are you an atheist that used to be a theist?

are you an atheist?

• Total voters
Uhm both choices are the same... (?)

Anyways i was never theist although i had the upbringing.

Uhm both choices are the same... (?)

Anyways i was never theist although i had the upbringing.

because its not a vote its to gather some information for a quick sciforums test. you cant chose a single option in a poll, so i had to choose 2.

peace.

i would like all atheists who used to be theists to vote on the poll please.

peace.
M*W: Using the word "turned" atheist is like saying milk "turned" sour. We don't "turn." "Became atheist" or "embraced atheism" would be better word usage.

LOL, atheists. :rolleyes:
You are more worried about how the poll looks than answering the question. And then you have to start hair-splitting the question's wording. We aren't idiots, we know what the question means.

I was raised Baptist in a Berean Fundamental church. I don't even remember when I became am atheist. It seems like I always doubted.
Kinda like I don't remember when I became hetero, I just always was.

M*W: Using the word "turned" atheist is like saying milk "turned" sour. We don't "turn." "Became atheist" or "embraced atheism" would be better word usage.

but why is using the word turned not correct wording? the definition of "turned" fits the bill. if not why not?

peace.

LOL, atheists. :rolleyes:
You are more worried about how the poll looks than answering the question. And then you have to start hair-splitting the question's wording. We aren't idiots, we know what the question means.

I was raised Baptist in a Berean Fundamental church. I don't even remember when I became am atheist. It seems like I always doubted.
Kinda like I don't remember when I became hetero, I just always was.

so was you ever even a true theist?

peace.

so was you ever even a true theist?

peace.

I had to have been. I prayed, I accepted Jesus as my savior, I went o church 3 times a week, and I went to Bible Camp. But I remember in 2nd grade my Mom was pulled into the Pastor's office for a talking to about me. I asked too many questions. My Mom said he was an ass and just ignore him, but that kind of behavior got my doubts rolling.

and quit peacing me!!!!!

I had to have been. I prayed, I accepted Jesus as my savior, I went o church 3 times a week, and I went to Bible Camp. But I remember in 2nd grade my Mom was pulled into the Pastor's office for a talking to about me. I asked too many questions. My Mom said he was an ass and just ignore him, but that kind of behavior got my doubts rolling.

and quit peacing me!!!!!

you dont seem to be bitter towards theists.

i never even believed in santa, i got in trouble at school when i was about 4 for telling all the other kids santa does not exist, and your parents give you the gifts. the teacher actualy punished me for that lol.

whats your problem with me saying peace? im just ending the post. accept it like you accepted god as a child :)/

peace.

you dont seem to be bitter towards theists.....

No, why would I be?? None of the theists I know ever did anything out of meanness. They believe in hell and eternal damnation. They truly cared about me. And a few theists don't speak/act for them all. I don't want them judging what I believe so where would I get off judging their beliefs? My Mom raised me better. ;) I'm not a religious bigot.

No, why would I be?? None of the theists I know ever did anything out of meanness. They believe in hell and eternal damnation. They truly cared about me. And a few theists don't speak/act for them all. I don't want them judging what I believe so where would I get off judging their beliefs? My Mom raised me better. ;) I'm not a religious bigot.

you shouldent be, but alot of people are. its good that you chose to be nice to people,

peace. peace.

you shouldent be, but alot of people are. its good that you chose to be nice to people,

peace. peace.

Its funny that the people I have the biggest problem with are other atheists. Believers don't know any better. Atheists should.

And I'm not nice to all people. :p
ass ass

Its funny that the people I have the biggest problem with are other atheists. Believers don't know any better. Atheists should.

And I'm not nice to all people. :p
ass ass

i was thinking to convert from daoism to radical islam,

i think theists should be nice to people also, after all it does tell them to be nice in the holy books.

peace.

Back