Are blacks more attracted to Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. Islam also says the same, but it also enforces that the poor must be helped, which is something I dont believe Christianity does.

What do you mean by "must" be helped? What happens in Islam if you don't help the poor? What programs of forced "helping" does Islam mandate?

Ah, now the Blacks do associate themselves with the Egyptians. Perhaps, the blacks are grossly misinformed about Jesus, David and Solomon, just like Medicine Woman?
M*W: Read the following references so you won't continually make a fool of yourself:

Jesus, Last of the Pharaohs, by Ralph Ellis

The Jesus Dynasty: The Hidden History of Jesus, His Royal Family, and the Birth of Christianity, by James D. Tabor

The Life and Times of Akhnaton, Pharaoh of Egypt, by Aurthur Weigall

Moses and Akhenaten: The Secret History of Egypt at the Time of the Exodus, by Ahmed Osman

Christianity: An Ancient Egyptian Religion, by Ahmed Osman

Jesus in the House of the Pharaohs: The Essene Revelations on the Historical Jesus, by Ahmed Osman

Egypt of the Pharaohs, by Alan H. Gardiner

So what makes these authors right and all the other wrong? Like, say, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?

I know. Islam also says the same, but it also enforces that the poor must be helped, which is something I dont believe Christianity does.

That's kind of a huge part of Christianity. What did they teach you about it in school?? :confused:

So what makes these authors right and all the other wrong? Like, say, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?
M*W: The authors I cited are bible scholars and archeologists who have published scientific and peer-reviewed research.

MML&J were fictional characters. At most they were the titles of certain books in the NT, but that doesn't mean they actually existed.

I think it has to do with racism in the United States. Back in the sixties and prior, Black members of our society had a lot of unfair garbage to put up with; stereotypes; lack of education, violence, lack of basic rights etc. It was something that most of us do not understand and if we did, we would be enraged and rightly so. There was an understandable desperation in a segment of our society for something to be proud about...truth, and facts to fight the stereotypes. Unfortunately in the rush to truth, some facts got ignored, and certain individuals used the misunderstanding to attain and exercise power and wealth. So we had a rush to myth in some cases. Thus there came a notion that Islam was the native religion of Africa. And Christianity was the religion of the slave masters. It was true that slave owners in the United States were Christians. It was also true that in many instances the slavers who sold slaves to the Christian plantation owners were followers of Islam and that Muslims had been trading Africans as slaves for a very long time.

It also ignores the fact Mohammad was born 600 years after Christ and the introduction of Christianity into history. And it ignores the fact that the first Christian nation in the world was an African nation. It also ignores the fact that Africa had its own native religions that predate either Christianity or Islam. Malcolm X came to know the truth about Islam, and I think that cost him his life…very unfortunate. I think he was a very good man who could have contributed much more to our society.

So bottom line no, I think there is no racial propensity for Black or any other race to become followers of Islam. However, I think one might get that impression based on the cultural reactions we saw in the sixties and from statements made by certain individuals.

One final point, I have never met a race…only men and women.

In the U.S., it seems that home grown Islamist seem to be disproportionately black. Is there a reasons for that, or is that simply not true?
M*W: Many of the "home grown" Muslims are just that--they were born here.

In the U.S., it seems that home grown Islamist seem to be disproportionately black. Is there a reasons for that, or is that simply not true?
M*W: I don't know where you come from, but I've met many Muslims that weren't Middle Eastern or Black.

M*W: I can't speak for Mohammed, but Solomon, David and Jesus (if they actually existed) were Egyptian. If they didn't exist, they were fictional characters that came out of Egypt, and Jesus may have been a fictional character that came out of Rome (or at least embellished from there).
Egypt is in Africa? So they are African?

(well OK they are pretend and so they can be any color one should wish - I prefer to see them as an aqua green with gills and a tail myself :)

That's kind of a huge part of Christianity. What did they teach you about it in school?? :confused:

Ah, well good for clearing it up, Bush can't possibly be christian or anything to do with then.

Well, like I said, in Islam peace and prosperity is what is said.

But in reality, petty politics and crazy madmen are doing two things:

1. Causing terrorism and disruption of peace
2. Giving Moslims a bad name

bin Laden is NOT Moslim, or he wouldn't be killing innocent people. Argue as he may, if he were on sciforums, you can't claim to follow a certain rule while breaking it at the same time.

joepistole,
I agree with you right up until about here:

I think it has to do with racism in the United States. Back in the sixties and prior, Black members of our society had a lot of unfair garbage to put up with; stereotypes; lack of education, violence, lack of basic rights etc. It was something that most of us do not understand and if we did, we would be enraged and rightly so. There was an understandable desperation in a segment of our society for something to be proud about...truth, and facts to fight the stereotypes.

Take these disenfranchised, young, black men and insert very popular black leaders who were preaching a message of taking power back, Black Nationalism and Islam Nationalism together.

American Black Islam is very different from Middle Eastern Islam.

Because Islam gave rights to the blacks first and said no to slaves. Darker people were attracted to that idea more as Islam was the only faith that made white people and dark people equal.

I hate racist people and i adore black people more than white...they've been through more, i don't pity them, i envy them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back