Barbaric treatment of stray Animals

Neutering it is still the best option, of course it would require adopting it for at least a couple of days.

I agree, but that's only if you can't be bothered or if the cat actually is not a stray.
If the cat is a stray, feeding it will possibly keep it alive and healthy. Or at least minimize it's instinct to go hunt for wildlife.

you cannot stop a cat hunting other wildlife, that is wrong, its in the cats nature to hunt"

you cannot stop a cat hunting other wildlife, that is wrong, its in the cats nature to hunt"

The cat is not natural to the environment. And I didn't say I wanted to stop it from hunting, just to feed it so it will not have as much of an urge to hunt.

The cat is not natural to the environment. And I didn't say I wanted to stop it from hunting, just to feed it so it will not have as much of an urge to hunt.

a cat will always have an urge to hunt! regardless what you feed it!

I didn't see a yes or no....

I couldn't answer it because the question is nonsensical in relation to the subject at hand.
You see, humans are already an invasive species.. :shrug:

Perhaps it would comfort you though, that I have absolutely no desire to ever set foot in the USA.

I couldn't answer it because the question is nonsensical in relation to the subject at hand.
You see, humans are already an invasive species.. :shrug:

Perhaps it would comfort you though, that I have absolutely no desire to ever set foot in the USA.

Is a species invasive if it introduces itself? How is a migrating species invasive?
and I consider myself comforted :p

Is a species invasive if it introduces itself? How is a migrating species invasive?
and I consider myself comforted :p

An invasive species is a non-indigenous species (e.g. plants or animals) that adversely affect the habitats they invade.
Humans are an invasive species.

An invasive species is a non-indigenous species (e.g. plants or animals) that adversely affect the habitats they invade.
Humans are an invasive species.

In an unchecked ecosystem all organisms are invasive.;)

Just a matter of time.

Last edited:
All ecosystem's need an intelligent life form to guide it along. Minimum intelligence would be that of humans. All ecosystems will eventually collapse, humans can do damage but they can also bring about positive changes.

Well it is true. Natural defences will sustain it for quite a long time but nothing last forever without some refinements which nature will eventuall cease to provide. You have to remember catastrophic changes for one species means collapse -t0 to that species. Unchecked reproduction with no natural predators will also lead to total collapse, depending on how vast the ecosystem is will determine the length of time it can sustain itself.

Yea sure, you are right. What WAS I thinking.. :rolleyes:
Do you have any idea how for long nature did pretty well without us around ?
In fact, isn't it OBVIOUS that nature is worse off with us around ?

:bugeye:

....In fact, isn't it OBVIOUS that nature is worse off with us around ?

:bugeye:

are smallpox, polio, leprosy, etc part of nature? Should we let nature take its course or do something?
Should we let eh Tasmanian Devils die of cancer or should we keep trying to save them? Isn't saving them going against nature?
why are you so determined to only see the bad.

Back