An athiest world = a better world.

a similar idea (ie ideal atheism) was prominent circa 18th/19th century.
Events of the 20th century give cause for recourse however .....
Maybe I wasn't clear enough? I didn't say atheism leads to a secure and prosperous society, I said a secure and prosperous society leads to atheism.

So, if you were to find yourself in a secure and prosperous society - more than likely it'd be an atheist one and if you were to find yourself in a very insecure and poor society - more than likely it's be a theistic one.

We can't USE atheism to form a secure and prosperous society. We should therefor USE THEISM to do so. Which means we just need to determine what kind of Theism we want to create. Should it have Aliens? Gods? Goddesses? All of these? Then, AFTER we reach a state of a secure and prosperous society it will naturally become atheist.

It's happening even as we speak. Iraq is becoming more theistic and the USA less so.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough? I didn't say atheism leads to a secure and prosperous society, I said a secure and prosperous society leads to atheism.

So, if you were to find yourself in a secure and prosperous society - more than likely it'd be an atheist one and if you were to find yourself in a very insecure and poor society - more than likely it's be a theistic one.

We can't USE atheism to form a secure and prosperous society. We should therefor USE THEISM to do so. Which means we just need to determine what kind of Theism we want to create. Should it have Aliens? Gods? Goddesses? All of these? Then, AFTER we reach a state of a secure and prosperous society it will naturally become atheist.

It's happening even as we speak. Iraq is becoming more theistic and the USA less so.
once again, brothers grim renditions of history aside, the 20th century tends to indicate otherwise.

Although I am a pessimist by nature; I still believe that with good education based on humanism and pacifism; humans can bury this nasty mentality of us vs them .

We'd have to bury Islam first as it is an ideology that condones and propagates the "us vs them" mentality.

How many here would agree that at the very least, a world with the removal of all violence preaching religions, would be a better world.

So that would involve the removal of the old testament out of christianity, and the removal of Islam.

Any other religions that preach violence?

How many here would agree that at the very least, a world with the removal of all violence preaching religions, would be a better world.
well, removal of violence in whatever medium in manifests generally tends to make for a better world (probably more accurate to define it as unnecessary violence)
So that would involve the removal of the old testament out of christianity, and the removal of Islam.
If the Christians and Muslims in your street are fire bombing your mailbox, sure

Any other religions that preach violence?
given that there are advocates for peace amongst the christian and muslim communities, it seems you are not properly understanding the situation

lightgigantic:

I'm talking about what the religious text teaches. Not what the people do. Because inevitably the teachings will influence the fundamental followers.

Are you trying to tell me that the old testament and the qur'an don't preach violence?

and answers, you seem to know very little about religion, so please don't state what you think you know about it as facts around here..

lol just because you disagree on my interpretation of christian concepts doesn't mean I don't know about them.

I actually scored very highly on a facebook test which assessed your knowledge about religion. hahaha

lol just because you disagree on my interpretation of christian concepts doesn't mean I don't know about them.

I actually scored very highly on a facebook test which assessed your knowledge about religion. hahaha

So now we have to rely on facebook tests .... the world is doomed :D

By the way are you American?

Peace be unto you ;)

answers: you won't hear this often, but i take what i said about you back..

although for someone who even takes Facebook quizzes that shouldn't indicate anything..

Back