Can blacks marry whites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athelwulf

Rest in peace Kurt...
Registered Senior Member
Just to be a little devil's advocate . . .

Someone explain why interracial marriage is not immoral.

I can think of some reasons why it is immoral, and I would like to see some responses.

Reason 1: It's unnatural
For our first reason, I'll use evolution as a basis for my argument.

One way evolution occurs (so I've heard) is when a certain species splits into separate mating groups, between which little mating occurs. They may be split by distance, by an obstacle such as a geological formation, or by when their mating seasons are.

The different human races (as I've heard) were once one race, but had been split by distance. They then went on their own evolutionary paths. The European humans lost some skin, eye, and hair pigment due to the fact that they simply didn't need it anymore. Some Aisian humans developed specially-shaped eyes that blocked out glare from the snow.

If we allowed members of different races to intermarry, we'd be disrupting the evolutionary process. This is unnatural. Therefore, one can conclude that interracial marriage is immoral.

Thus concludes Reason 1. Moving on now to Reason 2.

Reason 2: A child produced by an interracial marriage cannot develop a racial identity
I'll use psychology for this next reason.

If you look at pop culture, it's obvious that the different races are . . . different. The races have things with which only they can identify.

African-Americans, for example, have their own dialect of English, known to some as African-American Vernacular English, but more commonly known as Ebonics. They not only have this to identify with, but they lay claim to a genre of music. Most music artists who perform rap music are African-Americans.

Another example are the Hispanics. The majority of people that speak Spanish in the household are Hispanics. They have an entirely different language with which they can identify.

A child must be able to feel like they have an identity. Most children can, because they are born of parents who are the same race. They can confidently say "I'm [insert race here], and I'm proud of that."

Some children, however, are born of parents who are different races. They are biracial and aren't sure which one they really belong to. They may be rejected by social groups from both races in school. This is detrimental to a child's development. So therefore, two people of different races should not be allowed to have children.

Now that we're done with Reason 2, we're ready for Reason 3.

Reason 3: God separated them for a reason
I'll appeal to the religious with this reason.

Whenever God does something, He does it for a reason. He had a reason for creating the universe and the first humans. He had a reason for casting the first humans out of the Garden of Eden. He had a reason for writing the Ten Commandments which we all must follow. He had a reason for sending us His Son to become our Lord and Savior.

God has placed the different races of the world in different places. He has a reason for having the races separate. He obviously didn't want the races mixed in the first place. Therefore, we cannot allow them to mix. It goes against God's will.

Thus ends my argument.

Please give me yer thoughts on these reasons, and on the matter. Thanks in advance.

(In case there's any confusion, I don't actually believe interracial marriage is immoral. Like I said earlier, I'm just being a little devil's advocate here.)

— Peace, Love, Health, and Happiness to all! Âðelwulf.

Evolution is not written in stone. If previously isolated population become interbreeding populations again then that is perfectly natural. It happens all the time.

Racial identity is bullshit. My sister's children are the 'unnatural' result of an interbreeding. They don't need an race indentity. They are fully aware that they are not white and that doesn't bother them the least. They don't give a shit about it. They have a cultural identity. They are typical for the region of holland where they grew up and the particular city and the particular family.

You can't use god as an argument if you use evolution as an argument too.

Possibly you just have to admit you are just a plain racist and you should try to seek some counceling.

spuriousmonkey said:
Evolution is not written in stone. If previously isolated population become interbreeding populations again then that is perfectly natural. It happens all the time.

Good point.

spuriousmonkey said:
Racial identity is bullshit. My sister's children are the 'unnatural' result of an interbreeding. They don't need an race indentity.

Thank you for providing a launching board for how I connect this issue with another. :)

spuriousmonkey said:
You can't use god as an argument if you use evolution as an argument too.

Not necessarily. The Bible isn't as anti-evolutionary as people think.

Even if it were, I used both those examples to make both the scientific and the religious groups equally able to contribute their thoughts to the thread. Also, I knew that the religious would debate the very validity of evolution, and the scientific the validity of religion, if I had only argued for one of them.

Just making everyone happy . . . Ya know?

spuriousmonkey said:
Possibly you just have to admit you are just a plain racist and you should try to seek some counceling.

You didn't read all of my post, did ya?

Just to be a little devil's advocate . . .
[ . . . ]
(In case there's any confusion, I don't actually believe interracial marriage is immoral. Like I said earlier, I'm just being a little devil's advocate here.)

