Any atheists here who were once believers?

So you are not a Christian then, Mark 16:8
Belief that finds no recourse to action is completely meaningless (beyond lip exercise .... if that can possibly be rated as a meaningful enterprise ) .
Was it you who drinks the polluted water from the Ganges?
If you rate drinking water from a river as dangerous and death defying , suddenly history and many simple village communities are populated by evil kinevals
:shrug:

If you rate drinking water from a river as dangerous and death defying , suddenly history and many simple village communities are populated by evil kinevals

More like - you don't sound like a Christian, and yet you get away with drinking polluted water. What's going on?

Matthew 16 - …17"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

Acts 28:3
Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand.
Acts 28:5
But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects.

Mark 16 - …16"He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. 17"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

A Greek tragedy requires royals, noblemen. Doesn't happen to commoners.

That's what we're talking about here.

But if you insist:

Conventional wisdom has it that hubris - pride, arrogance, haughtiness - is a cause for one's failure.

Or like they say - Pride goeth before the fall.
Just as well I am a humble man then.

Belief that finds no recourse to action is completely meaningless (beyond lip exercise .... if that can possibly be rated as a meaningful enterprise ) .
Complete rubbish. It is a blessing just to believe in something, something meaninful, something that sets the tone for ones life and describes who you are.

:shrug:
I've seen those places where they bathe themselves, in places where dead bodies are floating by. Are you saying it is safe to drink?

More like - you don't sound like a Christian, and yet you get away with drinking polluted water. What's going on?

Matthew 16 - …17"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

Acts 28:3
Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand.
Acts 28:5
But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects.

Mark 16 - …16"He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. 17"These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
Pretty weird stuff. Who wants to go first? Luckily we don't have snakes and scorpions here. Poisons are kept locked up. So all I am left with is casting out of demons and speaking in tongues, and the one I really want; to lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

Strange how they never drink deadly poison these days.
Has that super power worn off?

angel-of-death-wallpaper.jpg

Beware mortals for it is I who await you in the afterlife.

What is the difference between a narcissistic confabulated life and a religious confabulated life?

[video=youtube_share;NeL5HDAfklc]http://youtu.be/NeL5HDAfklc[/video]
Some cult leaders have narcissistic traits.
But listen to this description on the video:
2:07 TO 2:18

Does that describe a devout religious person?

So the resisting poison super power only works with Biblical strength poisons?
Milk with a pinch of sheep dung in it, or something similar.
Preacher: Look, I am sprinkling the deadly sheep dung into the milk. Now I will drink it.
Congregation: Gasp.

What kind of super power is that?
Swizz!

What kind of snakes does the snake super-power cover?
Is it just really weedy ones?
Glow worms, maybe. They are rubbish snakes.

Last edited:
I've seen those places where they bathe themselves, in places where dead bodies are floating by. Are you saying it is safe to drink?
actually the main concern for pollutants come from industry.
Even to his day, the ganges supplies water to something like a third of the indian population.
Contrary to popular belief, the ratio of dead human bodies to water isn't something astronomical.

As a side note, there is some remarkable qualities of the ganges water that has been examined scientifically

Complete rubbish. It is a blessing just to believe in something, something meaninful, something that sets the tone for ones life and describes who you are.
If its setting the tone for one's life, its a belief that already has recourse to action ... unless we are talking about something like experiencing a flat line or something

Well of course, however they are following a group mentality. That is the point that seems to be alluding you, Thus are not being nor acting as individuals in said group. they are all following the group mentality. They forego there individuality the moment they join and act within that group. It has been scientifically proven that people act and do things totally out of character when in a group mentality. They are clearly not using their critical minds then are they.

One day in the future, you may actually understand that. Wait belay that, I don't think that is actually possible. As you're still insisting that they can both be individual thinkers at the very same time be group thinkers. The two are mutually exclusive.

Do you lie awake at night asking 'Where you had gone wrong? Well that's going to take a hell of a lot more than one night.

Oh and don't give other people a piece of your mind unless you can afford it. You haven't got much there to share.

And note I only respond with vitriol when it is what I receive. At the beginning of this slanging match, all I asked you was are you sure.

geeser, you seem to only be able to : twist, fold, mutilate, ignore, regurgitate...repeat!

geeser, you do not seem to be able to supply any answers to my questions.

geeser, you do not seem to be able to understand...anything!?!!??!!!???

geeser, you seem to only be able to : twist, fold, mutilate, ignore, regurgitate...repeat!

geeser, as for your note : "And note I only respond with vitriol when it is what I receive. At the beginning of this slanging match, all I asked you was are you sure."
geeser, I have no idea what a "slanging match" is - what "slang" has been used to evidently mean vitriol?
geeser, as for the question you asked of me - I answered it. Repeatedly.

So...now...again...geeser,... I am VERY SURE!! ...also...you seem to only be able to : twist, fold, mutilate, ignore, regurgitate...repeat!

geeser, can you possibly understand...Meh!!!...???!!!???

So the resisting poison super power only works with Biblical strength poisons?
Milk with a pinch of sheep dung in it, or something similar.
Preacher: Look, I am sprinkling the deadly sheep dung into the milk. Now I will drink it.
Congregation: Gasp.

What kind of super power is that?
Swizz!

What kind of snakes does the snake super-power cover?
Is it just really weedy ones?
Glow worms, maybe. They are rubbish snakes.
If you come to NZ you can try my homemade yogurt. It is deadly poison as far as everyone else is concerned.
And the snakes I like picking up are the Jelly Jubes Snakes. They are deadly delicious but I have no trouble ingesting them whole.

actually the main concern for pollutants come from industry.
Even to his day, the ganges supplies water to something like a third of the indian population.
Contrary to popular belief, the ratio of dead human bodies to water isn't something astronomical.

As a side note, there is some remarkable qualities of the ganges water that has been examined scientifically
It all takes a bit of faith.

Back