Being a Gentleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what feels good? Making myself feel good via being a self-centred jerk! :D

what is wrong with humanity 101.

and just so you know mordea, i could say the same for many a pregnant woman.

what is wrong with humanity 101.

and just so you know mordea, i could say the same for many a pregnant woman.

Is that why pregnant women believe that they are entitled to a seat on public transport, despite the fact that I also pay my taxes?

has a pregnant woman ever made you feel like she was entitled to your seat?

Yep.

I've already heard many pregnant women complaining when a seat was not given to them or other pregnant women. For crying out loud, Bells was doing exactly that earlier on in the thread.

When someone *expects* and *demands* a 'favour', I'm likely to tell them to bugger off.

Yep.

I've already heard many pregnant women complaining when a seat was not given to them or other pregnant women. For crying out loud, Bells was doing exactly that earlier on in the thread.

When someone *expects* and *demands* a 'favour', I'm likely to tell them to bugger off.

so if a guy with a broken leg on crutches asks for your seat, would you tell him to bugger off as well? :shrug:

so if a guy with a broken leg on crutches asks for your seat, would you tell him to bugger off as well? :shrug:

If he requests (not expects) politely and explains that he can't stand, I'd give my seat. Unless he broke it being an idiot (eg. performing Jackass stunts) in which case he can go fuck himself. I'm not going to inconvenience myself because of the stupid errors of other individuals.

so he would have to tell you how he broke it first?

Nah, I wouldn't interrogate him, I'd just give him the benefit of the doubt.

If someone requests my seat politely for good reason, I'll let them have it (unless I really need it). If the individual demands the seat simply because of some ridiculous status (I'm pregnant, omg!), then they can go and get fucked.

I see, so if a pregnant woman asks for your seat, instead of demanding it, then you would let her have it?

I see, so if a pregnant woman asks for your seat, instead of demanding it, then you would let her have it?

Getting close.

If a pregnant woman is in obvious distress, and politely asks (without a condemning/expectant tone) if she may have my seat, I would let her have it.

I don't usually ride the bus, but if I do and I see a lady get on and there are no seats, then I'll let her sit down.

Getting close.

If a pregnant woman is in obvious distress, and politely asks (without any condemning/expectant tone) if she may have my seat, I would let her have it.

so is it anyone in obvious distress or just pregnant women have to be in obvious distress?

so is it anyone in obvious distress or just pregnant women have to be in obvious distress?

Anyone in obvious distress.

Merely because someone is pregnant does not mean that they are in distress.

Merely because someone is female does not mean that they are in distress.

Merely because someone is old does not mean that they are in distress.

Merely because someone is 'handicapped' does not mean that they are in distress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUc_3IorU4
:D

Is that why pregnant women believe that they are entitled to a seat on public transport, despite the fact that I also pay my taxes?

you just don't get it. if there is a seat to be given, i would rather give than receive. i'm sure you can't relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back