Creationist questions evolution

are the "reducibly complex" motors of the flagella

One could think that if we have things so complex as the intelligent design folk refer to, that complexity would suggest no intelligence could conceive it.☺
There is the case also to be found in asking the simple question "why would a mythical intelligent designer even bother with most of the creatues we observe?".
Never the less the complexity we observe pretty much means the designing would be well beyond any intelligence.

Alex

Ad hominem
You don't know what that means.
Remember when Magical Realist thought ad hominem meant just any criticism he didn't like?

davewhite: an ad hom is not merely any criticism or even insult; an ad hom is an attack upon the person making the argument as opposed to an attack on their argument.

"Your argument is dumb." <- not an ad hom
"How would you know; you never finished college." <- ad hom

Last edited:
I believe in God, always have and always will.No empirical evidence .... I admit I can't prove it.
Good! That's a clear statement of belief, something we don't see too often here.
I had the same reaction.

Refreshing to see someone to - not only have the courage of their convictions to take a stand for God - but also acknowledge that he can believe without being able to prove it (rare trait in a theist).

It would be interesting to rewind the 'Evidence for God' thread and see how dw4 handled it.

Last edited:
One could think that if we have things so complex as the intelligent design folk refer to, that complexity would suggest no intelligence could conceive it.☺
There is the case also to be found in asking the simple question "why would a mythical intelligent designer even bother with most of the creatues we observe?".
Never the less the complexity we observe pretty much means the designing would be well beyond any intelligence.

Alex
Oh, I've been waiting for that question!!! I believe, as photographer of the cosmos, you'll appreciate photography of the microworld. Do give these electron microscope photos a look. It is truly astounding.

and
and
and

I would suggest that only a completely implacable amoral process could possibly create such variety of nightmarish physical patterns.

Then to think that Noah collected at least one of the live specimen of each ........:eek:

Last edited:
Oh, I've been waiting for that question!!! I believe, as photographer of the cosmos, you'll appreciate photography of the microworld. Do give these electron microscope photos a look. It is truly astounding.

and
and
and

I would suggest that only a completely implacable amoral process could possibly create such variety of nightmarish physical patterns.

Then to think that Noah collected at least one of the live specimen of each ........:eek:

I would suggest looking at other ancient texts or in this case tablets, stone with a chisled language, far before the God if Israel. Summerian gods. We have thousands of these tablets(carbon dated) gathering dust. i wonder why...

I would suggest looking at other ancient texts or in this case tablets, stone with a chisled language, far before the God if Israel. Summerian gods. We have thousands of these tablets(carbon dated) gathering dust. i wonder why...
Why would texts that are ancient hold any more truth than texts that are not?

Did ancient people not get stuff wrong?
Did ancient people not embellish?
Did ancient not write fiction?

evolution God what do you want evidence?
Greater understanding of the evolutionary processes is correct. It is based on constantly growing evidence!

As Lewis Black said in response to that question; "See this?.............fossil!", and if they persist in asking; "I throw the fossil right over their head".

And as far as knowledge of the OT, again Lewis Black will chide any interpretation other than the Torah. Ok here is the "lecture". (warning crude language)

Last edited:
Exactly. So let us dispose of such ancient writings as reliable sources of truth.

Why? Do you want to be a robot?

Indeed. As above.

No. It was yes they are prone to mistake then the rest just makeup in your own language.

I've read a number of books that had the eruption of Krakatoa as a plot point. Does that mean they weren't fiction?

fiction within fiction?

I don't know what your beef is, but I'll answer these then that's that, I'm out of this unrelated to me thread, unless someone says something interesting.

Dave C said, I've read a number of books that had the eruption of Krakatoa as a plot point. Does that mean they weren't fiction?
fiction within fiction?
I believe there is some evidence of this event actually having happened.
The 1883 eruption of Krakatoa in the Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia) began in the afternoon of Sunday, 26 August 1883 (with origins as early as May of that year), and peaked in the late morning of Monday, 27 August when over 70% of the island and its surrounding archipelago were destroyed as it collapsed into a caldera.
The 1883 eruption was one of the deadliest and most destructive volcanic events in recorded history. At least 36,417 deaths are attributed to the eruption and the tsunamis it created. Significant additional effects were also felt around the world in the days and weeks after the volcano's eruption.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1883_eruption_of_Krakatoa
I'm out of this unrelated to me thread, unless someone says something interesting.
What is it you want to hear and are able to relate to. Confirmation of your speculations?

Last edited:
Then to think that Noah collected at least one of the live specimen of each ........
Noah was a myth because clearly no one could do what is attributed to him in the bible...the story came from the Summerians anyways.
Back them if someone had an idea it was copied...just look at all the human gods...I think there are at least 15 easily identifiable.
Why be a preacher when you can just be a god once you get the astrology right☺

Nice stuff with a micro scope I had seen much of it I must confess.

I would like to get a micro scope. I had one when a kid which drew incredible insults from other kids.
And I am reminded of my chemistry set how they would laugh and ask what was I cooking.
Happily unlike a lot of nerds I could smash their faces in so they were careful not to be too insulting.

However I am inclinded to think there was a flood that gave rise to the many flood myths.
About 11 thousand years ago a something from space hit causing an overnight rise in oceans of 30 feet and more over the following 12 months...the idea is seen as crack pot but recently a hole was found which may help the story.
I am following that stuff.
Alex

Noah was a myth because clearly no one could do what is attributed to him in the bible...the story came from the Summerians anyways.
Back them if someone had an idea it was copied...just look at all the human gods...I think there are at least 15 easily identifiable.
Why be a preacher when you can just be a god once you get the astrology right☺

Nice stuff with a micro scope I had seen much of it I must confess.

I would like to get a micro scope. I had one when a kid which drew incredible insults from other kids.
And I am reminded of my chemistry set how they would laugh and ask what was I cooking.
Happily unlike a lot of nerds I could smash their faces in so they were careful not to be too insulting.

However I am inclinded to think there was a flood that gave rise to the many flood myths.
About 11 thousand years ago a something from space hit causing an overnight rise in oceans of 30 feet and more over the following 12 months...the idea is seen as crack pot but recently a hole was found which may help the story.
I am following that stuff.
Alex

Prove that you are not God.

Jan caught my attention. Research him if you want to be more interesting.
I do plenty of research and I have the posts to prove it.
Why would I want to research Jan's posts? Are you suggesting he is a reliable source for evidence??

Back