Atheism, Evolution and Environmental conservation

It's evolution either way. So they get to choose what they want.

Yup. That is it. Everything is evolution. War, holocaust, starvation, extinction. Its all natural. Conservationism is also evolution. :p

She's trolling, is what she's doing. Seriously, there is no validity to anything she says.

As an atheist, you've stopped thinking at a certain point. The rest requires a broader perspective than you've decided to have.:)

so as you can see; atheists morality beats your religious nuts again!

now give me one good reason why shouldnt we eliminate all the religious loonies who are danger to us, from this world?

I suppose this is an apt demonstration of atheist "morality". At least, from historical evidence.

Last edited:
She doesn't. She is trying to say that the way atheists criticize theists - that they have irrational faith based beliefs - can be applied to their actions in relation to an unknowable future as seen in their concern about the environment.

On the contrary, the environmental future is quite well known. Haven't you heard all the fuss about climate change, environmental degradation, pollution, etc.? Taking action to address issues raised by scientific evidence is not a faith-based approach. It's simple common sense.

On the contrary, the environmental future is quite well known. Haven't you heard all the fuss about climate change, environmental degradation, pollution, etc.? Taking action to address issues raised by scientific evidence is not a faith-based approach. It's simple common sense.

So you can accurately predict what the future is?

Animals don't suffer when we eat them. They're already dead (unlike plants, which are consumed live or after boiling in oil, even infants). Besides, they are apparently atheist, according to Enmos, so it makes sense that theists would eat them. Thats evolution. Survival of teh fattest.

Humans don't suffer either when we eat them. I expect you will be eating atheists tonight ?

What about protection of endangered species? If a species dies out, it's evolution. So shouldn't atheists be opposed to the protection of near-extinct animals?

Not if they are endangered because of humans.
Theists are Gods gift to the universe so how could they be in the wrong ? :rolleues:
Theists will argue that if a species dies out because of humans that it is Gods will, and therefore good. That stance makes me sick.

Last edited:
So you can accurately predict what the future is?

So can you.

If you take poison now you can predict your death in the near future.
Similarly, you can take very small amounts of poison periodically so that it won't kill you but makes you sick. Eventually it will kill you though.

Doctors predict the future all the time, biologists too.
Hell.. everyone constantly predicts the future accurately.. is that news to you ?

Troll said:
As an atheist, you've stopped thinking at a certain point. The rest requires a broader perspective than you've decided to have.

Broader perspective? Coming from you, the person who gets their entire moral foundation from a Bronze Age work of fiction, that is adorable!

Humans don't suffer either when we eat them. I expect you will be eating atheists tonight ?

I thought I was eating atheists when I ate animals?:p

So can you.

If you take poison now you can predict your death in the near future.
Similarly, you can take very small amounts of poison periodically so that it won't kill you but makes you sick. Eventually it will kill you though.

Doctors predict the future all the time, biologists too.
Hell.. everyone constantly predicts the future accurately.. is that news to you ?

All drugs are poisons- so there you go, you're wrong. :p

Broader perspective? Coming from you, the person who gets their entire moral foundation from a Bronze Age work of fiction, that is adorable!

So you think one should discard the past to obtain a broader perspective? :roflmao:

Do atheists who believe in evolution also believe in environmental conservation?

Why?

People, who use their brains, don't "believe" in scientific theories, they understand them.

"Believing" is for those who don't use their brains to understand.

People, who use their brains, don't "believe" in scientific theories, they understand them.

"Believing" is for those who don't use their brains to understand.

You understand all scientific theories? Each and every one of them?

Take nothing at all on faith? :)

Really good points there SAM.. :rolleyes:

Take any "life saving" drug by the capful and let me know how long you will live.

And hey, you're the one who told me ants are atheists. /crunches on ants.

What does the word 'atheist' mean ?

According to dictionary.com

a·the·ist Audio Help /ˈeɪθiɪst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ey-thee-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Synonyms Atheist, agnostic, infidel, skeptic refer to persons not inclined toward religious belief or a particular form of religious belief. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. Infidel means an unbeliever, especially a nonbeliever in Islam or Christianity. A skeptic doubts and is critical of all accepted doctrines and creeds.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

From dictionary.com:

atheist
1571, from Fr. athéiste (16c.), from Gk. atheos "to deny the gods, godless," from a- "without" + theos "a god" (see Thea). A slightly earlier form is represented by atheonism (c.1534) which is perhaps from It. atheo "atheist."

You understand all scientific theories? Each and every one of them?

No, Sam, not all of them, as you ask a question a 10 year old might ask. But, I certainly understand far more than you.

Take nothing at all on faith?

No, Sam, faith is for the ignorant who don't want to understand how things work. You're a prime example of faith.

From dictionary.com:

atheist
1571, from Fr. athéiste (16c.), from Gk. atheos "to deny the gods, godless," from a- "without" + theos "a god" (see Thea). A slightly earlier form is represented by atheonism (c.1534) which is perhaps from It. atheo "atheist."

So the meaning is to deny the gods from the roots without+gods, that sounds about right.:shrug:
unless you think agnostic means without+knowledge

No, Sam, not all of them, as you ask a question a 10 year old might ask. But, I certainly understand far more than you.
So you reject all the ones you don't understand?

No, Sam, faith is for the ignorant who don't want to understand how things work. You're a prime example of faith.

Infidelity is not a virtue. ;)

So the meaning is to deny the gods from the roots without+gods, that sounds about right.:shrug:
unless you think agnostic means without+knowledge

No.

Atheist means without god.
Agnostic means without knowledge.

One can be agnostic about many things, the term doesn't only apply to deities.

Back