Creationist questions evolution

What is not open to correction? Define theism to help me understand your reality.
I am referring to mono-theistic scripture which has not changed for thousands of years.
Your theism is well documented and totally flawed as to scientific content. The bible is clear evidence, even as several popes have conceded that Darwinian evolution is fact. Yet no correction has been made in scripture to account for evolution and natural selection, rather than divine intervention.

Please understand that philosophically all scripture contains a certain amount of moral wisdom, but that wisdom is basically secular in nature to begin with.
A God is not required for moral behavior. In fact, throughout history gods have acted immorally, including the Abrahamic god.

Last edited:
What is open to correction?
I am referring to mono-theistic scripture which has not changed for thousands of years.
Your theism is well documented and totally flawed as to scientific content. The bible is clear evidence, even as several popes have conceded that Darwinian evolution is fact. Yet no correction has been made in scripture to account for evolution and natural selection, rather than divine intervention.

Please understand that philosophically all scripture contains a certain amount of moral wisdom, but that wisdom is basically secular in nature to begin with.
A God is not required for moral behavior. In fact, throughout history gods have acted immorally, including the Abrahamic god.

That's 3+ threads.

What is my theism?

I do believe in a God, and many gods. I don't want to have some man made title, so you call me what you want, even when it is not true.
I believe it's called polytheism.
OK, what qualities would you give your gods and why are there more than one? I ask this sincerely.
It's a very complicated subject and I aim for as much clarity as possible.

I know it isn't, check out the meaning of the word. I don't worship anything.

OK, what qualities would you give your gods and why are there more than one? I ask this sincerely.
It's a very complicated subject and I aim for as much clarity as possible.

Study, that's what I had to do. What is the point in sharing my opinion when I know virtually no one in this forum listens, they just argue and never change their viewpoint. If I do want to talk about it in the future, I'll find a relevant thread and type, or create one.

You believe but don't worship, ok.
Study, that's what I had to do. What is the point in sharing my opinion when I know virtually no one in this forum listens, they just argue and never change their viewpoint. If I do want to talk about it in the future, I'll find a relevant thread and type, or create one.
I see your point. Mostly, the problem is (speaking for myself), theists seldom have a clear understanding what it is they really believe in, other than some vague shadowy world inhabited by omnipotent entities with human flaws and foibles. They come in proselytizing and denying real science, but unable to even present a valid perspective of their own convictions. I'm sure you agree that does not allow for serious discussion.

But I respect your desire to not engage in a private matter. Happy New Year......:)

I do believe in a God, and many gods. I don't want to have some man made title, so you call me what you want, even when it is not true.
W4U said,
davewhite said,

This is an example of what I am talking about. You do not need to worship to be a polytheist, all you need is belief, and you have stipulated to that yourself and is an important perspective when discussing religious philosophies, IMO.

Why be defensive about the term? It begs the question.

I did indeed check out the meaning of the word and this is its definition:
Polytheism is a type of theism within theism, in contrasts with monotheism (the belief in a singular God), in most cases transcendent.
Polytheists do not always worship all the gods equally, but they can be henotheists, specializing in the worship of one particular deity. Other polytheists can be kathenotheists, worshipping different deities at different times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytheism

Interestingly, Pagans are polytheists.
Paganism is a term first used in the fourth century by early Christians for populations of the Roman Empire who practiced polytheism, either because they were increasingly rural and provincial relative to the Christian population or because they were not milites Christi (soldiers of Christ)

Alternate terms in Christian texts for the same group were hellene, gentile, and heathen.
Pagan and paganism were pejorative terms for the same polytheistic group, implying its inferiority. Paganism has broadly connoted the "religion of the peasantry", and for much of its history has been a derogatory term. Both during and after the Middle Ages, pagan was a pejorative term that was applied to any non-Abrahamic or unfamiliar religion, and the term presumed a belief in false god(s)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

This is an example of what I am talking about. You do not need to worship to be a polytheist, all you need is belief, and you have stipulated to that yourself and is an important perspective when discussing religious philosophies, IMO.

Why be defensive about the term? It begs the question.

I did indeed check out the meaning of the word and this is its definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytheism

Interestingly, Pagans are polytheists. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

What is the point of this post?

Do you question evolution?

I certainly question it because it provides all the answers as does most all science☺

Real answers, specific answers not like this wishy washy mystical religious stuff.

What I would like creationists to explain via their curious wisdom is why only a small fraction of life survives...what is it...the life around now is only 1% or 2 % of all life that has ever existed...maybe that is good evidence of creation proving that this creator just invents various life forms with out a care if they will continue....or you could get crazy and think that what we observe is a natural consequence of evolution.

Yes all you creationists please explain how extinction fits neatly with a perfect being in control of creation.

And the best support for evolution is how we are so similar to apes...any creationist can not ignore that we are just like them...it is easy to see that at some point humans and apes came from the same common ancestor. ..undeniable evidence for evolution.
Alex

Back