There's a purpose behind my thread. I'm just withholding that purpose to see where the thread will go if the posters are ignorant of it.

the premise is the evil shit. always check the premise you are stuck on. ie.,, 'if GOG did xyz in so and so' then why etc. do you see, you have accepted a crap belief to BEGIN with and from THERe try and reason
this is what of the scientist people do. their premise is that we are biochemical machines...and from there make a godawful fukin shittin mess of everything

rather start with the premise of THIS IS REAL LIFE HERE WE ARE DEALING WITH. REAL PEOPLE, AND REAL PEOPLES FEELINGS, AND IF I AM AN IGNOREANT SO AND SO WITH DAFT UNPROVEN PREMISES COMING FROM A DAFT IRRATIONAL THINKY THUNKY MIND, THEN I CAM GONNA FURTHER ALL THE CONFUSION AND VIOLENCE AROUND ME. EVEN A NASTY LOOK AT A MIXED RACE PERSON WILL CREATE FURTHER BAD VIBES....stuff like that

i am so-called mixed race, and am one of the luvliest people whove ever lived. honest

duendy said:
i am so-called mixed race, and am one of the luvliest people whove ever lived. honest
Well, if there were any questions about athelwulf's reason #2, that pretty much poops on #2.

Athelulf,

So what would you say to someone who says that its immoral/unethical (lets not confuse the terms..) to marry outside of your immediate family?

Us halfbreeds are just as messed up as them. And you might as well say that its unethical to preserve lines of genetic disease in the purebreeds.

But I'll give you some refutation: Hybrid vigor- when two distant members of the same species produce offspring, they will (often) share some of the strongest traits of both parents. Set aside your prejudice, and imagine the culture and genes of an asian and Jew colliding.

I've had great fun breeding tomato plants to this effect. You come up with amazingly weird combinations. Sometimes the product is utter crap, but most of the time you'll get your effort back.

The ONLY problem I see with mixing races is the hit to blood banks that these hybrid blood combinations will produce in the future.

Only if you consider risk-taking, in and of itself, immoral. Mixed marriages are high-risk ventures, both statistically and historically

As someone previously and kindly explained, you do indeed have such a thing as 'hybrid vigour', where the child has the strongest elements of both parents, and none of the weaknesses of either.

Moreover, if you could quantify beauty at the genetic level, and had two unrelated people with exactly the same high count, one mixed, one white, you'd find that the mixed race individual would be more appealing to most people. Mixed race is still somewhat 'exotic', and as such, given it's relative rarity value, accentuates the two extremes of beauty and ugliness, hence the 'high-risk, high reward' factor.

Jaybee

I only see one human being that loves another and if they marry then that's their business not mine to determine.

whats the big deal , i have been stayin in africa from last 5 yrs and have many such cases like this ,,,...

its people like you , you distinguish whites and black , they all are the same , does not matter ....

Sure they can marry, but for a white women to marry a black man this white women will be against so incredible odds to maintain this marrige or even start a family.

For one nearly 70% of black children are raised without the black fathers support:
http://www.acton.org/ppolicy/comment/print.php?id=169

Two is the fact that blacks carry a overwelming rate of sexual diseases with in their community:
http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/aidsstat.htm

Take also into account the facts that black males lead all other groups in cheating on their spouse murder, rape, assault, and ALL VIOLENT crimes http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/tables/ovrelracetab.htm , and this white women who marrys a black man has very low chances of having a successful and meaningful life.

I believe many white women marry blacks because white women are very compassionate and in many ways feel guilty and sorry for blacks. Alot of black males harrass and scare white women with their aggressive behaviour and tell white women that they are "racist" if they won't "hook up" with blacks.

I think white males don't want black women because black women on the average are annoying, ignorant and just plain ugly.

Last edited:
1. It's innapropriate to use nature as a model for morality. There are spiders that eat their own mates after sex.
There might be a built in prejudice against anyone not like yourself, but there's no modern reason to maintain this kind of separation. Evolutionary-wise, blacks and whites are almost identical. Interbreeding will make us stronger by creating more diversity in the genes. We already interrupted the evolutionary process with agriculture, medicine, the industrial revolution, etc...

2. Races are mostly different due to culture. One should develop their own culture and ignore mass culture, which is stupid.

3. There's no God.

Big D,
I said evolutionary-wise. There are very few genes that separate us, and they mostly determine outer appearances. Consider the people of mixed race, they aren't black, and they aren't white. This illustrates how unreal the idea of race is. Many, many black people in the US have, due to the widespread raping of black slaves, white genes. Also, many people that think they of a "pure" race actually have genes from all over the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big D said:
I believe many white women marry blacks because white women are very compassionate and in many ways feel guilty and sorry for blacks.

Wow, how do I get me one of those pitty marriages!

I think its pretty obvious that Big D is just a troll, he obviously can't believe the things he is saying.

duendy said:
the premise is the evil shit. always check the premise you are stuck on. ie.,, 'if GOG did xyz in so and so' then why etc. do you see, you have accepted a crap belief to BEGIN with and from THERe try and reason

Woden forbid I make my argument diverse!

