile. He continued to give support to the local church and help with parish work, but on Sundays would go for a walk while his family attended church.
In his later life, Darwin was frequently asked about his religious views. He went as far as saying that he did "not believe in the Bible as a divine revelation", but was always insistent that he was agnostic and had "never been an Atheist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin

-He was angry BELIEVER, not a stupid jerk.

-Life by Darwin's theory could not happened on this earth even in the craziest dreams. This earth is made by God, that's why ''evolution'' is so fast.

mars13 said:
heres definitive proof of evolution.

Only the strong survive.

its the fueling factor in evolution.

Nice, but wrong. Those who are best adapted have a higher chance of reproducing with success. No need to be strong. Sometimes to be weak gives an adaptive advantage.

Qorl is Qool! Qorl is Qool!
:p

Where'd you get your name, Qorl? Sounds like a gray matter! :D

spuriousmonkey said:
Nice, but wrong. Those who are best adapted have a higher chance of reproducing with success. No need to be strong. Sometimes to be weak gives an adaptive advantage.

If a weakness is an advantage, is that advantage not a strength? So wouldn't that be the same as saying the strong survive? Yea? Nay???

How's my "blindness" today, Spurious? How bout YOURS???

How ironic that a monkey with an eyepatch is an eye doctor! :eek:

I would say that you are careless with your wording which is a sin in science. Especially on a forum of amateurs who will grab any chance to discredit evolution.

Strong first association is that of physical strenght.

If you don't want me to correct you be more correct.

Isn't evolution more speculation based off of scientific logic? I mean, you can't reproduce macro evolution at all or at least to my knowledge you can't as this takes thousands and millions of years. Doesn't science more lay a groundwork as to how it could have happened given a large timeframe and what science knows of microevolution?

It seems pretty hard to say firmly that this and that is the way it was because when you talk about millions of years, you are talking about quite a bit of unknown variables.

spuriousmonkey said:
Of course scientists can reproduce macroevolution.
I wasn't aware of that. Do you have an instance or article I could see?

Quigly said:
It seems pretty hard to say firmly that this and that is the way it was because when you talk about millions of years, you are talking about quite a bit of unknown variables.
On that basis you would have us dispute plate tectonics and all the inter-related understanding of magma generation, vulcanicity, earthquakes, climatic variation, sedimentation, metamorphism, orogenesis, etc that have sprung from our awareness of plate tectonics. Should we do this? Shhould we abandon the paradigm that has revolutionised the Earth sciences in the last half century? Throw it out the window, simply because it is based on the logical projection of observed phenomena? That seems a foolis, and very unscientific approach to me.

Ophiolite, since plate tectonics and all other geological sciences similarly contradict Genesis, then the answer would appear to be "yes".

Dunno about online articles, but the creation of antennapedic fruitflies is reasonably well documented. Well, this is macromutation, really.... However, in the realm of viruses, the capability for macroevolution is assumed across the board and up to government policy level, since a specie of bird flu virus may well mutate into a new species which is transmissable from person to person.

Quigly said:
I wasn't aware of that. Do you have an instance or article I could see?

Of course:

'A gene network model accounting for development and evolution of mammalian teeth'
Isaac Salazar-Ciudad and Jukka Jernvall

PNAS 2002 vol. 99 No. 12, p8116–8120

Quigly said:
Isn't evolution more speculation based off of scientific logic? I mean, you can't reproduce macro evolution at all or at least to my knowledge you can't as this takes thousands and millions of years.

This seems to be one of the primary arguments that creationist nutters use in their public displays of attempting to discredit evolution as the fact that it is. I say "public" because they are patently unable to present their arguments in scholarly sources for peer-review. Their logic fails and their "science" is largely non-existent or wrong. Obviously one cannot reproduce evolutionary change on something like a mouse in the laboratory in such a way to demonstrate that gradual changes occur over time with environmental pressures. The project would need a funding source that lasted several million years and plenty of patience. Unfortunately, the ignorance of the religious fundamentalists who seek to discredit science because they fear the effect it will have on their faiths aren't willing to wait, and neither is any living scientist who would prefer to look at the forensic evidence.

And it's the forensic evidence that is abundant. The theory of evolution (that gradual changes in species occur over time due to pressures such as their environments), if true, implies certain predictions that we should be able to observe. We should be able to see evidence for gradual changes in morphology over time; we should see and ordered progression of change over time (i.e. no out of place fossils); we should see genetic evidence; etc.

To anyone who has studied geology, palynology, biology, chemistry, anthropology, anatomy, botany, etc., these points are clear. These predictions hold true. Moreover, there are literally thousands of examples of each. And not one of them has been falsified to date. There are no fossils of mice in the Cambrian. There are no fossils of hominids in the Jurassic. Comparative anatomy shows similarities that we would expect to see if there were a single common ancestor for a phylum. Flowers all have the same basic structures; mammals have the same numbers of carpals/tarsals in wrists & feet (sometimes in fins!).

And so on, and so on.

There is a massive body of evidence that supports the conclusion that life on this planet evolved over time. And nothing that contradicts it.

Evolution is a fact. It really happened.

