Are all discussions of God speculative nonsense?

um..see below (religion does not equal God)

Originally Posted by Knowledge91
If we ever want to truly learn about God the first thing we need to do is to get rid of this God=Religion non sense.
Religion does not equal God is debatable, once again who came first the chicken or the egg dilemma. How would I go about learning about this God you speak of, also why is it just one?

Religion does not equal God is debatable, once again who came first the chicken or the egg dilemma. How would I go about learning about this God you speak of, also why is it just one?

seek and ye shall find..

IOW the more you find out about God the more you know(familiarity,not empirical) about God.

we only know of God what God shares with us. Never lose faith in the holly, if faith in your fellow man is lost it is the obligation of all to restore that faith. We only win if we all win. Not to get all preachy or anything, but I believe every man, woman, and child has to come to there own conclusion of what lies beyond. When choosing your belief only search inward. Don't turn to anyone, not the church, not your mother, and not your teacher.

What God shared with us.

Your joking. Right?

Regards
DL

Because God is not a necessary requirement for the universe to exist and function, and there is no evidence that such a supernatural entity exists.

And since we are supposed to be responsible for what we say, why not doubt what has yet to be proven?

Why not prove a truth before calling it a truth?

Regards
DL

seek and ye shall find..

IOW the more you find out about God the more you know(familiarity,not empirical) about God.

Oi that's very confusing. If religion=God doesn't apply, where do you seek? Am I suppose to make up my own imaginary friend and call it truth? All the thousands of Gods throughout history are real then since people have sought and they have found. Telling me to seek and I shall find is telling me that anywhere is fine, under a rock, or at the mall -_- not a very informative answer.

Oi that's very confusing.
i try to use MEPS (Mental,Emotional,Physical,Spiritual) for perspective..
If religion=God doesn't apply, where do you seek?
as long as you remember religion doesn't equal God, its a matter of perspective, is the focus on God or on the religion?
religion(what fits you?) can help you focus your thoughts on God,but you are still responsible for your own choices.(IOW test all things,hold on to what is good)

Am I suppose to make up my own imaginary friend and call it truth?
um..see above..(test all things..)

All the thousands of Gods throughout history are real then since people have sought and they have found.
they have sought power and have found power..
anything good, forced on another, is bad.

Telling me to seek and I shall find is telling me that anywhere is fine, under a rock, or at the mall -_- not a very informative answer.
all places..not just one.
the more pieces you collect the bigger the picture..

Ok. How about this. Fuck every religion, ever. The religion in its esiance is nothing more than a fraternity of like minded people, but what we really need to take out of church is the simple stuff, like be a good person, and at this time I think we all know what it means to be a good person.

Ok. How about this. Fuck every religion, ever. The religion in its esiance is nothing more than a fraternity of like minded people, but what we really need to take out of church is the simple stuff, like be a good person, and at this time I think we all know what it means to be a good person.

So we could fuck every church ever and fuck every God ever then too.

you-like-this.jpg

Alright then.I do not harm other living beings on purpose, that would be my definition of good. Since that is enough,why do I need to believe in THE God again?

Alright then.I do not harm other living beings on purpose, that would be my definition of good. Since that is enough,why do I need to believe in THE God again?

same reason you would believe in trees, or water, or gravity.

Back