Bros before Hos?

Sam,

My wife and I had this same conversation yesterday because she had the discussion in class.
This is the fourth or fifth time I have seen you start threads similar to conversations my wife and I just had, based on something she discussed in class the day before.

Are you living in New Jersey these days and taking classes at Rutgers? :bugeye:

Sam,

My wife and I had this same conversation yesterday because she had the discussion in class.
This is the fourth or fifth time I have seen you start threads similar to conversations my wife and I just had, based on something she discussed in class the day before.

Are you living in New Jersey these days and taking classes at Rutgers? :bugeye:

Umm no sorry, I just start topics based on stuff I read or hear or off teh top of my head :p

Just found out that black men had the right to vote, by law, in the US [1870] before women [1920]

Whats with that? American men are more scared of giving rights to women than to blacks?

Or is this a trend in societies? Does this explain why Obama was more saleable than Hillary?

A teacher in high school told me that women's suffrage was put on the back burner to address the more egregious lack of protections blacks had.

It's not a trend,I think Australia gave women the right to vote before Indigenous men. (Asgaurd pls confirm/deny).

definitly in some states and mostly at the federal area. The exception apears to be SA which oddly enough was also the first state to give women the vote. Aborigional voting here pre dates federation

See my earlier post

A teacher in high school told me that women's suffrage was put on the back burner to address the more egregious lack of protections blacks had.

And they could not be dealt with simultaneously because...?

And they could not be dealt with simultaneously because...?

Americans are very simple-minded, SAM, and can't think or do two things at the same time. And all Americans are alike, so...... :D

Surely you knew that before you asked the question, right?

Baron Max

Hmm it would be pushing their luck to insinuate that women are at least as human as blacks and should also have a right to vote? :eek:

Well, it all sounds good, but the blacks weren't actually permitted to actually and really vote, not for real, until long after women voted regularly. Don't you know the history of the black oppression in the USA, SAM? I mean, you of all people, should be hammering the USA for their treatment of the blacks.

Geez, I'm damned disappointed in you, SAM, ...another perfect thing to hammer away at Americans and you've let it slip through your fingers! Shame on you. How can you hate Americans without knowing everything in their sordid history?

Baron Max

Women are the most gentle and beautiful creatures in the universe.

They're also the most hateful and cruelest ones too. Seriously. Have you noticed that Girls can carry a grudge a lot further ? That and they're a lot more emotional (given fact), and therefore more likely to do radical things in the heat of emotion. (e.g, castrate husband).

Thats why men are so afraid, that they have to repeatedly show their control in form of rape.

Because a woman's place is in the home caring for the children, taking care of the house and cooking the meals for the man of the house. And if we'd held to that standard, the world would be a much better place in which to live!

The worst mistake in all of human history was giving women any fuckin' rights other than in her own home.

Baron Max

Wow... um. I'm not sure on how I stand on your statements. Social pressures would tell me that women should be able to rule in congress just like the men do...

Wow... um. I'm not sure on how I stand on your statements. Social pressures would tell me that women should be able to rule in congress just like the men do... But perhaps logic tells a different story?

I think history has shown conclusively that women "rule" best from behind the scenes, behind the men, rather than leading the charge.

And logically, it makes sense because, strange as it seems, women get pregnant and have kids and have to care for those kids. I could also say something about the monthly thingie, but I won't, okay? :D

Baron Max

Tell that to Mrs Thatcher....

One woman, or even a few, is not what one would call "evidence". And I'll remind you that some people didn't think of Mrs Thatcher as a ...well, as a woman! She might well have been one of those men stuck in a woman's body, ...ya' know, like a freak of nature.

Now if you could name off, say, a few thousand?

Baron Max

Back