Are all gods egocentric?

path said:
It was never meant to rule it was meant to be a spiritual guide.

Then I find it inadequate for life for spritual and materialistic life are two faces of the same coin.

path said:
That varied from one ruler to the next and also depended upon just who was being conquered. Some indian historians reckon that india's population dropped by 80 million during the centuries of jihad india endured. In addition thousands of old and magnificent temples and shrines were leveled (they were idol worshippers afterall)

I don't know the intricaties of indian history. I Wouldn't be surprised if those "hindu" "Historians" said that. Certainly after their continuous wars agains Pakistan. I would trust them as I would trust Dick Cheney in the U.S. Off course I need to read about it. But that won't be anytime soon.

path said:
most were already there

Yes, so?! No one said that Perisa was uninhabited. However you admit that they did build on. That they erected cities and developed the land.

path said:
No they made extensive use of the newly conquered territories administrators, especially Persians who were well educated in running the affairs of a large empire. Check and see they kept the buearocrats in place and only replaced the top ruling officials in the lands of the middle east.

A wise measure by all means. I would do the same.

path said:
If they hadn't at the very least continued to develop the aquired knowledge base they would have been inept indeed, all civilizations have done this since the beginning of time.

Clearly the european middle ages don't testify to that. However, you again admit that they were not inept. That they did go and the add to humanity's development.

path said:
As long as you don't do the same to the Persians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Phoenicians, Minoans, Sumerians, Babylonians etc etc. ;)

So if were to negate the earlier civs, it wouldn't be a fallacy of your part to negate the Muslim civ. Non mon ami, it would be a fallacy even if I denied those civilizations, Which I didn't. (off course I would be committing one too if I did.) I deeply respect them and try to learn about them in keeping with what that great man -peace be upon him- has thought us; "gathering knowledge is a (Muslim-) duty."

path said:
No your point was saying it was christianity the caused the west to deteriorate I simply pointed out that that was incorrect.

Christiannity had control over the roman decays and yet failed to make them better or save them. The advent of Islam organised and made bettered it's dominion. It was good for Muslims as opposed to what the first poster claimed.

path said:
Oh my listing acheivements now are we? is it a competition?

It is not, funny you interpret it as such though. ;) It is a mere glimps of the thing that was denied; that even as they followed Islam the Muslims did not fall into present day chaos and backwardness as opposed to what the first poster claimed.

path said:
I know about Andalusia

So you know of the good that that man in desert -peace be upon him- thaught us.

path said:
do you know about constantinople? How many people died because of that man from the desert?

You mean Istanbul. But what a bout it? A great conquest, the crushing of any further attempt to attack the eastern shores of the mediteranny. You make it sound as terrible as the crusades or the sack of constantinopole by the western christans.

Mehmet II- Al Fatih, the brilliant emperor (by my own pragmatic views), whose motives were far from being purely religious, might have been wrong, but only if he didn't observe the Islamic rules. In the end he remade the great Constantinople from a city of ruines and deacy into a civilized Instanbul. The spill-overs only were enough to more than inspire Europe.

By the way, if the Muslims ever committed anything bad. Than you should comprehend that people make msitakes. And instead of crying:" see what individual #1278967234093209487!! See how horrible civilization N is!!" you should look at the overall picture, You should appreciate how one man- peace be upon him- did not make angels that walked the earth, but made of a great many men elevated men that ruled with Justice. By defining (almost)everything Islam has immunized its adherents against many evils, instead of letting them learn by trial and error by not saying anything about omnipresent human phenomena (e.g. war and politics). It is only to be hoped that the many that claim to be adhering to that Islam nowadays return to the fine principles and guidelines of their reigion. It would do our world good.

And may peace be upon you

Last edited:
Back