Are blacks more attracted to Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JuJU, Bilal may have been the first black person converted to Islam. But he was not the first muslim.

if this is true ... blacks are more attracted to Islam ...

may be this is because Islam has the equal rights and equality for all Muslims ? :)

i mean that Islam doe's not make a white better than a black or a black better than a white man.... and the foreigner is not better than the one living in the country....

the main thing that makes a Muslim better than another muslim is :

--------------------------------------------------------------------
SURAH name :Al-Hujurat Verse Number : 13 :

[13] O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full Knowledge and is well-acquainted (with all things).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this is true ... blacks are more attracted to Islam ...

may be this is because Islam has the equal rights and equality for all Muslims ? :)

i mean that Islam doe's not make a white better than a black or a black better than a white man.... and the foreigner is not better than the one living in the country....

Since when? I though women were less equal...

if this is true ... blacks are more attracted to Islam ... may be this is because Islam has the equal rights and equality for all Muslims?

Then why are Muslims all over the fuckin' world killin' other Muslims in suicide bombings and such terrorist attacks?

Iraqi and Afghani Muslims are killing thousands of other Muslims ....because they believe in equal rights for all Muslims????

Hmm, I gotta' think about that some, okay?

Baron Max

Ah, now the Blacks do associate themselves with the Egyptians. Perhaps, the blacks are grossly misinformed about Jesus, David and Solomon, just like Medicine Woman?

Because Africa is the home of the Blacks. Blacks are very good hand to hand combat fighters. Before the age of heavy artillery, there's no way in hell that another race could "muscle" Blacks from their own territory. And there's plenty of evidence showing that they were Black.

In the U.S., it seems that home grown Islamist seem to be disproportionately black. Is there a reasons for that, or is that simply not true?
The Black Muslim movement gathered its strength in the 1960s as part of the civil rights struggle. It was a powerful symbolic statement for the black community to make to the white community, which was still identfied as a Christian culture. It was a breakaway. With a few astounding and heartwarming exceptions such as the Quaker community, white American Christians taken collectively as an ethnic group had been dismally abusive to black people right up through WWII.

The new effort to break racial barriers after WWII was almost entirely secular at first, with churches generally falling in with the segregationist mainstream or at best not raising their voices very loudly in the debate. The Baby Boomers, a demographic group that was as skeptical of Christianity as it was of all of its parents' values, reinforced the civil rights movement and its secular nature. It was only after it became obvious that the movement was going to succeed that opportunistic Christendom in America quickly changed sides and joined the marches. Once the battle was more or less won, they attempted to take credit for it.

It was this that caused many black Americans to lose their respect for Christianity and look for another faith.

Relations between traditional Muslims and America's Black Muslims are strained. I'll leave it to a Muslim go into this in more detail and more accuracy, but in general the more conservative Muslims are skeptical that these new converts are even proper Muslims at all. Using Islam as a force for separatism goes against their faith.

I have no idea how the new wave of Muslim immigrants from Africa get along with the home-grown movement.

The history behind this question is far more recent, where the view that the powers that were, who insitituted slave labour, were uniformly Christian (and Caucasian). The adherence to Islam was driven by this perception, and of course, said faith would not disappear in a single generation.
Agreed. Blacks gravitated to Islam to reject the religion associated with white society, Christianity.

The Black Muslim movement gathered its strength in the 1960s as part of the civil rights struggle. It was a powerful symbolic statement for the black community to make to the white community, which was still identfied as a Christian culture. It was a breakaway. With a few astounding and heartwarming exceptions such as the Quaker community, white American Christians taken collectively as an ethnic group had been dismally abusive to black people right up through WWII.

The new effort to break racial barriers after WWII was almost entirely secular at first, with churches generally falling in with the segregationist mainstream or at best not raising their voices very loudly in the debate. The Baby Boomers, a demographic group that was as skeptical of Christianity as it was of all of its parents' values, reinforced the civil rights movement and its secular nature. It was only after it became obvious that the movement was going to succeed that opportunistic Christendom in America quickly changed sides and joined the marches. Once the battle was more or less won, they attempted to take credit for it.

It was this that caused many black Americans to lose their respect for Christianity and look for another faith.

Relations between traditional Muslims and America's Black Muslims are strained. I'll leave it to a Muslim go into this in more detail and more accuracy, but in general the more conservative Muslims are skeptical that these new converts are even proper Muslims at all. Using Islam as a force for separatism goes against their faith.

I have no idea how the new wave of Muslim immigrants from Africa get along with the home-grown movement.

I was going to stay out of this thread but its too late. Martin Luther King was a Christian, i think he was a preacher. I am assuming you dont live near many African Americans, go into a black church and it is an incredible experience. There is more to say but it is best to leave it at that. Oh yeah, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson too.

Last edited:
Obiously the OP doesn't know any Black people. Very few of them are muslims. Most of them are Southern Baptists. There's over 20 million Black Christians in America compared to 2 million Black Muslims... comprende?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't denying the existence of 20 million black Christians. I was pointing out that blacks seem more attracted to Islam than non-blacks. Why the disproportion?

I wasn't denying the existence of 20 million black Christians. I was pointing out that blacks seem more attracted to Islam than non-blacks. Why the disproportion?
M*W: Are there any statistics to prove your point?

You're not taking into account the Caucassian Muslims in Kosovo, Russia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Georgia, Chechnya etc. The fact of the matter is 75% of all Religous Blacks are Christians. So what's the point of your thread again? What conclusion are you trying to draw?

Is there any coneection of islam with hotter areas? Black people previously lived in hotter areas, so may be having a liking accordinly.

Racist and flaming comments deleted; infractions awarded; thread closed.

PM me if anyone has a compelling reason to reopen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back