So ya think it's crap. That's fine, I think it's crap too.

duendy said:
this is what of the scientist people do. their premise is that we are biochemical machines...and from there make a godawful fukin shittin mess of everything

. . . Okay.

duendy said:
rather start with the premise of THIS IS REAL LIFE HERE WE ARE DEALING WITH. REAL PEOPLE, AND REAL PEOPLES FEELINGS, AND IF I AM AN IGNOREANT SO AND SO WITH DAFT UNPROVEN PREMISES COMING FROM A DAFT IRRATIONAL THINKY THUNKY MIND, THEN I CAM GONNA FURTHER ALL THE CONFUSION AND VIOLENCE AROUND ME. EVEN A NASTY LOOK AT A MIXED RACE PERSON WILL CREATE FURTHER BAD VIBES....stuff like that

STOP YELLING. And I agree.

duendy said:

There was no doubt in my mind.

Xerxes said:
So what would you say to someone who says that its immoral/unethical (lets not confuse the terms..) to marry outside of your immediate family?

I'd say, "Fine, let yer babies be birth-defect-ridden."

Xerxes said:
Us halfbreeds are just as messed up as them. And you might as well say that its unethical to preserve lines of genetic disease in the purebreeds.

Elaborate.

Xerxes said:
But I'll give you some refutation: Hybrid vigor- when two distant members of the same species produce offspring, they will (often) share some of the strongest traits of both parents.

I realize that.

Xerxes said:
Set aside your prejudice, and imagine the culture and genes of an asian and Jew colliding.

Learn how to read.

Xerxes said:
The ONLY problem I see with mixing races is the hit to blood banks that these hybrid blood combinations will produce in the future.

Elaborate.

Jaybee from his cast said:
Only if you consider risk-taking, in and of itself, immoral. Mixed marriages are high-risk ventures, both statistically and historically

As someone previously and kindly explained, you do indeed have such a thing as 'hybrid vigour', where the child has the strongest elements of both parents, and none of the weaknesses of either.

Moreover, if you could quantify beauty at the genetic level, and had two unrelated people with exactly the same high count, one mixed, one white, you'd find that the mixed race individual would be more appealing to most people. Mixed race is still somewhat 'exotic', and as such, given it's relative rarity value, accentuates the two extremes of beauty and ugliness, hence the 'high-risk, high reward' factor.

But looks mean nothing if you have an ill-developed mind, as one could argue.

cosmictraveler said:
I only see one human being that loves another and if they marry then that's their business not mine to determine.

Very true.

Thersites said:
As blacks do marry whites [and vice-versa] there's no point asking whether they can.

Yes there is.

bob-bobby said:
whats the big deal , i have been stayin in africa from last 5 yrs and have many such cases like this ,,,...

I say the same thing: "What's the big deal?"

bob-bobby said:
its people like you , you distinguish whites and black , . . .

Learn how to read.

bob-bobby said:
they all are the same , does not matter ....

Agreed.

Big D said:
Sure they can marry, but for a white women to marry a black man this white women will be against so incredible odds to maintain this marrige or even start a family.

For one nearly 70% of black children are raised without the black fathers support:
http://www.acton.org/ppolicy/comment/print.php?id=169

Two is the fact that blacks carry a overwelming rate of sexual diseases with in their community:
http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/aidsstat.htm

Take also into account the facts that black males lead all other groups in cheating on their spouse murder, rape, assault, and ALL VIOLENT crimes http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homici...vrelracetab.htm , and this white women who marrys a black man has very low chances of having a successful and meaningful life.

I believe many white women marry blacks because white women are very compassionate and in many ways feel guilty and sorry for blacks. Alot of black males harrass and scare white women with their aggressive behaviour and tell white women that they are "racist" if they won't "hook up" with blacks.

I think white males don't want black women because black women on the average are annoying, ignorant and just plain ugly.

Although I don't agree with any of these statements, you have provided a good launching board for how I connect this issue with another. :)

spidergoat said:
1. It's innapropriate to use nature as a model for morality. There are spiders that eat their own mates after sex.
There might be a built in prejudice against anyone not like yourself, but there's no modern reason to maintain this kind of separation.

Agreed.

spidergoat said:
Evolutionary-wise, blacks and whites are almost identical.

They're almost identical now, but they were starting to diverge from each other.

spidergoat said:
Interbreeding will make us stronger by creating more diversity in the genes.

Agreed.

spidergoat said:
We already interrupted the evolutionary process with agriculture, medicine, the industrial revolution, etc...

That's not a reason to continue interrupting.

spidergoat said:
2. Races are mostly different due to culture. One should develop their own culture and ignore mass culture, which is stupid.

Agreed.

spidergoat said:
3. There's no God.

Verily agreed.

Athelwulf said:
They're almost identical now, but they were starting to diverge from each other.

Completely baseless. Do you believe that modern Africans are a different species?

Athelwulf, you must be an imbecilic racist. Your disclaimer hoodwinks no man.

Know what you speak of before attempting to spread your rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back