Artificial Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, we will not go into detail. I simply feel that we Humans are special in our ability to think and imagine and wonder and want, and in this way, we can even defeat nature itself. We are Humanity.

OK, we will not go into detail. I simply feel that we Humans are special in our ability to think and imagine and wonder and want, and in this way, we can even defeat nature itself. We are Humanity.

I agree that we are unique on this Earth in our abilities to manipulate our surroundings. But that doesn't mean other lifeforms are less than we are.
In fact, the sheer number of humans combined with their unique abilities is destroying the natural environment as we speak.
We, just like any other organism, need an healthy environment to survive.

I agree that we are unique on this Earth in our abilities to manipulate our surroundings. But that doesn't mean other lifeforms are less than we are.
In fact, the sheer number of humans combined with their unique abilities is destroying the natural environment as we speak.
We, just like any other organism, need an healthy environment to survive.

Yes, but there is a fundamental difference between our value in our being to other creatures' value in what they offer. Other creatures are only valuable so long as they continue to do what they do. They are mere tools. It does not matter if one dies, it is easily replaced.

We humans, on the other hand, are not replaceable. We are each unique, and each valuable.

Yes, but there is a fundamental difference between our value in our being to other creatures' value in what they offer. Other creatures are only valuable so long as they continue to do what they do. They are mere tools. It does not matter if one dies, it is easily replaced.

We humans, on the other hand, are not replaceable. We are each unique, and each valuable.

See.. the way you talk here irritates the hell out of me.
By the way, I reject objective value because it simply doesn't exist. Value is wholly subjective.
Do you see my point ? :)

Your believe in the existence of the soul is based on interpretations of some ancient cave scribblings ?

i believe ancient humans were more evolved spiritually, and they could see spirits. but when we became materialistic, we lost many of our spiritual abilities. i believe this because this is what the history books say.

See.. the way you talk here irritates the hell out of me.
By the way, I reject objective value because it simply doesn't exist. Value is wholly subjective.
Do you see my point ? :)

Of course it is. And we are subjecting our value of ourselves to our own will, and thus, objecting it.

i believe ancient humans were more evolved spiritually, and they could see spirits. but when we became materialistic, we lost many of our spiritual abilities. i believe this because this is what the history books say.

What history books ?

And not a literal one. And the figurative meaning doesn't have to be truth anyway..

Literal, well, that is unknown. We can't say for sure that some of the Biblical events didn't happen, or that they did

But figuratively, there is a moral to each and every story. And a message. Perhaps it was intended to be figurative and philosophical, I don't know.

Literal, well, that is unknown. We can't say for sure that some of the Biblical events didn't happen, or that they did

But figuratively, there is a moral to each and every story. And a message. Perhaps it was intended to be figurative and philosophical, I don't know.

How do you propose to get proof for a soul from ancient texts of which we don't even know what to take literal and what to take figurative ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back