Anger as a prelude to intolerance

We know they were in their bedrooms, but they weren't on the desk next to the popular poster or the pc. There were many things I could have hidden in my room when growing up.

Do you know how many troubled kids learn how to mask behavior as they know what the rules are.

But is it any suprise that kids are very adept at that?
Tv programmes, films, series, the adults they see every day mask their behavior - and they serve as role models to the kids.

Sure, everyone is repsonsible for their own behavior. But not masking your behavior when you see that so many others are doing is a risk, for many too big to take.

But is it any suprise that kids are very adept at that?
Tv programmes, films, series, the adults they see every day mask their behavior - and they serve as role models to the kids.

Sure, everyone is repsonsible for their own behavior. But not masking your behavior when you see that so many others are doing is a risk, for many too big to take.

No I meant kids who have been through the system, a psychiatrist or psych unit etc. The ones who are 'flagged' for depression and suicide. Its like learning how to not take your medication when the doctor is standing in front of you. If you are intent on killing yourself you play at levity, talk of the future, say you are feeling better anything to get out of a psych unit or controlling gaze, jeez its easy to mask deeper issues

No I meant kids who have been through the system, a psychiatrist or psych unit etc. The ones who are 'flagged' for depression and suicide. Its like learning how to not take your medication when the doctor is standing in front of you. If you are intent on killing yourself you play at levity, talk of the future, say you are feeling better anything to get out of a psych unit or controlling gaze, jeez its easy to mask deeper issues

But isn't 'everyday life' basically the same?
When someone asks you 'How are you?' do you always answer truthfully, regardless whom you are talking to and in what situation?

I have the impression that people lie and maks a lot, it's even part of being 'cultured'.
Those who try to cheat doctors at psych wards are just further down the line, but it's the same line.

But isn't 'everyday life' basically the same?
When someone asks you 'How are you?' do you always answer truthfully, regardless whom you are talking to and in what situation?

I have the impression that people lie and maks a lot, it's even part of being 'cultured'.
Those who try to cheat doctors at psych wards are just further down the line, but it's the same line.

No I don't share very personal things I find it rude unless I am very very intimate with someone. So if someone said 'how are you'? They get fine and thats it. Why should we share everything? I think it's counterproductive.

i dont think cheating a doctor because you are resistent to treatment is the same as wondering why your neighbor would be interested in your deepest feeling. They do not relate.

i dont think cheating a doctor because you are resistent to treatment is the same as wondering why your neighbor would be interested in your deepest feeling. They do not relate.

I think they are at different points of the same spectrum.

Not necessarily unless you can prove that people knew about the website and thought it serious, or had read their diaries etc.

But as the gustav link appears to confirm in the columbine case it wasn't just shit happening randomly. People were afraid of those two for a long time. They raised the alarm. A plan had even been made to cope with gun related incidents at the school but the school didn't implement them.

When Cornell and Schalmoser presented their plan to Columbine, the school had already been alerted that one of its juniors, Eric Harris, might be dangerous. At night, Harris and his friend Dylan Klebold had been building an arsenal and making plans to use it - plans that Harris wrote about on the Internet, on his Web site.

In 1998, Brooks Brown was a junior at Columbine. That March, he found his name on Harris' Web site. Harris was threatening to kill him.

Didn't someone also mention that one of these guys had been to "anger management" sessions?
They didn't go into much depth did they?
Or the essay about killing that was mentioned in this(?) the other(?) thread that caused warnings to go out...

Didn't someone also mention that one of these guys had been to "anger management" sessions?
They didn't go into much depth did they?

I mentioned it.
I also know some of the Wester approaches to anger management. Personally, few things make me as angry as that.

Back