Atheists what is your proof?

The bible is full of stories.

Exactly right. Myths and fictions.

The bible is full of stories.

Exactly right. Myths and fictions.

yes, keep telling yourself that everything you don't WANT to believe is fiction.

i on the other hand, can relate very well to those stories, because i have experience.

it's not my fault that you don't. it's your own.

To demonstrate god exists of course.

do you think god is a toy?

I think god is a human psychological phenomenon.

god is not a toy, or something that can be manipulated.

Asking a question is not manipulation.

god responds to sincerity and humility.

Ask the question sincerely and with humility.

why don't you ask god something yourself? i would suggest not being trivial.

God doesn't respond to me.

To demonstrate god exists of course.

I think god is a human psychological phenomenon.

Asking a question is not manipulation.

Ask the question sincerely and with humility.

God doesn't respond to me.

perhaps it's your lack of sincerity and humility and/or open-mindedness. why would god respond to you when you think god is a psychological phenomenon?

listen, i know better ok? i know god. and you would be better off with a magic 8 ball. sorry.

crunchy said:
Scientifically, our universe is a static object. Time exists as a dimension similar to the three dimensions of space. It isn't a timeline upon which space moves, but together with the three dimensions of spaces makes up a fourth dimension.

Ok.
No, not OK. There is no such thing as a "static object" of that description. It's self contradictory, inherently incoherent.
crunchy said:
The entity that is "creation" would have been created with the entirety of time all at once (along with the entirety of space).

Agreed.
Not agreed. A span of time cannot be created "at once", for the same reason a span of space cannot be created in one spot.
Now, accepting the creation of the universe by a deity, everything that makes up the universe would also be part of creation, including all the natural laws. The entire creation, natural laws included, then become part of the intent of the creator.
Natural laws are created, or "discovered" in that sense, by people. Often we can specify the year and the circumstances of their formulation. Meanwhile, nothing "then" happens to the intent of a creator "outside of time".

believer said:
perhaps it's your lack of sincerity and humility -- - -

listen, i know better ok? i know god.
A classic of its kind.

perhaps it's your lack of sincerity and humility and/or open-mindedness.

Perhaps you are introducing a cop-out... the ol' "you're not doing it right" fallacy. I have asked god questions when I was a believer. No responses ever came as well. The current question is sincere. Open mindedness is a willingness to change my mind based on evidence. No supportive evidence was ever presented. As far as humility is concerned, the question has neither opportunity for pride or arrogance. It's a simple question and nothing more.

why would god respond to you when you think god is a psychological phenomenon?

It's a rather stupid question. How could I possibly imagine what would motivate a deity to do or not do anything; however, if that deity did value truth then I am sure he would want me to ask questions in a truthful context.

listen, i know better ok? i know god. and you would be better off with a magic 8 ball. sorry.

Excellent, ask him the question then.

Perhaps you are introducing a cop-out... the ol' "you're not doing it right" fallacy. I have asked god questions when I was a believer. No responses ever came as well. The current question is sincere. Open mindedness is a willingness to change my mind based on evidence. No supportive evidence was ever presented. As far as humility is concerned, the question has neither opportunity for pride or arrogance. It's a simple question and nothing more.

here's a question...

how in the hell were you a "believer" when you actually had no idea?????? :confused::wtf:

It's a rather stupid question. How could I possibly imagine what would motivate a deity to do or not do anything; however, if that deity did value truth then I am sure he would want me to ask questions in a truthful context.

well, i do know he doesn't do anything in futility.

Excellent, ask him the question then.

i sincerely have absolutely no interest in what your father's name is. if i did, then i would just ask you CC.

god isn't a lab rat ok? if you sincerely want to have a relationship with god and are willing to go through all that entails, which is the most intense and comprehensively impactive thing you could ever do, then go for it, but that is not my responsibility. i can't do that for you. no one can.

No, not OK. There is no such thing as a "static object" of that description. It's self contradictory, inherently incoherent.

What he said is compatible with the Many Worlds theory of the universe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

Not agreed. A span of time cannot be created "at once", for the same reason a span of space cannot be created in one spot.

He's talking about a deity doing it. Not a natural process.

here's a question...

how in the hell were you a "believer" when you actually had no idea?????? :confused::wtf:

I was indoctrinated as a child.

well, i do know he doesn't do anything in futility.

Or anything ;3.

i sincerely have absolutely no interest in what your father's name is. if i did, then i would just ask you CC.

You could have a sincere interest in demonstrating gods existence to me via criteria I committed would do it. That's just a winning scenario.

god isn't a lab rat ok? if you sincerely want to have a relationship with god and are willing to go through all that entails, which is the most intense and comprehensively impactive thing you could ever do, then go for it, but that is not my responsibility. i can't do that for you. no one can.

If it wasn't clear, I don't believe god exists. I can't have a relationship with something that isn't there; however, if you can ask him one teeeny tiny question, a correct answer means an *instant* change in my beliefs. Not too shabby for a simple question eh?

I was indoctrinated as a child.

well that doesn't mean anything except that you're most likely jaded.

Or anything ;3.

well he's put a fucking hammer to my head more than once. that's something.

You could have a sincere interest in demonstrating gods existence to me via criteria I committed would do it. That's just a winning scenario.

i'm not CC. i want god to do it.

