Atheist armageddon pet rescue

Have you read the book of Revelation? It doesn't sound hardly noticeable to me.

Doesn't it say that true believers ascent to heaven or whatnot and that the rest will stay behind on Earth ?
How many true believers are there ? I have some serious doubts about their numbers.

Most believers take Revelations symbolically.

Doesn't it say that true believers ascent to heaven or whatnot and that the rest will stay behind on Earth ?
How many true believers are there ? I have some serious doubts about their numbers.

I'm not an expert, but I think that evangelical Christians believe that everybody who accepts Christ as his/her personal saviour qualifies as a true believer.

This is different from the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses (or is it the Seventh Day Adventists?) who say only 144,000 people get to be Raptured. And I think the bible supports that view, actually.

Most believers take Revelations symbolically.

We're not talking about the Christian majority here. We're talking about the group of evangelicals that believes these are the End Times and Jesus's Second Coming will happen any year now. Just as the book of Genesis is literally true, so is the book of Revelation.

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again." (Ecclesiastes 3:18-20 KJV)

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again." (Ecclesiastes 3:18-20 KJV)

Interesting. This directly contradicts Genesis, which explicitly says that man has dominion over all the animals because he is created in the image of God, separate from the non-human animals.

I'm not an expert, but I think that evangelical Christians believe that everybody who accepts Christ as his/her personal saviour qualifies as a true believer.

This is different from the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses (or is it the Seventh Day Adventists?) who say only 144,000 people get to be Raptured. And I think the bible supports that view, actually.

We're not talking about the Christian majority here. We're talking about the group of evangelicals that believes these are the End Times and Jesus's Second Coming will happen any year now. Just as the book of Genesis is literally true, so is the book of Revelation.
Well, how many people actually accept Christ as their savior nowadays ? How many people truly believe that ?
I think they are a minority.

Interesting. This directly contradicts Genesis, which explicitly says that man has dominion over all the animals because he is created in the image of God, separate from the non-human animals.

Yep, and there is more ;)

Well, how many people actually accept Christ as their savior nowadays ? How many people truly believe that ?

I think a lot of evangelicals truly believe it. I think a large motivation is the need to feel special. If you have a personal relationship with Jesus, then that makes you quite special and different from those who do not.

I think a lot of evangelicals truly believe it. I think a large motivation is the need to feel special. If you have a personal relationship with Jesus, then that makes you quite special and different from those who do not.
I wouldn't call that true belief. That's just a facade to fit in. Or out if fear.

So its your belief about what evangelicals believe. They discuss the rapture of their pets with you? Or their special relationship with Jesus Christ?

So its your belief about what evangelicals believe.
Yes. I said that clearly above:

James R said:
I think a lot of evangelicals truly believe it.
It's only a few posts higher up. Try to keep up, SAM.

They discuss the rapture of their pets with you?
No, but I know that many of them believe that animals lack souls.

Or their special relationship with Jesus Christ?
Oh yes. You betcha. They all want to talk about their special relationship with Jesus Christ.

You guys live in the strangest societies. I have had devout [almost daily church going] Catholic friends all my life and I never even heard of the rapture before sciforums.

Back