Quigly said:

But the variables aren't that unknown. Certainly there are many, many things that are still unknown -I wouldnt' debate that point, but there is enough known to tell us what occurred with enough confidence to say: species on the planet evolved from a common ancestor gradually over time. The forensic evidence exists in the fossil and DNA records.

A criminalist need no actually murder someone in order to discover how a crime was committed or even by whom. He/she need only examine the forensic evidence, infer all possible hypotheses, then rule them out, one-by-one. If a murder weapon has a fingerprint in the blood of the victim, then that fingerprint was made after the victim began to bleed. If there are no data to suggest wounds earlier than the fatal one, then one can conclude the print was made by someone who handled the weapon shortly after the victim's blood was deposited. If the print is matched to another person, that person becomes a likely suspect. Then the investigators begin examining new hypotheses: that the suspect found the victim and moved the weopon; that the suspect held the weapon as it inflicted the wound; etc.

Science works the same way in examining evolution. Amazingly enough, religious fundamentalists are quick to dismiss science when they fear their precious doctrine is in trouble, but they have no problem agreeing with their conclusions when putting a murder suspect on death row. If creationists nutters were to somehow succeed in invalidating evolution in the eyes of the government, then every criminal ever convicted because of a forensic investigation should be freed: the same methods are at work.

Lemming3k said:
Have you been watching a tv programme called QI? Or did you know that?
i knew it, which is weird, because i read the economist and they had an article about it a while ago. whats QI?

Giambattista, thanks :p

My name is Karli or Karl. In my country people call me Korl so I changed K with Q. Probably Grays give me this idea, you know they speak with me telepathically. Tell me; do you believe that God is a scientists and not as non religious people see him?

Charles Darwin Quotations;

--"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change," he said.
-Did you people?

--"A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life," he once observed.
-People who suffer did.

-"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions," he said.
-Turned into a sort of machine? Explanation; his faith was made in heaven to do what he was doing, with telepathy. After all, he wrote that maybe God made him to do what he was doing. Darwin didn't tell anyone to believe in his theory, you just did.

== Ooh I got go, I live by the forest and a lots of Neanderthal Subspecies comes to my property at dawn. I feed them regularly ;)

spuriousmonkey said:
I would say that you are careless with your wording which is a sin in science. Especially on a forum of amateurs who will grab any chance to discredit evolution.

If you don't want me to correct you be more correct.

Are you actually referring to me??? :confused:

Nevertheless, careless in what way?

So you called me blind because I know there's more than one meaning to the word "strong"?
This came before my simple comment about weakness being a strength.

"Strong" meaning physical strength is merely YOUR first association with the word, but FIRST does not necessarily mean last and final (ah, evolution!). Don't correct me if I haven't made a mistake. And don't imply that I am hard of seeing, either, if this is all you can produce to back up that claim.
The German word for strong is "stark". Stark in English means something extreme, something that stands out, as in "stark contrast". However, this word traces back to Old English and further back to more ancient Germanic roots. English is not the same language it was a thousand years ago. Just because a word means one thing now doesn't mean it will retain that definition even a hundred years in the future.
How did I get the definition wrong? The perserverance of the STRONG does not simply mean those who are physically able to pick people up and throw them through walls (like Arnold).

sin in science
How does sin have anything to with science? Does "sin" have a scientific definition? Is this wrong a measurable quantity? Why are you confusing the objective with the subjective?

For someone so concerned about scientific sins (whatever those may be) that quote leaves something to be desired.
Is the first association STRONG, or did you mean to say that STRONG's first association is that of physical STRENGTH, not strenght.

Does that qualify as a sin? If so, is it mortal? :p

That was dumb, and I apologize, but it was irresistable!

That had nothing to do with evolution, I am well aware.

It was a silly attempt to get a response from a monkey. :p

Last edited:
Qorl said:
Giambattista, thanks :p

My name is Karli or Karl. In my country people call me Korl so I changed K with Q. Probably Grays give me this idea, you know they speak with me telepathically. Tell me; do you believe that God is a scientists and not as non religious people see him?

I can't really say!

Qorl said:
Charles Darwin Quotations;

--"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change," he said.
-Did you people?

--"A man who dares to waste an hour of life has not discovered the value of life," he once observed.
-People who suffer did.

-"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions," he said.
-Turned into a sort of machine? Explanation; his faith was made in heaven to do what he was doing, with telepathy. After all, he wrote that maybe God made him to do what he was doing. Darwin didn't tell anyone to believe in his theory, you just did.

Well, you must have a better understanding of Darwin than I do! I don't know much about the any of that that you quoted, so I can't comment, except that I find your usage of English just tad difficult to fully comprehend!

Qorl said:
== Ooh I got go, I live by the forest and a lots of Neanderthal Subspecies comes to my property at dawn. I feed them regularly ;)

That's very kind of you to do that for them! ;)

Giambattista

My take on Darwin's quotations is; he didn't understand who he is.

Darwin quotations and more, cool site:

http://www.dailycelebrations.com/021200.htm

This one is really interesting;
---I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions," he said.---

-God programmed him if you ask me. Watch a movie Paycheck or The 6th Day with Arnold to fully understand the power of God's. Of course here is a free will. Watch!

-Logical will be that Neanderthal or a cave man will still exist if Darwin was right. Did you see any cave man running around lately :eek:
Do you know why elephants have red eyes? :rolleyes:

Back