If it wasn't clear, I don't believe god exists. I can't have a relationship with something that isn't there; however, if you can ask him one teeeny tiny question, a correct answer means an *instant* change in my beliefs. Not too shabby for a simple question eh?

god is there. if you really want to know him, then i absolutely refuse to believe that he won't do for you what he's done for me.

crunchy said:
What he said is compatible with the Many Worlds theory of the universe:
No, it isn't. That theory provides theoretical universes other than our universe, but not a situation in which motion through time does not happen within our universe.
crunchy said:
He's talking about a deity doing it. Not a natural process.
He's talking about something akin to a square circle - not so much impossible as meaningless. There is no meaning to the term "at once" outside of time as we know it, just as there is no meaning to a span of distance that occupies a single point on the relevant dimension.

well that doesn't mean anything except that you're most likely jaded.

Actually that is the exact reason I believed. It's not an emotional statement (something to be jaded about). It's a fact.

well he's put a fucking hammer to my head more than once. that's something.

It's something alright.

i'm not CC. i want god to do it.

Hypothetically, if you did do it and the answer was wrong, what would you think?

god is there. if you really want to know him, then i absolutely refuse to believe that he won't do for you what he's done for me.

What you believe or refuse to believe is entirely up to you.

Actually that is the exact reason I believed. It's not an emotional statement (something to be jaded about). It's a fact.

how can you really believe something you don't know?

It's something alright.

yes.

Hypothetically, if you did do it and the answer was wrong, what would you think?

i would think i did you and god a grave disservice.

What you believe or refuse to believe is entirely up to you.

and to you.

No, it isn't. That theory provides theoretical universes other than our universe, but not a situation in which motion through time does not happen within our universe.

That interpretation is incorrect. What the theory models is a universe where every event that could have multiple outcomes has those multiple outcomes. They all exist at the same time, completely distinct from each other. Additionally when you try and reconcile GR and quantum mechanics, time often disappears altogether (ex. the Wheeler-DeWitt equation for quantum gravity). This suggest time might be not be real and that would make every possibility of all the past, present, and future exist at the same time as one large static structure.

He's talking about something akin to a square circle - not so much impossible as meaningless.

You and I know that, but he doesn't.

There is no meaning to the term "at once" outside of time as we know it, just as there is no meaning to a span of distance that occupies a single point on the relevant dimension.

That is why he introduced a "god-time", which of course dooms his god by making it have an environment and a dependency on it.

Last edited:
how can you really believe something you don't know?

Our species is genetically prone to belief because it has survival advantages. It's espeically true a childs learning. For example, uf mom and dad want you to believe that playing with alligators is bad, you're likely going to believe it even if you know very little or nothing about alligators.

i would think i did you and god a grave disservice.

Interesting, most notably it wouldn't put any doubt in your mind.

Our species is genetically prone to belief because it has survival advantages. It's espeically true a childs learning. For example, uf mom and dad want you to believe that playing with alligators is bad, you're likely going to believe it even if you know very little or nothing about alligators.

well what's the point of that if you're never going to come into contact with an alligator?

and you know what? i believe any and every thing people tell me unless i have a damn good reason not to. and me not ever coming into contact with an alligator myself, is not a good reason.

Interesting, most notably it wouldn't put any doubt in your mind.

i just know him. and from what i know it's not what he wants for me, or for you. i know my place, and that is NOT my place.

I feel like we are going in circles here. I never said the initial faith in a deity WAS based on logical deduction.

Then just explain how you came to have your faith.

I am referring to the latest scientific theories in evolutionary psychology, cosmology, physics, relativity, evolution, astrobiology, etc.

None of which have a 'God' shaped gap in them. You are seeing something that just isn't there.

Likewise, the initial ideas for God would based on observations. Again, something atheists claim all the time.

There is no observation of God. None. We can look at the same things, and I do not see God. So something else is at work in your head.

You seriously don't see the difference between a simple solution and a simple answer? In IT as an example,

I work in IT, and that's a bad analogy. You have introduced complexity, and then tried using Occam's razor. That is incorrect.

Whatever. Either object with reason or don't object at all. I am tired of your pointlessness.

I am objecting with reason. You offer no evidence, no logic, and claim to have an argument for God that I can't argue against, but you yourself cannot justify. It's really not a good case you are presenting.

If there is something I have wrong, I would love to learn where and how.

Go learn some science, and see that there aren't God shaped gaps in it? perhaps?

But you don't do that. You make claims that people don't know what they are talking about, but never explain how.

If you do know what you are talking about, present your case

You argue opposing points depending on which one helps you "win" an argument. By all outward appearances, you have no interest in knowledge or truth, just in making yourself feel better by calling others stupid. I would be an idiot to continue wasting my time with you.

Ah, so you resort to the ad hom and cop out.

Simply, you have not presented a logical case for your faith. You cannot, and now you blame me for that. Get your house in order, and come back.

w if anything. atheists are so adamantly focused on what we can see, when the fact is, that we can't see much.

You what? 'atheists' ? It's astronomers that are looking at the Universe, not 'atheists'.

But here's the thing. All we know about the Universe was formulated using the scientific method, and we have discovered quite a bit. NONE of science was given to us through revelation. NONE.

Your method is completely and utterly useless, whereas science yields results.

Back