Dartmoor Beast Identified As New Species Of European Giant Hyrax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New PHOTO of Giant Hyrax! Photograph Of Dartmoor Beast

I have recieved an email from Duncan Rogers who kindly enclosed a photograph he took at 9.30pm on Saturday the 14th of June 2008. He walked up to Longaford Tor (OS grid reference SX 61558 77946) and took a photograph of what he presumed was the sun setting on Dartmoor. However, when he got home and downloaded the picture he noticed that not only had he captured the sunset but also what appeared to be a puma on the nearby southern outcrop of the tor. As can be seen below, at first the mystery figure is not obvious but the more the picture is enlarged the more the puma-like figure becomes clear, so my thanks to Duncan for allowing me to put the 'Beast of Longaford' on this page.

Check this out Baboon vs Hyrax

Here two pictures of a Puma to compare with your 'Hyrax':

cougar.jpg

mountain-lion-reports.jpg

Beast.gif

Why has the face in the photo pointed then? Also pumas don't squat on their hind legs and sit upright in a sentry position like a meercat! The ears are small and rounded whilst the puma's are pointed!! Are you blind!

Why has the face in the photo pointed then?
It is not pointed. It looks exactly like the Puma faces in the pictures I provided!

Also pumas don't squat on their hind legs and sit upright in a sentry position like a meercat!
So? It isn't doing that in the picture! It's sneaking up to something.

The ears are small and rounded whilst the puma's are pointed!!
Oh really? They look pretty much exactly the same as the ears on this Puma.
Puma ears are NOT pointy.

3724666893_dc17afde08.jpg

Are you blind!
No. You are. Or else you are either trolling or utterly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back