Arrested for not Tipping

I think it is good to have this mechanism. The reason is because the server would be more conscientious. I cant remember ever getting bad service though.

what? Automatically attaching a tip, even if service is bad?
If a server knows they are going to get a tip no matter how crappy the service, how would it make them more conscientious?

Or am I misunderstanding you??

Do you have a link to that? Food servers are not paid min wage here. Tips are considered part of their wage, which is why I had to claim them on my taxes.

I don't have link, but in CA servers make minimum wage. Which makes it hard for other minimum wage workers here to feel all that sorry for them when they don't get a tip. No one tipped me when I spent hours helping people match their shoes to their shirts at a department store. As a waitress I made minimum wage plus tips, the tips were still taxed though.
My friend works as a stripper in a local club, she gets minimum wage plus tips as well. Needless to say she does quite well for herself, making around $75,000 a year, only working 3 nights a week.

so orleander, you dont belive in saleries? You think an employer should have an automatic right to refuse to pay there employees on a whim?

so orleander, you dont belive in saleries? You think an employer should have an automatic right to refuse to pay there employees on a whim?

Yes they do have the right to NOT pay me for work I haven't done. If I don't show up for work and do my job, they have the right to not pay me.
If you don't show up for work, do you get paid?

Asguard, do you have any real life experience in any of this??

oh yes i do, i was a chef for 5 years. Even in Australia hospitality pays the crapiest wages, further more i did temp work as a bar tender for corprate snobs who wouldnt know a tip if i tied it to a brick and threw it at there heads.

oh yes i do, i was a chef for 5 years. Even in Australia hospitality pays the crapiest wages, further more i did temp work as a bar tender for corprate snobs who wouldnt know a tip if i tied it to a brick and threw it at there heads.

what does any of that have to do with getting paid for work not done??:shrug:

that is because it is not expected in australia.

Back