Baa Baa Rainbow sheep?

Gustav said:
think of it as an opportunity
refute the "bullshit"

I already have in my previous posts, why are you relating words to skin colour?

We use metaphors richly in our language are they all racist/fatist/sexist?

let me think?

A full moon? shit, it that fatist? Are we saying that full means fat? Am I secretly taking a pop at fat people when I admire a 'full' moon?

Hmmm what else

What a gay day...........gay means bright, now it is used to describe homosexuals, does this mean I can't use the word Gay in its correct context anymore?

bthe list is endless, keep believing the lies......

Theoryofrelativity said:
Am I secretly taking a pop at fat people when I admire a 'full' moon?

nope
just when you referred to them as "fat"
they are just big or horizontally challenged folks

how dare you be so rude
how dare you, sir!

Okay — I'm loosing touch with this thread since I looked at it not an hour ago. The point of avoiding the usage of the word 'black' in public is to not offend or finger-point. But its true influence will only serve to perpetuate a feeling of self-consciousness towards the word 'black'. One may appear easeful and guiltless on the surface for having avoided close-calls by using politically-correct lingo — but beneath the surface a self-consciousness will toss and turn, and the stigma will perpetuate.

Are you saying that conscious avoidance of the word black will have the opposite effect of it's original intention?

The only time saying the word black is ever a problem is when a white person says "black" in the presence of a black person.

Theoryofrelativity said:
black people don't have a problem with the word black, white people do. You being one of them
What is this problem you say that white people have with the word black?

Meanwhile said:
The point of avoiding the usage of the word 'black' in public is to not offend or finger-point. But its true influence will only serve to perpetuate a feeling of self-consciousness towards the word 'black'. One may appear easeful and guiltless on the surface for having avoided close-calls by using politically-correct lingo — but beneath the surface a self-consciousness will toss and turn, and the stigma will perpetuate.
Well put,

Do you think that the "stigma" of the word black is perpetuated by the upset reaction of so many blacks when hearing the word "black" come from a white persons mouth?

J.B said:
Well put,

Do you think that the "stigma" of the word black is perpetuated by the upset reaction of so many blacks when hearing the word "black" come from a white persons mouth?

Name a single incidence of this occurring? I've lived in a multicultural society , have never omitted the word black from my vocab and never observed any upset reaction, you are trying to perpetuate your racist crap, by trying to get others to unwittingly support your argument, it aint working though is it?
run along.........

Incase you're still in any doubt as to JB's intentions, here's a list of his most recent threads:

Threads Started By: J.B

Baa Baa Rainbow sheep?

Being A Jew

Europe Is Sick Of Muslims

First Race-Specific Medication

Race's Legally Separated

Lets Stop Racism

Hispanics (not blacks) Will Rebuild New Orleans

Get Your Sorry Ass Out

Black on Black Crime?

God Wants New Orleans to be Black

Blacks Are More Likely to Get Lung Cancer

Black Justice

Hurricane Katrina and Slavery

Looking The Same

You're a bit obsessed aren't you JB? do u talk about anything else?

spidergoat:
Are you saying that conscious avoidance of the word black will have the opposite effect of it's original intention?

By circumventing a word to avoid an issue one will have to become conscious of that issue first. So if I can't describe my father -- as I have always described him, by the way -- as being the black sheep of the family because you or some else will take offence, then yes, I will be introducing ramifications into my system and perpetuating a stigma unspoken; I will become self-conscious of the phrase 'black sheep'. But if I don't fear 'black sheep' then my true intention of its usage will be conveyed undisturbed, even to a black person. They pick up on these sort of things.

Theory:
Black people don't have a problem with the word black, white people do.

Similarly, if I use 'black sheep' with a bitchy tone, then my intentions towards my father will also be clear. However, I always say it with affection.

Theoryofrelativity said:
Name a single incidence of this occurring? I've lived in a multicultural society , have never omitted the word black from my vocab and never observed any upset reaction, you are trying to perpetuate your racist crap, by trying to get others to unwittingly support your argument, it aint working though is it?
run along.........
If blacks are not upset by hearing the word black, then why the need for Baa Baa Rainbow sheep?

you don't read too good do you JB, it was white people's idea to ban these things not blacks, so they can spread racial hatred by convincing people like u that blacks have issues with poems about sheep.

laughable really, if it wasn't so dangerous

Theoryofrelativity said:
you don't read too good do you JB, it was white people's idea to ban these things not blacks, so they can spread racial hatred by convincing people like u that blacks have issues with poems about sheep.

laughable really, if it wasn't so dangerous
Here there not black, it's African American.

Back