Anyone else find Crop circles beautiful?

Oli said:
Books have been published, videos abound on the net... Lack of evidence for humans doing it?
then how can you say there's a lack? Or do you just want everything to be pushed under your nose?
My point is for someone not actively following the issue I stumble across more claims of aliens did it then I do of humans claiming responsibility. I also mentioned something about getting out more...
Oli said:
or maybe if you opened your eyes you'd see that is indeed the case.
Is that an echo I hear :rolleyes:
Oli said:
Damn. Why do I always miss the obvious?
Indeed ;)

The claim that crop circles are something other than man made is the one that needs proof. As stated in an earlier post, Occam's Razor dictates this to be the simplest explanation, especially in light of confessed circle makers who have explained their methods.

To continue to claim otherwise needs proof. Not the other way around.

I repeat that I mentioned not only occams razor, but also the lack of any credible evidence for aliens. I should also add that there is plenty of evidence for humans creating crop circles.

Anyone have any information on how many people have been charged criminally or sucessfully sued in civil court for making crop circles? Since the process implies trespassing and the destruction of private property, then there should be some convictions out there.

Novacane said:
Yea........Most super-advanced aliens who travel hundreds or thousands of light years in their space ship from a distant solar system don't want to leave the corn fields until they finish their crop circles. I know I wouldn't.

There is more than one possibilty here. You're putting it as either people or 'super-advanced aliens.' It could be something that no one has even thought of yet.

I certianly think many are man-made, however I remember reading an article about it (I don't have a link now, I'll look) with an interview of the guys that first got known for making crop circles. They noted one in particular that they believe could not have been done without being noticed. They said that to make as many circles as there are in one night, they would have to make them at like 30 sec. a peice, and that to get enough people there to do it, they would leave a trace of some sort.

There is also the problem that often the stems of the crops are not broken, as a board would do, but bent. Footprints are never found on some sites.

I don't know what causes them, there is a lot of ideas there. I very will think that many of them are not made by people. Aliens? possible. Rods? who knows.

Not me, and not anyone else.

I doubt whether most people adept with a pencil, ruler and compass could even DRAW an accurate representation of a complex crop circle on a peice of paper...nevermind running around in the dark with a few friends, ropes and flashlights trying to actually make one.

DJ Erock said:
There is also the problem that often the stems of the crops are not broken, as a board would do, but bent. Footprints are never found on some sites.
If the corn is green enough it will bend just fine. If it is a damp night that might help as well.

Apparently one group of circlemakers used bar stools to get in and out without leaving a trace. Fred Day used stilts. There are usually tracks left by the farm vehicles that can be used to get in and out.

Last edited:
SkinWalker said:
..Occam's Razor dictates...
I assure you it does not dictate :p
Also it does not mean the simplest explanation is necessarily the correct one.
SkinWalker said:
To continue to claim otherwise needs proof.
If you're talking to me can you point out where I have claimed otherwise?

Carcano said:
I doubt whether most people adept with a pencil, ruler and compass could even DRAW an accurate representation of a complex crop circle on a peice of paper...nevermind running around in the dark with a few friends, ropes and flashlights trying to actually make one.
I think you are kidding yourself.
http://www.circlemakers.org

No one starts with the complex circles. You start with a simple one and improve each time. If you look at how the circles improved over the years it certainly has all the makings of a hobby that people got better at.

Communist Hamster said:
Occams razor would say they are all made by humans. Couple this with the lack of replicable, peer reviewed evidence for aliens and the hypothesis that all crop circles are made by humans looks very convincing to me.
Occams razar is a joke, a lottery of assumption at best.
To base any claim on such a subjective term is ludicris at best.
Occams razor is applied relatively to the person perceiving the situation.
Different people, a different idea of what the simplest awnser is.

As for your other comments, it does explain your current perception on the matter and is possible.

shaman_ said:
I have dismissed the idea of aliens making for the same reasons that I dismiss the theory of ferrets making them.
Nothing you said was really to far out of whack, until you said this.
That's just wierd.

DJ Erock said:
There is more than one possibilty here. You're putting it as either people or 'super-advanced aliens.' It could be something that no one has even thought of yet.

I certianly think many are man-made, however I remember reading an article about it (I don't have a link now, I'll look) with an interview of the guys that first got known for making crop circles. They noted one in particular that they believe could not have been done without being noticed. They said that to make as many circles as there are in one night, they would have to make them at like 30 sec. a peice, and that to get enough people there to do it, they would leave a trace of some sort.

I don't know what causes them, there is a lot of ideas there. I very will think that many of them are not made by people. Aliens? possible. Rods? who knows.

Not me, and not anyone else.
Good post.

Again Skin, any "claim" needs to be able to be proven.
Yes, if someone claims that aliens did it, then they should be able to prove it.
Just as youir claim "They're all blokes with ropes and boards." needs to be proven.
How do you know this?

Whats all this talk of spirograph?
I can see the designs being made this way, but not the actual application to the corn field which is the mystery.

Thats one big spirograph if it is.

P.S. Thanks Stryder for the touch ups on my post :)

Last edited:
moementum7 said:
Again Skin, any "claim" needs to be able to be proven.
Yes, if someone claims that aliens did it, then they should be able to prove it.
Just as youir claim "They're all blokes with ropes and boards." needs to be proven.
How do you know this?

They've admitted to it.

SkinWalker said:
They've admitted to it.
Who is "they"?
And what have they admitted to exactly?
How do you know these poeple are credible?
Can they prove they were involved with every single crop circle?

This information would be very helpful in your claim.

Thanks.

Communist Hamster said:
Occams razor would say they are all made by humans. Couple this with the lack of replicable, peer reviewed evidence for aliens and the hypothesis that all crop circles are made by humans looks very convincing to me.

I guess we should head to Mars next and start stomping exotic circles in the red martian sand. Maybe it will catch on and the whole galaxy will have millions of aliens making circles on every planet. Great way to showoff your super-advanced alien technolgy. :D

Back