Christians Need Some Logic....

TruthSeeker said:
Man tries to convert lions to Jesus, gets bitten

46 year old.... geeeezzzz. He should know better.... :eek:
It's sad Christians are so illogical.

"Science without Religion is lame. Religion without Science is blind."​
--Albert Einstein​

Perfectly logical, isn't it? Didn't Jesus say to preach the gospel to every creature? And didn't Paul say that the gospel had been proclaimed to every creature under heaven? A lion is a creature, isn't it? ;) People can think the ending of Mark is not genuine, which some do (and I personally do also), and I do highly doubt animals were meant to be included in the words "every creature", so I'll try to be fair.

Last edited:
anonymous2 said:
Perfectly logical, isn't it?
No.

Didn't Jesus say to preach the gospel to every creature?
No.

And didn't Paul say that the gospel had been proclaimed to every creature under heaven?
No.

A lion is a creature, isn't it? ;)
Yes.

People can think the ending of Mark is not genuine, which some do (and I personally do also), and I do highly doubt animals were meant to be included in the words "every creature", so I'll try to be fair.
The end of Mark has nothing to do with preaching Christianity to animals.

TruthSeeker said:

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Col 1:25 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

TruthSeeker said:
The end of Mark has nothing to do with preaching Christianity to animals.

I agree. But that doesn't change the fact that someone could get the idea that "every creature" means just that. That is what the verses say. You can say they actually mean something different than what they appear to say, and I in fact agree with you in that, but that doesn't change what they do appear to say.

So the guy who was trying to preach to the lion didn't get his idea out of thin air, did he?

Last edited:
anonymous2 said:
Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:15-16
"15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
16 "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. "

Two things here:
1) the word is "creation". And I think it depends a lot on the translation. We need to searcj the original greek text.
2) do animals "believe"? :eek:

Col 1:25 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
You got this quote wrong. Here is the right passage:
Col 1:21-23
"21 And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds,
22 yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach--
23 if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister. "

Animals have faith and free will?

I agree. But that doesn't change the fact that someone could get the idea that "every creature" means just that.
That's why I'm saying Christians need logic. I know what you are saying. I agree with you.

That is what the verses say. You can say they actually mean something different than what they appear to say, and I in fact agree with you in that, but that doesn't change what they do appear to say.
If you read in context there is no problem.

So the guy who was trying to preach to the lion didn't get his idea out of thin air, did he?
He certainly didn't. But if he was logical, he wouldn't have done that.

TruthSeeker said:
You got this quote wrong. Here is the right passage:

I pasted the verse from blueletterbible.com but I put in the verse number and I guess I got it wrong. I agree with you. He wasn't being very logical. Some, not all, allegedly Christian groups don't want to rely on "logic" though.. like people who supposedly handle snakes based on the ending of Mark. Those types of "Christians" give Christianity a bad name in my opinion.

anonymous2 said:

I agree. But that doesn't change the fact that someone could get the idea that "every creature" means just that. That is what the verses say. You can say they actually mean something different than what they appear to say, and I in fact agree with you in that, but that doesn't change what they do appear to say.

He didn't get it from that verse either. He put God to the test. He ran into the lion's den saying "Jesus will save me.". The man was tempting God to save Him. The man was lucky he was not killed. He should thank God he was not killed. It was a silly thing to do. I hope he has learnt his lesson.

peace

c20

c20H25N3o: The man was tempting God to save Him. The man was lucky he was not killed. He should thank God he was not killed. It was a silly thing to do. I hope he has learnt his lesson.
M*W: What about the snake handlers of Appalachia? These folks really believe that if they handle snakes and do not die from a venomous bite, they are saved!

Medicine Woman said:
c20H25N3o: The man was tempting God to save Him. The man was lucky he was not killed. He should thank God he was not killed. It was a silly thing to do. I hope he has learnt his lesson.
M*W: What about the snake handlers of Appalachia? These folks really believe that if they handle snakes and do not die from a venomous bite, they are saved!

They should just thank God when they dont die. This is all I say.

peace

c20

Mark 16:17: And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
18: they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."
true xians can do this c20, so the man should of had no problem.

you think he was testing your god. if he was testing it, he was clearly wrong about it being with him was'nt he.
deuteronomy 6:16 Do not test the Lord your God as you tested [Him] at Massah.( saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?)so if it was'nt with him, then is it any where else to be found.

Last edited:
Medicine Woman said:
People will believe any manner of insane things. The "snake handlers" base their practices upon this:

Mark 16:16 - 18 "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Which brings to mind an interesting test for anyone claiming to be a "believer".

;)

~Raithere

Sorry F451, you already got it.
I shouldn't have let my post sit so long before sumbitting it.

Seriously, Is there really anyone here who doesn't know the last paragraph of Mark (16:9-20) was added later?

Is there anyone here who doesn't know the NT was written in Greek so sometimes the English translation is not quite accurate (preaching to all creatures?!!) The word creature in Col 1:23 is from the Greek word Ktisis which literally means all creation or everything. To take this literally would mean that Paul preached to the rocks and to the trees and to the dirt. When I say everyone, I don't mean everything that can be counted by the number one - every tree, every rock - I simply mean all people who could be included. Paul is saying that everyone in their known world had heard (of) the Gospel.

fahrenheit 451 said:
Mark 16:17: And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
18: they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."
true xians can do this c20, so the man should of had no problem.

you think he was testing your god. if he was testing it, he was clearly wrong about it being with him was'nt he.
deuteronomy 6:16 Do not test the Lord your God as you tested [Him] at Massah.( saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?)so if it was'nt with him, then is it any where else to be found.
That's his point.

Newspapers said that the lions had been fed earlier in the day, otherwise the man might have been more seriously hurt ... or worse.

Jesus really saved the nut, otherwise the lions would have coverted him into their lunch.

1) the word is "creation". And I think it depends a lot on the translation. We need to searcj the original greek text.

Are lions not a part of 'creation', and thus just as important to preach to? I guess it's time christians started preaching to trees and flowers aswell.

2) do animals "believe"?

Of course they do, although you need to take that with faith. Still, if you can, prove to me that animals don't believe.

This is what you religious types like to spew on a regular basis is it not?

Back